Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah i know its just im assuming cap will stick around there

HE is convinced he's nothing without the suit. Doesn't mean he is nothing. Lord have mercy. Do you cats read spider man comics at all or just spouting shyt? Because Peter feeling no self confidence or feeling like augmentations in his suit help him be better at his job or that he needs a certain edge to fight someone only to realize he doesn't, is, once again, a freaking staple of every spider man story since the 60s

His self esteem has never been THAT low, especially after he was bitten by the spider. He's struggled with thinking he's made the wrong decision, thinking he wasn't doing enough, continually struggled with survivors guilt. Can't recall any time he thought he was NOTHING without a gadget of some sort. When he lost his Spider-Sense a few years back he questioned if he'd be able to beat that villain but never though he was straight up NOTING without his Spidey Sense, he just made his own bulletproof armor.

It doesn't make sense for HIM to think he's nothing without Tony's suit, considering he was already out there saving people and doing epic shyt BEFORE Tony gave him the suit.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Is there a membership fee for the Disney cult?

I mean,you're pointing out a bad villain like the MCU isn't littered with them.
Breh fukk the villain - I'm pointing out that it would be incredibly stupid for Sony to give the franchise a boost and turn over stupid amounts of money by aligning themselves with a team with a winning formula to then go back to the shyt show they had previously going on. Once the general audience get a taste of Spidey fukking shyt up with the Avengers they're going to expect that as the standard. Die Hard Spidey fans will still fukk with it but the average consumer won't have it. You think people are mentioning Spidey and a billy in the same breath without the MCU connection? If you say yes then you're lying to yourself. All Sony cares about is the money which is why this deal is happening cause they're seeing characters like Ironman and Captain America leave Spidey for dust in the box office. Ironman, Captain America and likely the Guardians will get to a billy before Spiderman. That shouldn't be happening which ever way you cut it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
His self esteem has never been THAT low, especially after he was bitten by the spider. He's struggled with thinking he's made the wrong decision, thinking he wasn't doing enough, continually struggled with survivors guilt. Can't recall any time he thought he was NOTHING without a gadget of some sort. When he lost his Spider-Sense a few years back he questioned if he'd be able to beat that villain but never though he was straight up NOTING without his Spidey Sense, he just made his own bulletproof armor.

It doesn't make sense for HIM to think he's nothing without Tony's suit, considering he was already out there saving people and doing epic shyt BEFORE Tony gave him the suit.

With the symbiotie, he felt like he was nothing without it because of the extra power and how efficient it made his job and how much easier it made his job. With the extra suits he started making before Parker Industries became a thing, he felt like losing that job and losing the ability to use those suits would make him less effective and he depended more on the tech and less on his own skills.

Let's also remember that this spider man has never fought something like the vulture before. He's fought petty thieves and saved busses etc but never the vulture and he needs the confidence to know he can take care of something that normally the avengers would take care of. Plus, again, he's 15. 15 year old Peter has self confidence issues that he grows out of eventually but he struggles with it for a while while in high school. He doesn't really get out of it until college

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Breh fukk the villain - I'm pointing out that it would be incredibly stupid for Sony to give the franchise a boost and turn over stupid amounts of money by aligning themselves with a team with a winning formula to then go back to the shyt show they had previously going on. Once the general audience get a taste of Spidey fukking shyt up with the Avengers they're going to expect that as the standard. Die Hard Spidey fans will still fukk with it but the average consumer won't have it. You think people are mentioning Spidey and a billy in the same breath without the MCU connection? If you say yes then you're lying to yourself. All Sony cares about is the money which is why this deal is happening cause they're seeing characters like Ironman and Captain America leave Spidey for dust in the box office. Ironman, Captain America and likely the Guardians will get to a billy before Spiderman. That shouldn't be happening which ever way you cut it.
None of us know what the future holds.

Sony has a new head since this deal was struck up.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HE is convinced he's nothing without the suit. Doesn't mean he is nothing. Lord have mercy. Do you cats read spider man comics at all or just spouting shyt? Because Peter feeling no self confidence or feeling like augmentations in his suit help him be better at his job or that he needs a certain edge to fight someone only to realize he doesn't, is, once again, a freaking staple of every spider man story since the 60s

No these clowns don't read the comics, you can tell who are the real comic fans and who are the noobs

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the symbiotie, he felt like he was nothing without it because of the extra power and how efficient it made his job and how much easier it made his job.

I'll have to go back and read that becasue I don't recall him thinking he was straight up "nothing" without the Symbiote.

With the extra suits he started making before Parker Industries became a thing, he felt like losing that job and losing the ability to use those suits would make him less effective and he depended more on the tech and less on his own skills.

Let's also remember that this spider man has never fought something like the vulture before. He's fought petty thieves and saved busses etc but never the vulture and he needs the confidence to know he can take care of something that normally the avengers would take care of. Plus, again, he's 15. 15 year old Peter has self confidence issues that he grows out of eventually but he struggles with it for a while while in high school. He doesn't really get out of it until college

There's a difference between him saying "I can't beat this guy without the suit" and "I'm Nothing without the suit". I already said I could see him not being as confident without certain thing, the issue I have is him saying he's "NOTHING", I also said I needed to see the proper context to really know what it's about, it's just that in the trailer we've seen it doesn't sit right with me.

As for Peter's confidence in the comics it was boosted as soon as he got the Spider powers. In fact Peter became downright arrogant up until his uncle Ben died. After that his confidence didn't take a hit so much as he developed survivors guilt. He was constantly talking about with great power comes great responsibility, so he rarely if ever lacked confidence in his abilities.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'll have to go back and read that becasue I don't recall him thinking he was straight up "nothing" without the Symbiote.

There's a difference between him saying "I can't beat this guy without the suit" and "I'm Nothing without the suit". I already said I could see him not being as confident without certain thing, the issue I have is him saying he's "NOTHING", I also said I needed to see the proper context to really know what it's about, it's just that in the trailer we've seen it doesn't sit right with me.

As for Peter's confidence in the comics it was boosted as soon as he got the Spider powers. In fact Peter became downright arrogant up until his uncle Ben died. After that his confidence didn't take a hit so much as he developed survivors guilt. He was constantly talking about with great power comes great responsibility, so he rarely if ever lacked confidence in his abilities.

But you're acting like he never ever had issues in confidence on whether he'd able to beat someone or whether he was good enough to handle a threat. There's a point to the story. Peter growing into a man and growing into being spider man and realizing he's just as powerful as any avenger

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But you're acting like he never ever had issues in confidence on whether he'd able to beat someone or whether he was good enough to handle a threat. There's a point to the story. Peter growing into a man and growing into being spider man and realizing he's just as powerful as any avenger

No I'm not, in fact I was pretty clear in saying that my issue was with him saying he was "NOTHING" not the idea of him lacking some confidence without the suit:

I think the same themes could have been gotten across by having him say "I Can't beat him without the suit", it gets across the same themes you're talking about without ignoring the fact that Peter can literally throw cars at people.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that's something he needs to learn homie. That the suit doesn't make the man. That he makes the suit. Pete isn't perfect nor is he always on point.

Dawg, I'm not saying he's gotta be perfect or that he needs to be a fully formed Spider-Man currently in the omics.

My issue is literally just with how it's worded (and I've already said i don't have full context so that might not end up being a big deal anyway). Like I said there's a difference between saying "I'm nothing without the suit" and "I can't beat Vulture without the suit".

Peter was Spider-Man BEFORE getting Tony's suit, so he knows he's not "nothing" without it, him not being confident he can beat Vulture without the suit makes sense. Obviously the suit gives him an edge, but he still capable of throwing cars and able to stick to walls without the suit. Nothing implies that without the suit he's just some guy with no powers or anything. That's why I said Thematically they could have done with the same thing by just having him say "I can't be Vulture without the suit", "I need to suit to give me an edge", "I can't win without the suit", or a number other lines that could have been there instead of "I'm nothing without the suit".

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dawg, I'm not saying he's gotta be perfect or that he needs to be a fully formed Spider-Man currently in the omics.

My issue is literally just with how it's worded (and I've already said i don't have full context so that might not end up being a big deal anyway). Like I said there's a difference between saying "I'm nothing without the suit" and "I can't beat Vulture without the suit".

Peter was Spider-Man BEFORE getting Tony's suit, so he knows he's not "nothing" without it, him not being confident he can beat Vulture without the suit makes sense. Obviously the suit gives him an edge, but he still capable of throwing cars and able to stick to walls without the suit. Nothing implies that without the suit he's just some guy with no powers or anything. That's why I said Thematically they could have done with the same thing by just having him say "I can't be Vulture without the suit", "I need to suit to give me an edge", "I can't win without the suit", or a number other lines that could have been there instead of "I'm nothing without the suit".

Okay well that's your issue. I guess I see where you're coming from but it doesn't bother me because I've seen Peter say worse and feel bad about himself plenty of times. As long as it's within character, which it is, shyt doesn't bother me.