Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
First and foremost He was the only one who actual bothered doing a brooklyn accent for a brooklyn character. he not even from america and he managed to correct that mistake the other made :dead:

He also captured the social awkardness of peter parker without too generically nerdy, or unexplainably cool yet still inexplicalbly considered a social outcast.
Plus he was also closer to actual highschool age instead of being a 30 year old freshman. Plus he can physically do stunts like flips and stuff.
I didn't know Pete in highschool was so important to defining the entire character. Wasnt he in college when all the big story arcs were happening to him?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As Spider-Man, not too bad, but as Peter Parker he was trash, whiny, annoying and doesn’t capture how Peter Parker is supposed to act at all, not to mention he looks nothing like how you’d imagine a live action Parker to look

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I didn't know Pete in highschool was so important to defining the entire character. Wasnt he in college when all the big story arcs were happening to him?
Where ever you want to put him is fine, just make him age appropriate. all the films happen to have him in highschool looking like Steve Buscemi.
Doesn't matter to me if they make it about a veteran spiderman in his 30's instead. but they didn't.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Where ever you want to put him is fine, just make him age appropriate. all the films happen to have him in highschool looking like Steve Buscemi.
Doesn't matter to me if they make it about a veteran spiderman in his 30's instead. but they didn't.
Idk hollands parker still hasn't had to deal with the hardships in life that Garfields version had to go through. So it kind of makes him feel incomplete. Granted they're still going to be doing movies with him way past his 3rd movie which gives him time for that stuff to happen. But the character of Peter Parker is constantly being dealt a rough hand in life yet still perseveres in spite of the cruelty of the world. I dont really get that from Tom Holland.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Idk hollands parker still hasn't had to deal with the hardships in life that Garfields version had to go through. So it kind of makes him feel incomplete. Granted they're still going to be doing movies with him way past his 3rd movie which gives him time for that stuff to happen. But the character of Peter Parker is constantly being dealt a rough hand in life yet still perseveres in spite of the cruelty of the world. I dont really get that from Tom Holland.

Dealing with everybody trying to smash your mom/aunt is tough too. I know from experience. My mom 60 now so those days are past, but when i was middle school i couldn't bring no friends around. :francis:,

Them: hey luke lets go over your house and play video games :mjlit::shaq::takedat:

:rudy:nah i'm good

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
First and foremost He was the only one who actual bothered doing a brooklyn accent for a brooklyn character. he not even from america and he managed to correct that mistake the other made :dead:

He also captured the social awkardness of peter parker without too generically nerdy, or unexplainably cool yet still inexplicalbly considered a social outcast.
Plus he was also closer to actual highschool age instead of being a 30 year old freshman. Plus he can physically do stunts like flips and stuff.
First off my nikka, let's get this correct. It's queens, not Brooklyn.

you lost me after that:russ:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
As Spider-Man, not too bad, but as Peter Parker he was trash, whiny, annoying and doesn’t capture how Peter Parker is supposed to act at all, not to mention he looks nothing like how you’d imagine a live action Parker to look
disagree

and to whoever mentioned common consensus? I wipe my ass with it. fukk I care about that for? common sense? Sure I care about that but common consensus? there's plenty of common consensus shyt that a lot of us on a movie website disagree with.

Live ive said before, I can't speak for anyone else but everything I've read of spidey, in ever iteration, from every decade, and the dozens of artists who adapted him during that time, Garfield is the closest. And as @Dr.Omega said, a lot of that has to do with seeing him go through hardship as well. that's not tom's fault, but a big part of Peter, a huge part, is the way he bounces back from hard shyt and keeps going. fiancé dead? keep going. no job no money? Keep going. fail out of school? keep going. best friend's dad making you think your dead parents are back from the dead but they're actually clones designed to fukk with you? keep going.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
disagree

and to whoever mentioned common consensus? I wipe my ass with it. fukk I care about that for? common sense? Sure I care about that but common consensus? there's plenty of common consensus shyt that a lot of us on a movie website disagree with.

Live ive said before, I can't speak for anyone else but everything I've read of spidey, in ever iteration, from every decade, and the dozens of artists who adapted him during that time, Garfield is the closest. And as @Dr.Omega said, a lot of that has to do with seeing him go through hardship as well. that's not tom's fault, but a big part of Peter, a huge part, is the way he bounces back from hard shyt and keeps going. fiancé dead? keep going. no job no money? Keep going. fail out of school? keep going. best friend's dad making you think your dead parents are back from the dead but they're actually clones designed to fukk with you? keep going.

thats more to do with the story/script that’s been written for that character tho is it not? Again you can say my criticism is down to the script he was given too, but regardless I’m saying Garfields acting/character/look is very unlike Peter Parker

Daps
MJ is the worst character in the whole thing, Disney was clearly too scared to make a black Mary Jane so they came with a copout.

Idon't understand why they have so many films with him being under 18, even in the comics he was in high school for less than 30 issues.
All the characters are pretty bad if you ask me. It's not just Michelle. Flash is pretty terrible, I always got the impression that Betty is supposed to be older than Peter but yet they are the same age in these MCU movies. Ned in these movies is NOTHING like Ned Leeds (they had tension in the comics at times because of Betty). Why is Liz older? Because they cast an actress that was damn near 30? I could go on.

Daps

Freshman? None of them were Freshman. Maguire's Peter Parker was an 18 Year Old Senior in Spider-Man 1 and he is in college by the end of the movie. Garfield was a Junior in TASM1, Holland was a Sophomore.

Holland is approaching the same age Maguire was 20 Years Ago when they were filming the first movie (he was 25) and he's STILL playing a High Schooler.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thats more to do with the story/script that’s been written for that character tho is it not? Again you can say my criticism is down to the script he was given too, but regardless I’m saying Garfields acting/character/look is very unlike Peter Parker

And I say it is:manny: we have an accord