Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

hjnm

All Star
Daps
No, Sony shyt the bed with both of those movies, not just TASM2. TASM had so much potential. I was mad as hell when Spider-Man 4 was cancelled but when they said that the reboot was going to be darker and grittier, I was all in.....until they announced The Lizard as the villain :martin:.

They should've worked out a deal with Fox to have Kingpin to be the main villain of that movie along with Scorpion.
Kingpin was Marvel Studios by then right?
Fisk should have been the main villain for the MCU Spider-Man, even if they don't face off directly.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
All of the stuff Homecoming build up was just glossed over or flat out ignored. The movie made it seem like Scorpion was going to be the villain of the next movie but yet he is nowhere to be found. We didn't see how Aunt May copes with him being Spider-Man (which shouldn't really be surprising looking back considering how they turned it into a joke in Homecoming), he didn't give a rats ass about Michelle in Homecoming but all of sudden he has an interest in her? It's like a movie worth of development was missing between the two movies.

Homecoming was all about him becoming his own man (something he should've learned from the very beginning but whatever) after he spends the entire movie trying to be like Iron Man and trying to get Tony Stark to notice him. Did Far From Home follow through with that by having Spider-Man be THE hero of New York. Nope they went back to him learning that he's not Iron Man and that he should be his own hero again. They also took him out of New York for no reason when it would've made more sense for him to fight Mysterio and save the day in NEW YORK (which he has yet to do in these movies). Once again, his villain is somebody who Tony Stark pissed off in the past. Did we really have to go through that again?

It's obvious, he has no idea what "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" is. Peter was trying his hardest to avoid being Spider-Man, ghosting people who need his help, and giving up a gift that his mentor gave him to somebody he barely knows so he can ask a girl out? If you're going to do this then do "Spider-Man No More" again. Don't have Peter only want to be Spider-Man when he's in the mood for it.

MJ is the worst character in the whole thing, Disney was clearly too scared to make a black Mary Jane so they came with a copout.

Idon't understand why they have so many films with him being under 18, even in the comics he was in high school for less than 30 issues.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
There’s a lot of shyt they can do with Spidey, he has the most epic stories and can literally tie in with any character in Marvel history.

That being said they are long fukking overdue for Kingpin being the main villain :stopitslime: you know how many other villains/heroes you can bring into that storyline :mjgrin: not only DD/Elektra...fukking Hammerhead, Punisher, Bullseye, Rhino, the X-men...the possibilities are endless

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
All of the stuff Homecoming build up was just glossed over or flat out ignored. The movie made it seem like Scorpion was going to be the villain of the next movie but yet he is nowhere to be found. We didn't see how Aunt May copes with him being Spider-Man (which shouldn't really be surprising looking back considering how they turned it into a joke in Homecoming), he didn't give a rats ass about Michelle in Homecoming but all of sudden he has an interest in her? It's like a movie worth of development was missing between the two movies.

Homecoming was all about him becoming his own man (something he should've learned from the very beginning but whatever) after he spends the entire movie trying to be like Iron Man and trying to get Tony Stark to notice him. Did Far From Home follow through with that by having Spider-Man be THE hero of New York. Nope they went back to him learning that he's not Iron Man and that he should be his own hero again. They also took him out of New York for no reason when it would've made more sense for him to fight Mysterio and save the day in NEW YORK (which he has yet to do in these movies). Once again, his villain is somebody who Tony Stark pissed off in the past. Did we really have to go through that again?

It's obvious, he has no idea what "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" is. Peter was trying his hardest to avoid being Spider-Man, ghosting people who need his help, and giving up a gift that his mentor gave him to somebody he barely knows so he can ask a girl out? If you're going to do this then do "Spider-Man No More" again. Don't have Peter only want to be Spider-Man when he's in the mood for it.
I like the movie but these are all my issues with it. I think if marvel or whoever wants to really help themselves with this series going forward, they’ll allow for emotional depth. I wanted to see may wrestle with the fact her nephew/son is not only spiderman but the fact they both disappeared for five years.

I get that may is his support system but it’s hard to believe a woman who lost her husband is going to be cool with her nephew putting his life at risk every day. There should’ve been tension there and hopefully we get that in the next movie since he’s made himself public enemy number one.

I’m less aggrieved about Peter not wanting to be Spider-Man because he’s grieving at the moment. Not sure if the movie communicated that well for everyone but for me it was less about a girl and more about him just wanting to be a regular kid who didn’t have to worry about saving the world, living in someone’s shadow, or the fact he fukking disappeared for five years. That’s a lot of trauma to go through and Peter has a history of putting the suit to the side when he’s going through shyt. Or going extra hard as Spider-Man and putting Peter to the side when he’s going through shyt. Either way works.

And you’re also right about the MJ thing. Besides the fact they’re calling her MJ which I won’t rant about lol but he’s all about Liz for one movie, shows no interest in this other girl at all, disappears for five years and now he’s crazy about her? I get it’s high school so you can get away with narrative shortcuts like that because teens will be teens, but that character deserves more than that. And it’s a weak excuse for poor writing

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

I like the movie but these are all my issues with it. I think if marvel or whoever wants to really help themselves with this series going forward, they’ll allow for emotional depth. I wanted to see may wrestle with the fact her nephew/son is not only spiderman but the fact they both disappeared for five years.

I get that may is his support system but it’s hard to believe a woman who lost her husband is going to be cool with her nephew putting his life at risk every day. There should’ve been tension there and hopefully we get that in the next movie since he’s made himself public enemy number one.

I’m less aggrieved about Peter not wanting to be Spider-Man because he’s grieving at the moment. Not sure if the movie communicated that well for everyone but for me it was less about a girl and more about him just wanting to be a regular kid who didn’t have to worry about saving the world, living in someone’s shadow, or the fact he fukking disappeared for five years. That’s a lot of trauma to go through and Peter has a history of putting the suit to the side when he’s going through shyt. Or going extra hard as Spider-Man and putting Peter to the side when he’s going through shyt. Either way works.

And you’re also right about the MJ thing. Besides the fact they’re calling her MJ which I won’t rant about lol but he’s all about Liz for one movie, shows no interest in this other girl at all, disappears for five years and now he’s crazy about her? I get it’s high school so you can get away with narrative shortcuts like that because teens will be teens, but that character deserves more than that. And it’s a weak excuse for poor writing
All this and John Watts as the director has been:ld:I do like Holland in the role I just hate how he's constantly has to be mentored Spider-Man is his own person. That's why he's amazing he carries the burdens and gets through them by himself:ufdup:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
All this and John Watts as the director has been:ld:I do like Holland in the role I just hate how he's constantly has to be mentored Spider-Man is his own person. That's why he's amazing he carries the burdens and gets through them by himself:ufdup:
Yeah watts is fine. I got no serious beef with him but he’s not the guy with this singular vision. And yeah the movies becoming marvel team up needs to stop too

hjnm

All Star
Daps
Yeah watts is fine. I got no serious beef with him but he’s not the guy with this singular vision. And yeah the movies becoming marvel team up needs to stop too
Watts doesn't suck but he's not a director with enough clout to go in his own direction with certain films, he only had one movie before they hired him.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What did he get right that the other guys didn't?
First and foremost He was the only one who actual bothered doing a brooklyn accent for a brooklyn character. he not even from america and he managed to correct that mistake the other made :dead:

He also captured the social awkardness of peter parker without too generically nerdy, or unexplainably cool yet still inexplicalbly considered a social outcast.
Plus he was also closer to actual highschool age instead of being a 30 year old freshman. Plus he can physically do stunts like flips and stuff.