Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
For people complaining about this trailer showing too much....

He's in Civil War... He's also has a SEQUEL after Civil War which means you know Spidey isn't going to die in this movie.. and if he did, he would be brought back to life :mjpls:

Which brings me to the only gripe I have as a Marvel Stan.

The Marvel blue print while :blessed:, takes away some of the tension from movies because you know characters are going to live despite the obstacles put in their way.

I know in todays social media age, its impossible BUT what if Marvel was able to release movies unexpectedly :mjcry: like those Cloverfield flicks

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Your own post shows the downward trend for what is arguably one of the most popular comic book heroes in the world. Amazing Spider-Man 2 made almost $200 million less than Spider-Man 3. Even Guardians of the Galaxy and The Winter Solider grossed more than Amazing Spider-Man 2 which was supposed to spearhead a Spidey universe. The Sony-only Spider-Man franchise was falling behind the pack and needed something (whether the MCU or a new visionary direction) to regain some momentum.

Yeah that was the issue when it boiled down to it. Amazing 1 got more bang for their buck because it was the cheapest but amazing 2, after spider man 3, is the most expensive and it was just the law of diminishing returns at the bank. That's the main reason they did what they did aside from creatively needing to get Avi Arad out of the seat for a while. That's not to say the man doesn't have any good ideas but its like a coach who's been in charge of a team for too long. Eventually people can tune them out or the game passes them by and its time to move on. He's been dealing with spider man since the late 80s and for anything to flourish, you need an infusion of new blood. Letting Feige get a crack at steering the ship is a good idea just in terms of giving it a new voice behind the scenes. Hopefully Jon Watts is the right guy with the right vision also. Amazing 1 is still my favorite spider man film because it feels the most intimate and most personal but I get it wasn't everyones cup of tea. Cool. I'm all for more spider man every single time so bring it on.

Yes they made diminishing returns but to say a franchise churning out 700million+ movies 5 times in a row as ''needing help'' is selling that company short.

Sony made more money in 5 films than majority of the MCU, so i dont get that whole ''needing'' angle , they aint lose no money, yes they aint made a billi, but i doubt any losses was taken from any of the films.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes they made diminishing returns but to say a franchise churning out 700million+ movies 5 times in a row as ''needing help'' is selling that company short.

Sony made more money in 5 films than majority of the MCU, so i dont get that whole ''needing'' angle , they aint lose no money, yes they aint made a billi, but i doubt any losses was taken from any of the films.

Well they admitted they needed help when they reached out. So whether or not I or you believe it, they admitted as much. I feel what you're saying though but the Amy Pascal and Sony's current brass felt differently. That's all that matters in the end on the real

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Blessings be upon you my brother:salute:
How can you support anyone who says their favorite superhero is anyone but the GOAT?

giphy.gif

This isn't even about the Marvel vs. DC shyt cause neither of us are about that. I just know you're POTY and you need to set a better example than that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
How can you support anyone who says their favorite superhero is anyone but the GOAT?

giphy.gif

This isn't even about the Marvel vs. DC shyt cause neither of us are about that. I just know you're POTY and you need to set a better example than that.
"Guy in a rubber suit running around with a little boy." :picard:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I gotta keep it a buck. It looks good but It does not look all too different than what we've seen previously. I still think there's too much Stark also. We'll see. Either way I'll be there, I'm not the type to pretend I won't watch a movie :lolbron: