Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Vulture looks bad-ass. Movie looks not-so-good. Hopefully Iron Man isn't in the movie as much as the latest trailer makes it out to be.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Damn nikka calm the fukk down. nikkas come in here furious as hell for the most obvious complaint of the trailer that a lot of people agree with. This shyt is flying under the Sony banner and produced by Marvel only. Watts directed this along with Daley, for the screenplay and he more than likely cut the trailer. Both of them had no prior history with Marvel even though I'm sure they were in the room giving them pointers so I'm checking this shyt mostly under Sony (since they had 5 times to get it right still failed and now need training wheels from the MCU)

Back to the movie.
A little too much Iron Man for me also. Feels like a spin off more than a true Spidey movie and I guess it is but still. Oh well I'll be there first day regardless and I think this shyt is gonna break some records.

I think people keep bringing up sony even tho they have nothing to do with the production of the movie so that when people complain they can blame sony, shyt is tiring.. sony made classic spidey movies people just sheep and complain over nothing.

anyways.. i agree, too much iron man in a movie about spidey making his own way, i guess marvel tryna lock down that so needed billi that the spidey franchise has never achieved

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
What an awful trailer.

Not because the stuff in it looks bad. The central conflict looks pretty good actually. But it looks like they spoiled every beat of the story. I would have preferred to see some of that stuff in the theater, specifically Peter being stripped of the suit Tony made after the boat incident. The first trailer made me think the boat thing would be a heroic moment, but this flat out does away with the red herring and tells me the boat thing is going to be a "I fukked up moment". Think that could have been a good surprise.

I swear the best trailers are the ones that tease with excellent visuals and out of context set pieces but hide enough of the story/character beats that you come away intrigued and compelled to find out what's gonna happen. This didn't do that imo, it took away all mystery, and just laid out the entire film in 2 minute form. I don't expect they saved any set piece or big character moment for the film that hasn't already been put in the trailer. Oh well.

It looks like a good movie though which I was concerned about after seeing the first trailer.

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Y'all dudes hate on absolutely everything :dahell:

But none you really got the answers because you posting about it on a internet hip-hop forum.

Take a moment fallback and just enjoy the flicks.

movie looks dope, so what if RDJ is in it...quit bytching about every little thing. shyt aint all that serious brehs.

interesting, bet you aint say this in the Justice League thread :sas2::sas1:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
What an awful trailer.

Not because the stuff in it looks bad. The central conflict looks pretty good actually. But it looks like they spoiled every beat of the story. I would have preferred to see some of that stuff in the theater, specifically Peter being stripped of the suit Tony made after the boat incident. The first trailer made me think the boat thing would be a heroic moment, but this flat out does away with the red herring and tells me the boat thing is going to be a "I fukked up moment". Think that could have been a good surprise.

I swear the best trailers are the ones that tease with excellent visuals and out of context set pieces but hide enough of the story/character beats that you come away intrigued and compelled to find out what's gonna happen. This didn't do that imo, it took away all mystery, and just laid out the entire film in 2 minute form. I don't expect they saved any set piece or big character moment for the film that hasn't already been put in the trailer. Oh well.

It looks like a good movie though which I was concerned about after seeing the first trailer.
This is a valid criticism. Trailers are not meant to give away entire story arcs. That's frustrating.

Remember the Dark Knight? We knew nothing about the plot going on then Joker would be on some fukkery and Harvey Dent would fall. That's it.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I will say this. Before the first trailer even dropped, marketing made a big deal about this being a high school film, essentially Peter Parker in The Breakfast Club. They hyped the diverse high school cast and said they would be integral to Peter's story. It led me to believe it will be a huge chunk of the movie, Peter dealing with high school. And so far, very little of that has made its way into the trailers. So fortunately all of the fun high school stuff should still be fresh whenever the movie actually drops.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
:mjlol:

That would be the dumbest shyt they could do - the main reason people are hype for this new flick is because Spidey gets to be a part of the MCU franchise based on 10 mins in Civil War and Tony Stark all up in the videos. It's general consensus that this is gonna do a billy because of the Disney rub and it would be highly incompetent for Sony to walk away from that.

After Spidey goes ham in Infinity War you think people are wanna go back to seeing shyt like this again?

1445034476130.jpg

They can keep that shyt:hhh:

Only way this relationship ends is if Disney stops seeing the value in it because Disney and Marvel are gonna be raking it in with or without Spiderman while Spiderman needs Disney. Nikkas so blinded by their hate they're just saying anything :russ:

Spider Man 1: $821.1 million
Spider Man 2: $783.8 million
Spider Man 3: $890.9 million

Amazing Spider Man 1: $757.9 million
Amazing Spider Man 2: $709 million

See how STUPID your dikkeating marfooL self sounds, sony NEEDS what ???

Their franchise done cashed in almost 4 billi and your dumbass saying they need marvel..

you marfooL clowns make me laugh... for realm ya'll sheep been brainwashed to thinking anything disney = greatness, like use your brain and stop being a little hoe.

Sony created THE BEST Spider Man flick ever which is a general consensus, hollan NOT topping that, unless you dikkeaters, dikk eat your way into convincing people it is...

get over yourself and be humble... dikkhead

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Spider Man 1: $821.1 million
Spider Man 2: $783.8 million
Spider Man 3: $890.9 million

Amazing Spider Man 1: $757.9 million
Amazing Spider Man 2: $709 million

See how STUPID your dikkeating marfooL self sounds, sony NEEDS what ???

Their franchise done cashed in almost 4 billi and your dumbass saying they need marvel..

you marfooL clowns make me laugh... for realm ya'll sheep been brainwashed to thinking anything disney = greatness, like use your brain and stop being a little hoe.

Sony created THE BEST Spider Man flick ever which is a general consensus, hollan NOT topping that, unless you dikkeaters, dikk eat your way into convincing people it is...

get over yourself and be humble... dikkhead

Your own post shows the downward trend for what is arguably one of the most popular comic book heroes in the world. Amazing Spider-Man 2 made almost $200 million less than Spider-Man 3. Even Guardians of the Galaxy and The Winter Solider grossed more than Amazing Spider-Man 2 which was supposed to spearhead a Spidey universe. The Sony-only Spider-Man franchise was falling behind the pack and needed something (whether the MCU or a new visionary direction) to regain some momentum.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Your own post shows the downward trend for what is arguably one of the most popular comic book heroes in the world. Amazing Spider-Man 2 made almost $200 million less than Spider-Man 3. Even Guardians of the Galaxy and The Winter Solider grossed more than Amazing Spider-Man 2 which was supposed to spearhead a Spidey universe. The Sony-only Spider-Man franchise was falling behind the pack and needed something (whether the MCU or a new visionary direction) to regain some momentum.

Yeah that was the issue when it boiled down to it. Amazing 1 got more bang for their buck because it was the cheapest but amazing 2, after spider man 3, is the most expensive and it was just the law of diminishing returns at the bank. That's the main reason they did what they did aside from creatively needing to get Avi Arad out of the seat for a while. That's not to say the man doesn't have any good ideas but its like a coach who's been in charge of a team for too long. Eventually people can tune them out or the game passes them by and its time to move on. He's been dealing with spider man since the late 80s and for anything to flourish, you need an infusion of new blood. Letting Feige get a crack at steering the ship is a good idea just in terms of giving it a new voice behind the scenes. Hopefully Jon Watts is the right guy with the right vision also. Amazing 1 is still my favorite spider man film because it feels the most intimate and most personal but I get it wasn't everyones cup of tea. Cool. I'm all for more spider man every single time so bring it on.