Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel choose from the pool of characters that Sony makes available to them.

If Goblin and Ock were on the table they would have been used.

Instead The MCU gets crumbs like Vulture and Shocker, whilst Sony get Iron Man and presumably other Avengers in future movies.

One big finesse. The trade-off aint worth it. Especially with The Spider-Man franchise being the one that needed The MCU as opposed to the other way.

giphy.gif

proof or stop substituting facts with speculation. there are plenty of justifiable reasons for the villains being used. chief among them: top to bottom, spidey has arguably the greatest lineup of bad guys of any hero in comic book history (batman is the only character who can compete, imo). his c-list bad guys shyt on most major heroes' a-list.

norman. ock. mysterio. venom. carnage. black cat. vulture. kraven. electro (too bad sony fukked that one up). sandman. lizard. chameleon. tombstone. morlun... you could make any of them the focus of a spidey movie and make it work. so why give us green goblin. again. especially after the last shyt show of a movie.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Do you have any other evidence that Ock and goblin aren't available besides the fact they aren't in this movie?

Where u getting this info from?

All you have to do is look at what Marvel have previously done and even what they're currently doing with Black Panther right now.

Then ask yourself why it suddenly changed with Homecoming? A movie about characters they don't even have the rights to.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
All you have to do is look at what Marvel have previously done and even what they're currently doing with Black Panther right now.

Then ask yourself why it suddenly changed with Homecoming? A movie about characters they don't even have the rights to.
So basically your assuming?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
giphy.gif

proof or stop substituting facts with speculation. there are plenty of justifiable reasons for the villains being used. chief among them: top to bottom, spidey has arguably the greatest lineup of bad guys of any hero in comic book history (batman is the only character who can compete, imo). his c-list bad guys shyt on most major heroes' a-list.

norman. ock. mysterio. venom. carnage. black cat. vulture. kraven. electro (too bad sony fukked that one up). sandman. lizard. chameleon. tombstone. morlun... you could make any of them the focus of a spidey movie and make it work. so why give us green goblin. again. especially after the last shyt show of a movie.

The MCU is all about world building and franchise crossovers. Marvel would want to quickly get characters like Norman and Ock into The Universe for that very reason. So that they could integrate them into important plots and movies. Instead they're being saddled with crumbs like Vulture and Tinkerer. Characters who nobody ever wanted to join The MCU. Meanwhile big MCU players like Iron Man and Captain America are being used in a film about Sony characters. Tell me where value in the trade-off for The MCU is?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The MCU is all about world building and franchise crossovers. Marvel would want to quickly get characters like Norman and Ock into The Universe for that very reason. So that they could integrate them into important plots and movies. Instead they're being saddled with crumbs like Vulture and Tinkerer. Characters who nobody ever wanted to join The MCU. Meanwhile big MCU players like Iron Man and Captain America are being used in a film about Sony characters. Tell me where value in the trade-off for The MCU is?

Feige said from jump he wanted villains not used in any previous movies. So just because they're not here doesn't mean the they aren't going to be. He had a specific goal in mind

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Marvel chose which ones they wanted to use man. In future jawns, they'll do the same. The last 2 Spidey series used and were leading to Norman man. To use that shyt for a 3rd time. :dwillhuh:
The Disney cultists are already hedging their bets by making sure everyone knows Sony name is on this.

If the movie is perfect,all hail Disney.

If there's anything wrong it was sony's fault.

You can already see it now.

The infallible church of Disney.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Disney cultists are already hedging their bets by making sure everyone knows Sony name is on this.

If the movie is perfect,all hail Disney.

If there's anything wrong it was sony's fault.

You can already see it now.

The infallible church of Disney.
:russ::deadmanny:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
So basically your assuming?

OK u don't got shyt then

Assuming?

Tell me why The MCU isn't using the big players from Spider-Man when they use the big players for every other hero?.

You've got them throwing Klaw, Kilmonger and Man-Ape into Black Panther movie 1, but Norman aint here because?:what:

Instead of getting stuff like this

iron-man.jpg

Iron-Patriot-Norman-Osborn-e1339323679985.png

2013_09_03_1320.png

We're getting some scaled down side-show nonsense with a wack Vulture.

Don't tell me that's what you thought The Spider-Man franchise would bring to The MCU when the deal was first announced.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think it's way too soon to be having debates about Tom as Peter/spider.

I was rolling my eyes so hard when people were claiming him the best spider man/Peter and him finally done right based on 10 minutes in civil war. The bias was palpable.

Personally,Tobey was fine for the first spider man film.

My problem is he never evolved. He was the same person through 1-3. There was no development. Peter does not remain the same person like that.

Andrew nailed spider man/Peter. But I didn't think he was all that great at high school Peter. He was the opposite of Tobey in that regard.

But he definitely nailed the confidence/intelligence of Peter/spider man as he ages.

We haven't seen enough of Tom yet to make any kind of debate about.

You're judging 5 films against minutes. It's preposterous.

Let's give Tom a few films before labeling him anything.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Looks cool :ehh:

Hollywood pushing :mjpls:relationships heavy

Hopefully Iron man ain't in it too much :upsetfavre:

"I'm nothing without this suit "
Muthersucka you have super powers :wtb:

:russ: like nikka you still can lift a tank, dodge bullets, stick to walls and jump like 4 stories in the air.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

so you have no receipts. got it. thanks.

OyAfizM.gif