Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This makes a lot of sense because half way through I kind of felt like I was seeing the plot laid out and had to turn it off.

:leostare: Sony definitely cut this trailer and they're still as incompetent as ever. At least they didn't have a creative hand in the movie.

But both companies wanted to do everything they could to separate this from the spider man movies before. Which explains the Tony stark presence and laying out certain bears and making vulture look strong (shoutout to TSC)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Well from what I know and I'm cool with a film writer and no I'm not saying who or from what site lol he told me this is a complete marvel production. 100%. They made all of the creative decisions and but how the trailer was cut is a combo of Sony and marvel so there's a push pull there

exactly, that shyt makes no sense. :dahell:

I saw Collider months back that there was this push/pull between Sony/Marvel about how to do the movie.

Marvel wanted to make it like a John Hughes high school film, while Sony wanted to make it a bit similar to other Spiderman movies. They supposedly found a happy medium (I believe McFly just saying what I heard)

So watching the trailer it seemed a bit that way for me. Especially the scene right before Stark comes to save the day. :yeshrug:

Just a trailer though. I'm not going to spend countless posts "hating on it" cause others like it. :hubie::sas1:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Cause Marvel usually puts out great trailers :mjgrin:

Just didn't feel like a full MCU film (which it obviously isn't)

Also I gotta say...For a sec I'm like where is Andrew Garfield instead :francis:

Just my opinion though. Movie could be dope :yeshrug: I didn't think much of Ant-Man's trailers and that was solid.

That would have been dope :ohhh:

Just Iron Man/Spidey vs. Doc Ock/Goblin would have been :banderas:

That's how you know Marvel have been finessed with this deal. Sony gets MCU characters but The MCU doesn't get the big Spider-Man players :gucci:

The same Marvel who threw in Mordo and Dormammu into the first Doctor Strange flick now suddenly wouldn't want to use Norman and/or Doc Ock for a supposed MCU Spider-Man movie :duck:. This shyt's a damn Sony flick. Marvel always uses the big players in movie 1.

Vulture would have been an opening 5 minute villain like Batroc if Marvel had full control and access to all characters.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I saw Collider months back that there was this push/pull between Sony/Marvel about how to do the movie.

Marvel wanted to make it like a John Hughes high school film, while Sony wanted to make it a bit similar to other Spiderman movies. They supposedly found a happy medium (I believe McFly just saying what I heard)

So watching the trailer it seemed a bit that way for me. Especially the scene right before Stark comes to save the day. :yeshrug:

Just a trailer though. I'm not going to spend countless posts "hating on it" cause others like it. :hubie::sas1:

Nah collider was wrong. It's all marvel from the creative end. Only thing Sony has a say in is marketing but again it's shared say

TenChambers

All Star
Daps
But both companies wanted to do everything they could to separate this from the spider man movies before. Which explains the Tony stark presence and laying out certain bears and making vulture look strong (shoutout to TSC)

Oh I'm still hype and I'm definitely fukking with the tone of it all. It actually feels like a for real Spider-Man movie...not too cheesy but not too serious.
But damn this started reminding me of the ASM 2 trailers :wow:whole movie was in them shyts looking back now.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That's how you know Marvel have been finessed with this deal. Sony gets MCU characters but The MCU doesn't get the big Spider-Man players :gucci:

The same Marvel who threw in Mordo and Dormammu into the first Doctor Strange flick now suddenly wouldn't want to use Norman and/or Doc Ock for a supposed MCU Spider-Man movie :duck:. This shyt's a damn Sony flick. Marvel always uses the big players in movie 1.
I can maybe see them being tired of using Norman. But yea would have been nice to see Doc Ock as the villain.

But its Michael Keaton though. So I'm sure he's going to kill it. :ehh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can maybe see them being tired of using Norman. But yea would have been nice to see Doc Ock as the villain.

Yeah I'm not ready to see Norman or ock right now. Not at all. But that's a preference. Maybe Norman as Norman but not as goblin. There are more villains they can pick from which I'd love to see. If they're really trying to make this the street level hero for the films then show me the mob. Show me tombstone and the big man and try to bring in kingpin

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Doc Ock for a supposed MCU Spider-Man movie :duck:. This shyt's a damn Sony flick. Marvel always uses the big players in movie 1.

Vulture would have been an opening 5 minute villain like Batroc if Marvel had full control and access to all characters.

Wrong, See below. Marvel Studios is producing the movie. They have the control. Marketing/Distribution is Sony as they still own the Spidey universe character rights in films.

Nah collider was wrong. It's all marvel from the creative end. Only thing Sony has a say in is marketing but again it's shared say

exactly.

Unless Mickey cuts the check, they ain't getting them rights back. So the best thing is to have an agreement to share the characters, which is what Sony did with Disney.

Fox on the other hand..... they ain't giving up them X-men rights, but the last few X-men movies have been pretty good (except Apolocalypse :francis: ).

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Vulture looks wack and should never be nothing more than an opening villain.

:scust: @ them being forced to treat this bum like he's a problem to Iron Man.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_onj3lyHEwD1uujbcio1_500.gif

tumblr_onj3lyHEwD1uujbcio2_500.gif

Captain America trying to stay hip with a "challenge" :dead:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Wrong, See below. Marvel Studios is producing the movie. They have the control. Marketing/Distribution is Sony as they still own the Spidey universe character rights in films.

exactly.

Unless Mickey cuts the check, they ain't getting them rights back. So the best thing is to have an agreement to share the characters, which is what Sony did with Disney.

Fox on the other hand..... they ain't giving up them X-men rights, but the last few X-men movies have been pretty good (except Apolocalypse :francis: ).

You just proved my point. Sony own the character rights so they can always decide on which characters Marvel can pick from.

They have clearly blocked off access to main players such as Norman and Doc Ock. Otherwise Marvel would have used them in this movie.

Marvel always uses the big players in the movie 1, they've done it for every character they've made a movie about. Red Skull, Loki, Iron Monger, Killmonger, Dormammu, General Ross, Abomination, Ronan all used in movie one.

Yet for this movie they suddenly decide to buck the trend and use Vulture, Shocker and the damn Tinkerer ahead of big players like Norman and Doc Ock :comeon:

Sony are keeping the big players off the table for their unconnected spin-off's.