Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I also seem to be the only one who hates the idea of Toby & Andrew being in a live action spider verse movie with Holland..mad corny

I'm imagining a scene where Tom Holland is rapidly warping through universes and there's a 20 second scene where he lands in the middle of Toby vs Carnage fight (the canned plot of Raimi's SM4)

That would be an :wow: reference

Garfield should be left out, not an iconic Spidey :picard:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm imagining a scene where Tom Holland is rapidly warping through universes and there's a 20 second scene where he lands in the middle of Toby vs Carnage fight (the canned plot of Raimi's SM4)

That would be an :wow: reference

Garfield should be left out, not an iconic Spidey :picard:

I’d be fine with that if it had to happen

Daps
Way over there is where you can go with yours:russ:

I said what I said. He understood both characters infinitely better than Tobey, who played Peter as a perpetual 16 year old revenge of the nerds type who felt more in place in Pleasantville than Queens. And he's given a bit more emotional things to do than Tom has so far, who is easily number 2 and could be number 1
:comeon:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Yo, are you serious? Electro's design was fukking atrocious.
mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:86308

It's hilariously bad.
It wasn't perfect but I liked that design too. He looked better than Dr Manhattan on HBO watchmen and they were going for the same look.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i dont remember there being much to the movie ver of the character. hopefully they flesh him out. as far as looks i guess the effects werent bad. theyll need to do something about that generic xmen suit.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Doc Ock is too important, it's weird that none of Spider-Man's 3 most dangerous characters in his rogue gallery are in the MCU. Goblin, Venom or Doc haven't been planted into the movies at all. They could atleast show a shot of Oscorp or have an Eddie Brock/Octavious mention.

When Disney got their hands on Spidey Feige came out and said they planned on using villains that Sony hadn't used yet to make it seem more fresh.

I feel like we won’t be getting an MCU Doc-oc or Green Goblin anymore, we’ll get another Sony version of each at some point tho :francis:

y’all just know they had these guys mapped out and ready to start planting seeds from SM3 onwards before the deal fallout tho

Last edited:
Daps
Yeah, Screamin A, I said what I said. No development in 3 movies, no backbone, no sense of humor, and truly only ever did anything it seems for MJ
No Development? In Spider-Man 1, he goes from being someone who only wanted Mary Jane to someone who has the maturity to say no to everything he wanted because it was the responsible thing to do after he witness what could happen if his enemies ever finds out about his secret identity. Spider-Man 2 was about him learning to sacrifice his happiness to protect the city and to fully embrace being Spider-Man no matter how hard his life is. Spider-Man 3, he develops an ego and alot of pride when things finally start going good for him.

No Backbone? He stood up for himself when Jameson was willing to give a new employee (Eddie Brock) a staff job after one Spider-Man photo, he basically told an officer to fukk off when the officer wanted him to move the car (he took from the criminals) away from the theater. Not sure where this no backbone complaint comes from. Unless you're talking about scenes such as Harry slapping him at the party which still doesn't make sense considering we all know what Peter is capable of.
Mary Jane being angry at him in Spider-Man 2 was his OWN doing. That doesn't make him a coward either.

Sense of Humor? He quips when the time calls for it. Doesn't help that a majority of the action scenes in Maguire's films are tense moments where someone's life is at risk which is when Spider-Man usually gets serious. Spider-Man is not supposed to quip and play around with bad guys while they are putting civilians lives at risk like Garfield does in the beginning of TASM2. Tom Holland's Spider-Man quips even less with his villains than Maguire does (and Vulture and Mysterio are villains Spider-Man always bantered with).

You bring up Revenge of the Nerds regarding Tobey but that basketball scene in TASM1 with Flash was more Revenge of the Nerds than anything Maguire did.

Last edited: