Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why was Feige so pressed to remake the Spidey 2 train scene? Just with a boat now?
They did almost the same thing in asm 2 as well with the power cables in the electro fight.

It's a trope from the comics since amazing 33. Everyone just keeps finding different ways to show his strength and the web thing is part of it

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved the trailer !! And glad that they gonna address Tony's influence and Peter realizing that he's a hero because how he's willing to fight no matter the odds and risk his life for everyone with nothing expected. @MartyMcFly what's your verdict

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Loved the trailer !! And glad that they gonna address Tony's influence and Peter realizing that he's a hero because how he's willing to fight no matter the odds and risk his life for everyone with nothing expected. @MartyMcFly what's your verdict

I said it in here somewhere breh. Basically what you said

Jards

All Star
Daps
It's actually incredibly smart and shrewd.

If it happens.

Marvel makes no money off this film. Nor the sequel. Not in the traditional sense anyway.

They get the Disney rub let them play with the character while at the same time building a spider man universe (venom etc) then just take the character and put him in that universe and leave marvel holding their dikk.

That would be pretty genius.

:mjlol:

That would be the dumbest shyt they could do - the main reason people are hype for this new flick is because Spidey gets to be a part of the MCU franchise based on 10 mins in Civil War and Tony Stark all up in the videos. It's general consensus that this is gonna do a billy because of the Disney rub and it would be highly incompetent for Sony to walk away from that.

After Spidey goes ham in Infinity War you think people are wanna go back to seeing shyt like this again?

1445034476130.jpg

They can keep that shyt:hhh:

Only way this relationship ends is if Disney stops seeing the value in it because Disney and Marvel are gonna be raking it in with or without Spiderman while Spiderman needs Disney. Nikkas so blinded by their hate they're just saying anything :russ:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:mjlol:

That would be the dumbest shyt they could do - the main reason people are hype for this new flick is because Spidey gets to be a part of the MCU franchise based on 10 mins in Civil War and Tony Stark all up in the videos. It's general consensus that this is gonna do a billy because of the Disney rub and it would be highly incompetent for Sony to walk away from that.

After Spidey goes ham in Infinity War you think people are wanna go back to seeing shyt like this again?

1445034476130.jpg

They can keep that shyt:hhh:

Only way this relationship ends is if Disney stops seeing the value in it because Disney and Marvel are gonna be raking it in with or without Spiderman while Spiderman needs Disney. Nikkas so blinded by their hate they're just saying anything :russ:
Is there a membership fee for the Disney cult?

I mean,you're pointing out a bad villain like the MCU isn't littered with them.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ONLY problem I had with this trailer was the line where Peter says he's nothing with the suit. All the suit does (that we've seen so far) is make things more convenient for Peter. Without the suit Peter still has superhuman strength agility, and spider-senses. He was actively saving people BEFORE Stark came along.

Everything else was good, I'm not super hyped about this movie. It's Spider-Man doing whatever a spider can.

Iron Man, the lead proponant of the Sokovia Accords, showing up to convince Spider-Man to cut the shyt, especially after Civil War makes perfect sense.

Yeah, but it also makes it seem that much more bizarre that he would have involved him in situation during Civil War. There was literally NO reason for Stark to bring Peter to that airport.

I've seen people argue that Stark needed Peter's webbing to get Cap's SHIELD, but Stark could have just easily made a magnet to get a hold of Cap's shield.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Yeah, but it also makes it seem that much more bizarre that he would have involved him in situation during Civil War. There was literally NO reason for Stark to bring Peter to that airport.

I've seen people argue that Stark needed Peter's webbing to get Cap's SHIELD, but Stark could have just easily made a magnet to get a hold of Cap's shield.
He was desperate for another player on his team :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The ONLY problem I had with this trailer was the line where Peter says he's nothing with the suit. All the suit does (that we've seen so far) is make things more convenient for Peter. Without the suit Peter still has superhuman strength agility, and spider-senses. He was actively saving people BEFORE Stark came along.

Everything else was good, I'm not super hyped about this movie. It's Spider-Man doing whatever a spider can.

That's a thematic element breh. It's about Pete looking up to Tony (and adult superheroes in general) and wanting to be on their level and feels like he's not without some special augmentation. He can handle petty thieves and crooks with his homemade stuff but the suit allows him to do more, at least in his mind. Remember, he's only 15 and like any 15 year old, he has confidence issues. This is a way to turn that normal teenage angst and maturation into something fit for a superhero comic book. Just using his whole thing about being nothing without the suit as a metaphor. Plus I'm pretty sure the suit does A LOT more than we're seeing right now

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black panther is harboring captain and the others remember the end of civil war:francis:

No he's not.

Go back and rewatch the scene and pay close attention to the dialog. The ONLY person in Wakanda is Bucky and that's only because T'Challa felt bad for trying to execute him for a crime he didn't commit.

Black Panther doesn't need Captain America or the other Avengers taking up space in his movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a thematic element breh. It's about Pete looking up to Tony (and adult superheroes in general) and wanting to be on their level and feels like he's not without some special augmentation. He can handle petty thieves and crooks with his homemade stuff but the suit allows him to do more, at least in his mind. Remember, he's only 15 and like any 15 year old, he has confidence issues. This is a way to turn that normal teenage angst and maturation into something fit for a superhero comic book. Just using his whole thing about being nothing without the suit as a metaphor. Plus I'm pretty sure the suit does A LOT more than we're seeing right now

You can have that thematic element without him saying he's "Nothing" without the suit. There may be more to the scene and the suit that we don't see, but I can only go by what we've been shown and that line is the only thing that doesn't sit right with me about the trailer. I think the same themes could have been gotten across by having him say "I Can't beat him without the suit", it gets across the same themes you're talking about without ignoring the fact that Peter can literally throw cars at people.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
No he's not.

Go back and rewatch the scene and pay close attention to the dialog. The ONLY person in Wakanda is Bucky and that's only because T'Challa felt bad for trying to execute him for a crime he didn't commit.

Black Panther doesn't need Captain America or the other Avengers taking up space in his movie.
yeah i know its just im assuming cap will stick around there

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You can have that thematic element without him saying he's "Nothing" without the suit. There may be more to the scene and the suit that we don't see, but I can only go by what we've been shown and that line is the only thing that doesn't sit right with me about the trailer. I think the same themes could have been gotten across by having him say "I Can't beat him without the suit", it gets across the same themes you're talking about without ignoring the fact that Peter can literally throw cars at people.

HE is convinced he's nothing without the suit. Doesn't mean he is nothing. Lord have mercy. Do you cats read spider man comics at all or just spouting shyt? Because Peter feeling no self confidence or feeling like augmentations in his suit help him be better at his job or that he needs a certain edge to fight someone only to realize he doesn't, is, once again, a freaking staple of every spider man story since the 60s