Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Daps
They both talk in costume a whole lot more than tobey. Andrew with the car thief, Tom in the airport scene in civil war, Andrew fighting the lizard in the school, Tom fighting vulture on the airplane or stopping the bank robbery, Andrew fighting aleksi in the beginning of amazing 2, fighting electro at the end of amazing 2, even at the end fighting him as the rhino. That’s already a whole hell of a lot than one scene with the goblin in Jameson’s office, one scene with ock at the bank, and one scene with sandman in the back of a truck.

And I think you’re right about Far From Home and I would contend there’s nobody to talk to. For most of the movie he thinks he’s fighting monsters (who don’t speak English or any language other than monster) and then when fighting mysterio, it’s always a question of who’s real and who isn’t. But his sense of humor is never lacking in the movie. His interactions with fury, beck pre heel turn, MJ, aunt may, happy, etc peters sense of humor is still there

The ONLY time Tom said anything remotely wisecracking to Vulture was when Vulture was trying to rob that truck, he didn't say anything wisecracking to Vulture on the Ferry Boat, the Camouflage Plane, nor Coney Island. I never denied that they talk more than Tobey, my point is that Tom and Andrew had more Spider-Man scenes that gave them leeway to crack jokes and be witty but when their action set pieces are more serious, they don't say anything at all (just like Tobey). The big difference between them and Tobey is that 95% of Tobey's action scenes were those exact moments that didn't allow for Garfield and Tom to be chatterboxes when they had them in their movies.

You mention those three Tobey scenes but you forget about the Bonesaw Scene, the scene with Goblin in the burning building, and the second fight with Harry. There are scenes that showcases Tobey's sense of humor. The scene where he discovers his powers, the Elevator scene in Spider-Man 2 (Theatrical Version), the scene with Mary Jane after he saves her at Festival, after he saves her a second time, the Key to the City parade in Spider-Man 3, etc so he has his moments.

I don’t see that that way at all. He didn’t get snappy with the promoter. Just the
Peter selfishness that happened there and resulted in Ben’s death. That’s expected because that’s part of that arc.

I don't see that as Peter being selfish. I saw that as Peter finally standing up for himself and deciding not to take anybody's shyt anymore (after we see him get bullied, the bus driver intentionally leaving him behind, and nobody on the bus sharing their seat with him) so he lets the robber go after the promoter scams him out of his money. Little did he know he would end up regretting it later on. In the comics, he lets the thief go for no reason at all other then it's not his job.

And I’m not talking about his confidence in pursuing MJ in Spider-Man 2 because obviously, to your point, he won’t and he can’t. But when he does these things your speaking on, like with Jameson, he’s timid or meek while doing them. That’s not backbone to me because Peter isn’t timid. That goes again to my point of him constantly playing Peter as if he’s still 16 years old. In fact, the only movie where he seems to have that is the beginning of Spider-Man 3 and the movie makes it clear it’s because he’s feeling himself too much and knocks him down the ladder.

He's not scared of Jameson. In the beginning of Spider-Man 2, he literally tries to sell Jameson non Spider-Man photos because he was tired of Jameson slandering his name. He eventually shows a Spider-Man one because he's desperate for money (due to him getting fired from his pizza delivery job). Jameson offers him 150 and he tells Jameson 300 without hesitation. If Peter had no backbone, he would've just took the $150 and he definitely wouldn't have even attempt to sell Jameson those non-Spider-Man photos. He also would've let Eddie get the staff job without a fight. Continued to let Aunt May blame herself for Uncle Ben's death instead of coming clean.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The ONLY time Tom said anything remotely wisecracking to Vulture was when Vulture was trying to rob that truck, he didn't say anything wisecracking to Vulture on the Ferry Boat, the Camouflage Plane, nor Coney Island. I never denied that they talk more than Tobey, my point is that Tom and Andrew had more Spider-Man scenes that gave them leeway to crack jokes and be witty but when their action set pieces are more serious, they don't say anything at all (just like Tobey). The big difference between them and Tobey is that 95% of Tobey's action scenes were those exact moments that didn't allow for Garfield and Tom to be chatterboxes when they had them in their movies.

You mention those three Tobey scenes but you forget about the Bonesaw Scene, the scene with Goblin in the burning building, and the second fight with Harry. There are scenes that showcases Tobey's sense of humor. The scene where he discovers his powers, the Elevator scene in Spider-Man 2 (Theatrical Version), the scene with Mary Jane after he saves her at Festival, after he saves her a second time, the Key to the City parade in Spider-Man 3, etc so he has his moments.
Not forgetting those scenes at all. Whatever sense of humor there was in those scenes barely register for me because they don’t feel like Peter for me. They feel like what someone believes Peter is without actually knowing the character.

I don't see that as Peter being selfish. I saw that as Peter finally standing up for himself and deciding not to take anybody's shyt anymore (after we see him get bullied, the bus driver intentionally leaving him behind, and nobody on the bus sharing their seat with him) so he lets the robber go after the promoter scams him out of his money. Little did he know he would end up regretting it later on. In the comics, he lets the thief go for no reason at all other then it's not his job.

And we disagree there. Peter being selfish is what causes the entire chain of events that makes him Spider-Man. He had a chance to stop a crime. He didn’t because he was angry and wanted to get back at someone and was thinking about himself. That’s selfish. He realizes that and grows from it. that’s the point of the character and why he becomes selfless to a fault

He's not scared of Jameson. In the beginning of Spider-Man 2, he literally tries to sell Jameson non Spider-Man photos because he was tired of Jameson slandering his name. He eventually shows a Spider-Man one because he's desperate for money (due to him getting fired from his pizza delivery job). Jameson offers him 150 and he tells Jameson 300 without hesitation. If Peter had no backbone, he would've just took the $150 and he definitely wouldn't have even attempt to sell Jameson those non-Spider-Man photos. He also would've let Eddie get the staff job without a fight. Continued to let Aunt May blame herself for Uncle Ben's death instead of coming clean.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Nah I get that, its the mentoring part I have a problem with.
Yea I admit I hit the:mjtf:when I first saw that. This is fukking Spider-Man he's his own person who solves shyt himself. If Strange gives this dude a spell book or type if suit:martin:If all of a sudden Sin Eater or Smythe has a magical origin :martin:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I admit I hit the:mjtf:when I first saw that. This is fukking Spider-Man he's his own person who solves shyt himself. If Strange gives this dude a spell book or type if suit:martin:If all of a sudden Sin Eater or Smythe has a magical origin :martin:
Yup they’re going really far with this “young hero needs a mentor” thing. Let him fly on his own

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Sony Promises First Look at Spider-Man 3 in 2020 - Murphy's Multiverse -

These past 2 days, ExpoCine held its annual convention in virtual form. ExpoCine is the largest event in Latin America regarding the cinematographic industry, where movie companies from around the world exhibit their upcoming lineups to multiple film exhibitors from Brazil and worldwide. The biggest names at the event were Walt Disney Studios, Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, Universal, Netflix, and more.

EXPOCINE-BANNER-LEPOP-copy.jpg

I was able to attend and listen to the conferences from these major companies and was treated to some nice goodies. But the biggest heavy hitter of the day was definitely Sony Pictures, who treated attendees to first looks and behind the scenes footage for the upcoming Monster Hunter film, along with some updates on Connected, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Hotel Transylvania 4, and more.

The most important update for me was the upcoming ‘Spider-Man 3’ sequel, currently set to release in December 2021. Camila Pacheco, the Executive Marketing Director of Sony Pictures Entertainment in Brazil, (who was wearing a Spider-Man shirt mind you), told attendees that the film had already started production and that we would get our first look at the film THIS DECEMBER 2020. She alternated between the words preview and teaser trailer when discussing the project but the point of the matter is, we should be getting some info on the upcoming Spider-Man 3 film sometime for the holiday season. The film was confirmed to keep its December 16th, 2021 release date and she also stated that the Morbius and Venom: Let There Be Carnage films will still have their March 2021 and June 2021 releases.

giphy.gif

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That's true I remember that. They've done an okay job so far, I thought Mysterio was done poorly but Vulture (and Shocker for that matter) were fine. I do think they should atleast plant them into the movies though, even if it's just a cameo

MYSTERIO WAS GOAT

:devil:
:evil: