Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No Development? In Spider-Man 1, he goes from being someone who only wanted Mary Jane to someone who has the maturity to say no to everything he wanted because it was the responsible thing to do after he witness what could happen if his enemies ever finds out about his secret identity. Spider-Man 2 was about him learning to sacrifice his happiness to protect the city and to fully embrace being Spider-Man no matter how hard his life is. Spider-Man 3, he develops an ego and alot of pride when things finally start going good for him.

No Backbone? He stood up for himself when Jameson was willing to give a new employee (Eddie Brock) a staff job after one Spider-Man photo, he basically told an officer to fukk off when the officer wanted him to move the car (he took from the criminals) away from the theater. Not sure where this no backbone complaint comes from. Unless you're talking about scenes such as Harry slapping him at the party which still doesn't make sense considering we all know what Peter is capable of.
Mary Jane being angry at him in Spider-Man 2 was his OWN doing. That doesn't make him a coward either.

Sense of Humor? He quips when the time calls for it. Doesn't help that a majority of the action scenes in Maguire's films are tense moments where someone's life is at risk which is when Spider-Man usually gets serious. Spider-Man is not supposed to quip and play around with bad guys while they are putting civilians lives at risk like Garfield does in the beginning of TASM2. Tom Holland's Spider-Man quips even less with his villains than Maguire does (and Vulture and Mysterio are villains Spider-Man always bantered with).

You bring up Revenge of the Nerds regarding Tobey but that basketball scene in TASM1 with Flash was more Revenge of the Nerds than anything Maguire did.

No development as in playing the character the same way through three movies. There’s no difference between his Peter at the end of Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2. And barely in three. he plays him as a constant 16 year old who never grows out of being doe eyed and quiet. Speaking up every now and then isn’t how Peter roles. Once he gets bitten and becomes Spider-Man, he gains more confidence. He talks more. He stands up to Jameson more rather than sounding scared just to ask for a raise. He gives as good as he gets all the time. Whether in costume or out of costume.

Spider-Man DOES quip when bad guys are putting peoples lives in danger. I just read the latest issue of Spider-Man and he’s still cracking jokes. It’s his way to distract and keep the enemy distracted and save lives. It’s his other super power. “Here’s your change” isn’t registering with me on that. Spider-Man’s gift is his sense of humor. To ignore that or use it sparingly when he’s a chatterbox who doesn’t shut up is weird. Whether it’s his life on the line or a train full of people, talking is his thing. It’s a defense mechanism too specifically for those tense moments you speak of

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Looking like a homeless crackhead :mjlol:

He did say in the caption of this post below "And I won't be blue in this one!!"

Holland in that tweet is exactly how he'll be looking when he sees two other Spideys :mjlol:

Absolute MADNESS :mjlit:Let's make it happen. :blessed:

3enly7.jpg

Daps
No development as in playing the character the same way through three movies. There’s no difference between his Peter at the end of Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2. And barely in three. he plays him as a constant 16 year old who never grows out of being doe eyed and quiet. Speaking up every now and then isn’t how Peter roles. Once he gets bitten and becomes Spider-Man, he gains more confidence. He talks more. He stands up to Jameson more rather than sounding scared just to ask for a raise. He gives as good as he gets all the time. Whether in costume or out of costume.

Scared and Quiet? Maguire always stood up to Jameson every time Jameson tries to low ball him for his photos. He snapped back at Jameson when he tried to make it seem like Spider-Man was terrorizing the Unity Festival. Could've sworn he got snappy at the wrestling promoter for scamming him out his money and using his own words against him after he lets the criminal who robs him go. No way in hell would pre-Spider Bite Peter had done that. He gains the confidence to talk to Mary Jane more after he gets the spider bite as the movie progresses. It's only awkward in Spider-Man 2 because he's obviously holding back. Maguire's Peter uses the words and lessons that he learned from earlier in the movie to get through Doc Ock in order for him to come to his senses as opposed to him just using his fists to defeat him. He tries the same thing with Eddie in Spider-Man 3 but Eddie is too far gone at that point. So again, he's not all that quiet either.

Spider-Man DOES quip when bad guys are putting peoples lives in danger. I just read the latest issue of Spider-Man and he’s still cracking jokes. It’s his way to distract and keep the enemy distracted and save lives. It’s his other super power. “Here’s your change” isn’t registering with me on that. Spider-Man’s gift is his sense of humor. To ignore that or use it sparingly when he’s a chatterbox who doesn’t shut up is weird. Whether it’s his life on the line or a train full of people, talking is his thing. It’s a defense mechanism too specifically for those tense moments you speak of

Garfield wasn't doing that. In fact his quipping and toying around with Aleksei (Rhino) instead of him just simply knocking him out as soon as he reached the driver side window (or webbing up his truck engine) did more harm than good because it caused Aleksei to not only smash through several police cars but also civilian cars as well. Which is my point. Garfield wasn't that much of a chatterbox in his tense moments (the sewer scene with Lizard, final battle with Lizard, nor was he with Goblin in TASM2) and neither was Holland with Vulture or Mysterio (I don't even think Holland even said a single quip in Far From Home) but yet you're criticizing Tobey? I don't get it and it's not like Tobey doesn't have quips and witty remarks, he does.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Scared and Quiet? Maguire always stood up to Jameson every time Jameson tries to low ball him for his photos. He snapped back at Jameson when he tried to make it seem like Spider-Man was terrorizing the Unity Festival. Could've sworn he got snappy at the wrestling promoter for scamming him out his money and using his own words against him after he lets the criminal who robs him go. No way in hell would pre-Spider Bite Peter had done that. He gains the confidence to talk to Mary Jane more after he gets the spider bite as the movie progresses. It's only awkward in Spider-Man 2 because he's obviously holding back. Maguire's Peter uses the words and lessons that he learned from earlier in the movie to get through Doc Ock in order for him to come to his senses as opposed to him just using his fists to defeat him. He tries the same thing with Eddie in Spider-Man 3 but Eddie is too far gone at that point. So again, he's not all that quiet either.

I don’t see that that way at all. He didn’t get snappy with the promoter. Just the
Peter selfishness that happened there and resulted in Ben’s death. That’s expected because that’s part of that arc.

And I’m not talking about his confidence in pursuing MJ in Spider-Man 2 because obviously, to your point, he won’t and he can’t. But when he does these things your speaking on, like with Jameson, he’s timid or meek while doing them. That’s not backbone to me because Peter isn’t timid. That goes again to my point of him constantly playing Peter as if he’s still 16 years old. In fact, the only movie where he seems to have that is the beginning of Spider-Man 3 and the movie makes it clear it’s because he’s feeling himself too much and knocks him down the ladder.

i don’t believe Peter not being timid, as he was with his landlord in Spider-Man 2, is about him feeling himself too much or a bad thing as that movie says.

Garfield wasn't doing that. In fact his quipping and toying around with Aleksei (Rhino) instead of him just simply knocking him out as soon as he reached the driver side window (or webbing up his truck engine) did more harm than good because it caused Aleksei to not only smash through several police cars but also civilian cars as well. Which is my point. Garfield wasn't that much of a chatterbox in his tense moments (the sewer scene with Lizard, final battle with Lizard, nor was he with Goblin in TASM2) and neither was Holland with Vulture or Mysterio (I don't even think Holland even said a single quip in Far From Home) but yet you're criticizing Tobey? I don't get it and it's not like Tobey doesn't have quips and witty remarks, he does.

They both talk in costume a whole lot more than tobey. Andrew with the car thief, Tom in the airport scene in civil war, Andrew fighting the lizard in the school, Tom fighting vulture on the airplane or stopping the bank robbery, Andrew fighting aleksi in the beginning of amazing 2, fighting electro at the end of amazing 2, even at the end fighting him as the rhino. That’s already a whole hell of a lot than one scene with the goblin in Jameson’s office, one scene with ock at the bank, and one scene with sandman in the back of a truck.

And I think you’re right about Far From Home and I would contend there’s nobody to talk to. For most of the movie he thinks he’s fighting monsters (who don’t speak English or any language other than monster) and then when fighting mysterio, it’s always a question of who’s real and who isn’t. But his sense of humor is never lacking in the movie. His interactions with fury, beck pre heel turn, MJ, aunt may, happy, etc peters sense of humor is still there

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Can't expand the multiverse without him:pachaha:Calling it now Spideys being sent away either by accident or on purpose to Sony verse :pachaha:
If we get a glimpse into the Spider-Verse, I hope it's the length of the Mysterio illusion sequence in FFH if not a bit longer. I'd welcome the possible cameos, but I don't know if I'm ready for a full fledged live-action film that revolves around it yet. Especially with Multiverse of Madness around the corner.