Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
images

they basically turned Mary Jane Watson into a 6 foot mulatto Daria:hhh:

a played out character archetype from the late 90's early 2000's:comeon:

chick looks like she has personal hygiene issue half the time in these movies:scust:

The OG Mary Jane was a played out archetype herself, she was an analog for a lot of the girls of her time as is the new "MJ" for misfit zoomers of this era.

Yeah I hate how they beat around the Bush with it, if they want her to be Mary Jane then just make her Mary Jane

She's not Mary Jane, she's Michelle Jones.

A "black Mary Jane" would be more like Vulture's daughter in homecoming, the popular girl that Peter be hoping and wishing for (like in the Rami movies). That's what it would have looked like had they gone with the more familiar dynamic with a black girl.

Dunst is dope as fukk, AWLAYS been dope but when you compare how (and why) the character was written in those movies to Michelle she comes off like a ditzy c*nt.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The OG Mary Jane was a played out archetype herself, she was an analog for a lot of the girls of her time as is the new "MJ" for misfit zoomers of this era.

She's not Mary Jane, she's Michelle Jones.

A "black Mary Jane" would be more like Vulture's daughter in homecoming, the popular girl that Peter be hoping and wishing for (like in the Rami movies). That's what it would have looked like had they gone with the more familiar dynamic with a black girl.

Dunst is dope as fukk, AWLAYS been dope but when you compare how (and why) the character was written in this movies to Michelle she comes off like a ditzy c*nt.
Yeah and the actual character has more depth and more character than the movie counterparts give her.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
MJ is the worst character in the whole thing, Disney was clearly too scared to make a black Mary Jane so they came with a copout.

Idon't understand why they have so many films with him being under 18, even in the comics he was in high school for less than 30 issues.
shyt annoys the fukk out of me with the their obsession of a high school Spider-Man. His BEST stories were when he was a young adult in college or fresh out of college.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
shyt annoys the fukk out of me with the their obsession of a high school Spider-Man. His BEST stories were when he was a young adult in college or fresh out of college.
I thought it was just me
I enjoy these films but :shaq2: i couldn’t stand the high school shyt in homecoming
Far from home wasn’t bad but I need him to graduate in this one

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That’s what I’m hoping happens after this trilogy is over with. If they really doing a Harry Potter-like run then I hope to see some Harry Potter-like tone changes when shyt hits the fan in college. :lupe:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Maybe its because i’m old school but I still feel the Tobey Maguire Spiderman series is the overall best.

Yea Tobey was old as fukk but he still a great job, ESPECIALLY in Spiderman 2 which is still in my top ten superhero movies of all time. Plus he had the best supporting cast in my opinion.

James Franco had the right amount of both swag and insecurity to play Harry.

Kristen Dunce is ugly as all hell, but she’s a good actress and did a great job as MJ in SP1 & 2 but the writing BUTCHERED her in part 3.

J.K. Simmons is THE quintessential J.Jonah Jameson. So much that they HAD to bring him back for the MCU

People saying Tobey and Kristin Dunce didn’t have chemistry lying their asses off.

I like the Tom Holland movies, but I haven’t bothered to see either of them in theaters. Their fun little distractions and nothing more for

The Andrew Garfield movies were TRASH to me. Garfield might be the best overall actor of the three of them but he didn’t land Peter Parker for me. He came off as an unlikeable a$$hole in BOTH those movies and that little weird alien-looking dude who played Harry Osborne was annoying as fukk to me.
Dunst is aight. She’s a regular looking woman.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Dunst absolutely looked like mary Jane in the 1st film. That was her peak. She was hot as fukk in that. After that it's like they didnt even attempt to make her look like the mj in the comics again.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was just me
I enjoy these films but :shaq2: i couldn’t stand the high school shyt in homecoming
Far from home wasn’t bad but I need him to graduate in this one

I realized from the jump that this one was for the kids. And that is fine,afterall these are comic book films. They really don't have to design them with grown men in mind,though it would be wise.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dunst absolutely looked like mary Jane in the 1st film. That was her peak. She was hot as fukk in that. After that it's like they didnt even attempt to make her look like the mj in the comics again.

Zendaya>>Dunst by a landslide:scust:

And this isn't me being bias and not liking white women. I could acknowledge a high calibre white woman if I saw one. But outside of her t*ts I just remember a weird tooth and swollen face. Nothing striking,and definitely nothing "model" about her in those films:mjlol:

Yeah I hate how they beat around the Bush with it, if they want her to be Mary Jane then just make her Mary Jane

Its all about the algorithims and analyticals my friend. You guys haven't figured out that they put out rumors of race changes on these characters?Or why they change the race of side characters? Its because they know it will get racist emotional,and that racism will get black people upset and create discourse which will cause trending.Not to mention "Vishaun" memes from black twitter which is a billion dollar promotional tool:wow:. The fact they pulled this "MJ" bullshyt but she's not actually Mary Jane tells you they were trolling and knew exactly what they were doing.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Zendaya>>Dunst by a landslide:scust:

And this isn't me being bias and not liking white women. I could acknowledge a high calibre white woman if I saw one. But outside of her t*ts I just remember a weird tooth and swollen face. Nothing striking,and definitely nothing "model" about her in those films:mjlol:

Its all about the algorithims and analyticals my friend. You guys haven't figured out that they put out rumors of race changes on these characters?Or why they change the race of side characters? Its because they know it will get racist emotional,and that racism will get black people upset and create discourse which will cause trending.Not to mention "Vishaun" memes from black twitter which is a billion dollar promotional tool:wow:. The fact they pulled this "MJ" bullshyt but she's not actually Mary Jane tells you they were trolling and knew exactly what they were doing.

Breh she looked decent in the 1st one. Wasnt ugly at all

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta remember that when we’re first introduced to this version of Peter he’s only been Spidey for like 6 months. The dynamic is also different than the other 2 because he’s being folded into a larger universe rather than him doing his own thing.

I think the latter is still to come although I do enjoy cameos. One of the best parts about Spider-Man imo is his ability to be everywhere and work with anybody

hjnm

All Star
Daps
That’s what I’m hoping happens after this trilogy is over with. If they really doing a Harry Potter-like run then I hope to see some Harry Potter-like tone changes when shyt hits the fan in college. :lupe:
I don't think there will be that many more movies, maybe one because Zendaya and maybe Holland might be on their way to becoming legit stars.