Official Star Trek: Picard thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
As for the latest episode...I'm not feeling Picard's crew. Inexplicably this show cast 3 actors I have never enjoyed in anything to be Picard's squad.
I wish he took Mr. & Mrs Romulan with him instead.
Somebody got to keep the caterpillars off the pino

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I like episode 3 more than 2. 2 definitely felt like part 2 of the first episode and didn’t feel like anything happened. This one had a little momentum but also repeated shyt we already knew in info dumps.

But I do like the new crew and I’m excited to see how they work together. And it’s dope seeing Picard get his mojo back

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I'm loving this Picard, while Picard is not like the Picard of TNG, 2-3 decades of being retired and holding a grudge against Starfleet makes his new perspective believable

Him leading a team into space is what im worried about:lolbron::usure:

But its a great time to be a scifi/space fan:blessed:

Edit: fukk y'all shytting on Discovery, shyt was legit:whew: after TNG, DS9, TOS, its the next best Trek to me, voyager and enterprise were trying to be TNG but could not measure up:flabbynsick:

Discovery S1 was meh.

S2 had the juice, tho. That finale :banderas:.

Very much looking forward to S3.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
A futuristic android shouldn't age like Kirstie Alley, bruh.

phcXYry.png
YRsHnFB.png
surprised they didn't try some Marvel de-aging magic on Data
probably cost too much

Data was designed to age. From the TNG episode "Inheritance" :

LAFORGE: Basically she's a Soong-type android, except everything about her is designed to fool you into thinking she's human.
CRUSHER: She's got tear ducts, sweat glands, even veins and capillaries underneath her skin.
RIKER: Why does the scanner read her as a human?
CRUSHER: Because she has a feedback processor designed to send out a false bio-signal.
LAFORGE: It's part of her aging programme. Not only does she age in appearance like Data, her vital signs change too.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Episode 3 :francis:

Brehs i hate to say as a lifelong star Trek fan that I'm not impressed by this show

Too much... drama... the action is off. It's weird.

I hate the "modern" take on Star Trek :francis:

I am in agreement, the show's feel and look is similar to nBSG/Caprica and anti-AI/Borg. The scenes are too long and drawn out which throws off the pacing of the story. The flashback sequences are unnecessary, lazy, and awful.

Many of the actors and actresses are trash and too hammy for the dialogue which doesn't sound natural and comes off very forced.

Seems like they are basing the storyline from the 1997 comic, "Operation Assimilation" where the Romulans got got by the Borg.

This is making Enterprise look like DS9 lol...

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am in agreement, the show's feel and look is similar to nBSG/Caprica and anti-AI/Borg. The scenes are too long and drawn out which throws off the pacing of the story. The flashback sequences are unnecessary, lazy, and awful.

Many of the actors and actresses are trash and too hammy for the dialogue which doesn't sound natural and comes off very forced.

Seems like they are basing the storyline from the 1997 comic, "Operation Assimilation" where the Romulans got got by the Borg.

This is making Enterprise look like DS9 lol...
Real talk it just don't feel right if this was old-school trek they would have 7 seasons but I would guess this may go 3 no matter how successful I'm trying to be optimistic.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Data was designed to age. From the TNG episode "Inheritance" :

LAFORGE: Basically she's a Soong-type android, except everything about her is designed to fool you into thinking she's human.
CRUSHER: She's got tear ducts, sweat glands, even veins and capillaries underneath her skin.
RIKER: Why does the scanner read her as a human?
CRUSHER: Because she has a feedback processor designed to send out a false bio-signal.
LAFORGE: It's part of her aging programme. Not only does she age in appearance like Data, her vital signs change too.
Yeah I will have to check that episode since this was contradicted several times including all good things.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Real talk it just don't feel right if this was old-school trek they would have 7 seasons but I would guess this may go 3 no matter how successful I'm trying to be optimistic.
Patrick Stewart is 80 IRL, that might have something to do with this show only having three seasons.

These shows require long hours on set and Patrick might not wanna commit to that for seven years.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Patrick Stewart is 80 IRL, that might have something to do with this show only having three seasons.

These shows require long hours on set and Patrick might not wanna commit to that for seven years.
agreed

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
That ain't no Borg ritual

Can't wait for reviews on Picard being a social justice warrior, he got some nerve, longest seven minutes ever

And finally, this happened
EQp7s4BVAAYeENg