Official Star Trek: Picard thread

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was ok. ....I wasnt too crazy about it to be honest.
Felt the writing and script could be better....

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
What a come down from last week. It was like the worst of Discovery, which is every episode of it more or less.

Why the fukk does the Romulan at Chateau Picard have a thick Irish accent and who thought it was fine for her to go about saying "de cheeky feckers"?

fukk off.

Understandable if she lives in Ireland and not France and had picked up local slang but that is just appaling. I've seen the actress in other things without her native accent so why is she Irish in this?

Discovery shuttles fukking EVERYWHERE, lens flare, stupid drones whizzing about making noise.

I had hoped this would be different from Discovery but it's riddled with the same needless white that made that show so bad.

At least we now know Geordie didn't die at the attack on Utopia Planitia.

The current team in charge need to fukk right off.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
What a come down from last week. It was like the worst of Discovery, which is every episode of it more or less.

Why the fukk does the Romulan at Chateau Picard have a thick Irish accent and who thought it was fine for her to go about saying "de cheeky feckers"?

fukk off.

Understandable if she lives in Ireland and not France and had picked up local slang but that is just appaling. I've seen the actress in other things without her native accent so why is she Irish in this?

Discovery shuttles fukking EVERYWHERE, lens flare, stupid drones whizzing about making noise.

I had hoped this would be different from Discovery but it's riddled with the same needless white that made that show so bad.

At least we now know Geordie didn't die at the attack on Utopia Planitia.

The current team in charge need to fukk right off.
I don't see the big deal about Irish romulans .... This happens after discovery, right of course you'll see disco shuttles, you'd though they had all spore drive

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I don't see the big deal about Irish romulans .... This happens after discovery, right of course you'll see disco shuttles, you'd though they had all spore drive

You've missed the point. It's not so much the accent but what she says. "De cheeky feckers" is something an Irish person would say. Not a Romulan.

Yes it happens after Discovery but around 150 years later. They couldn't be bothered to design new shuttles or even modify the look of old ones? It's just lazy.

And not a lot happened in the episode either. Some nice callbacks. Geordie,Worf, Riker, Stargazer Doctor, the Irrumodic syndrome. But it just felt so much like an episode of Discovery rather than what we got last week.

daemonova

Daps
You've missed the point. It's not so much the accent but what she says. "De cheeky feckers" is something an Irish person would say. Not a Romulan.

Yes it happens after Discovery but around 150 years later. They couldn't be bothered to design new shuttles or even modify the look of old ones? It's just lazy.

And not a lot happened in the episode either. Some nice callbacks. Geordie,Worf, Riker, Stargazer Doctor, the Irrumodic syndrome. But it just felt so much like an episode of Discovery rather than what we got last week.
We still setting the stage, he ain't even got a ship yet, you blowing things out of proportion.

Disco was bad because of that stupid machines taking over story line AND because they had to shoe wedge in the canon because of you crybabies

daemonova

Daps
EPibWZBU0AMdHtf

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
We still setting the stage, he ain't even got a ship yet, you blowing things out of proportion.

Disco was bad because of that stupid machines taking over story line AND because they had to shoe wedge in the canon because of you crybabies

They wrapped themselves up in the canon mess by setting it 10 years before TOS.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
They wrapped themselves up in the canon mess by setting it 10 years before TOS.
I agree with this we know start trek is evolved several times over the years but all this new stuff I've seen over the last decade truly does not feel like trek smh. I will continue watching Picard though.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ok I am confused asf it seems like the commodore of starfleet is actually a romulan spy!!!??:wtf: and the human looking bytch is one of them...

WHERE THE fukk IS SECTION 31 WHEN YOU NEED THEM???!!! :damn:

I wonder if Sloane makes an appearance?!:mindblown: I don't agree with section 31's methods but damn if they are needed when evil shyt goes down...:mindblown: