Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Kinda came off more like an a$$hole than like a quipy peter parker. also he was way cooler in highschool than parker.
Maybe would've made a good veteran spiderman, but didn't fit the highschool just discovering his powers version very well.
The whole super nerdy 60s Spider-Man is cliche anyway I liked the change

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kinda came off more like an a$$hole than like a quipy peter parker. also he was way cooler in highschool than parker.
Maybe would've made a good veteran spiderman, but didn't fit the highschool just discovering his powers version very well.
Once again, depends on your version of Peter Parker. Peter in high school in the old comics and the ultimate comics could be a high school. shyt Peter now can be an a$$hole. That’s one reason he and flash used to beef.

Not just because flash is a bully yeah but because Peter would often talk down to him through his jokes. Peter isn’t this saintly figure people think he is and I don’t know where that idea came from.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The whole super nerdy 60s Spider-Man is cliche anyway I liked the change
Thank you. What made a nerd in the 60s isn’t the same as the 2010s or the 2020s. And Peter was never a prototypical nerd. Once again, it’s a cliche and stereotype that got projected onto him by fans for some reason.

Daps
The first one maybe but the sequel was so garbage that they decided selling to Marvel was the move.
No, Sony shyt the bed with both of those movies, not just TASM2. TASM had so much potential. I was mad as hell when Spider-Man 4 was cancelled but when they said that the reboot was going to be darker and grittier, I was all in.....until they announced The Lizard as the villain :martin:.

They should've worked out a deal with Fox to have Kingpin to be the main villain of that movie along with Scorpion.

Daps
Once again, depends on your version of Peter Parker. Peter in high school in the old comics and the ultimate comics could be a high school. shyt Peter now can be an a$$hole. That’s one reason he and flash used to beef.

Not just because flash is a bully yeah but because Peter would often talk down to him through his jokes. Peter isn’t this saintly figure people think he is and I don’t know where that idea came from.
I think the issue was how Garfield was written. They tried to recreate the scene from Spider-Man 1 before Uncle Ben get killed with someone being an a$$hole to Peter and cheating him out of something which causes him to let the thief get away. The problem is that unlike Spider-Man 1, the clerk was in the right in TASM1 (regardless of how petty it was), Peter didn't have enough money so when the thief steals the money from the store, he gives Peter the chocolate milk. Instead of Peter putting it back on the counter, he just walks out of the store with it without paying as if he was entitled to it (basically making him an accessory to robbery). :mjlol:.

Also he basically ghosted Gwen's ass during her grieving period after she loses her father only to get back with her after some time has passed.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
No, Sony shyt the bed with both of those movies, not just TASM2. TASM had so much potential. I was mad as hell when Spider-Man 4 was cancelled but when they said that the reboot was going to be darker and grittier, I was all in.....until they announced The Lizard as the villain :martin:.

They should've worked out a deal with Fox to have Kingpin to be the main villain of that movie along with Scorpion.
Thank God FOX did not own it. That shyt would've been hot doo doo grits.

Spiderman would've had a cape like superman played by Nicolas Cage and be a 40 year old college dropout.

Spiderman: Far from canon
:picard:

Daps
Thank God FOX did not own it. That shyt would've been hot doo doo grits.

Spiderman would've had a cape like superman played by Nicolas Cage and be a 40 year old college dropout.

Spiderman: Far from canon
:picard:
No I meant, Sony work out a deal with Fox to gain the rights to use Kingpin for TASM1 since they wasn't doing shyt with him anyway.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide

They didn’t have that creative flair to pull off those villians, see venom for example

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the issue was how Garfield was written. They tried to recreate the scene from Spider-Man 1 before Uncle Ben get killed with someone being an a$$hole to Peter and cheating him out of something which causes him to let the thief get away. The problem is that unlike Spider-Man 1, the clerk was in the right in TASM1 (regardless of how petty it was), Peter didn't have enough money so when the thief steals the money from the store, he gives Peter the chocolate milk. Instead of Peter putting it back on the counter, he just walks out of the store with it without paying as if he was entitled to it (basically making him an accessory to robbery). :mjlol:.

Also he basically ghosted Gwen's ass during her grieving period after she loses her father only to get back with her after some time has passed.
That’s fair too. They made it hard to identify with his pain and how he felt because of the wild directions the script kept going in terms of consistency.

on the flip side I felt his pain a whole lot more when ben died and got his anger and rage easily. Where they dropped the ball is his arc of getting from point A to point B where he realizes there’s a better way to get there. He just gets to point B without any of the work.

Daps
All of the stuff Homecoming build up was just glossed over or flat out ignored. The movie made it seem like Scorpion was going to be the villain of the next movie but yet he is nowhere to be found. We didn't see how Aunt May copes with him being Spider-Man (which shouldn't really be surprising looking back considering how they turned it into a joke in Homecoming), he didn't give a rats ass about Michelle in Homecoming but all of sudden he has an interest in her? It's like a movie worth of development was missing between the two movies.

Homecoming was all about him becoming his own man (something he should've learned from the very beginning but whatever) after he spends the entire movie trying to be like Iron Man and trying to get Tony Stark to notice him. Did Far From Home follow through with that by having Spider-Man be THE hero of New York. Nope they went back to him learning that he's not Iron Man and that he should be his own hero again. They also took him out of New York for no reason when it would've made more sense for him to fight Mysterio and save the day in NEW YORK (which he has yet to do in these movies). Once again, his villain is somebody who Tony Stark pissed off in the past. Did we really have to go through that again?

It's obvious, he has no idea what "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" is. Peter was trying his hardest to avoid being Spider-Man, ghosting people who need his help, and giving up a gift that his mentor gave him to somebody he barely knows so he can ask a girl out? If you're going to do this then do "Spider-Man No More" again. Don't have Peter only want to be Spider-Man when he's in the mood for it.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
All of the stuff Homecoming build up was just glossed over or flat out ignored. The movie made it seem like Scorpion was going to be the villain of the next movie but yet he is nowhere to be found. We didn't see how Aunt May copes with him being Spider-Man (which shouldn't really be surprising looking back considering how they turned it into a joke in Homecoming), he didn't give a rats ass about Michelle in Homecoming but all of sudden he has an interest in her? It's like a movie worth of development was missing between the two movies.

Homecoming was all about him becoming his own man (something he should've learned from the very beginning but whatever) after he spends the entire movie trying to be like Iron Man and trying to get Tony Stark to notice him. Did Far From Home follow through with that by having Spider-Man be THE hero of New York. Nope they went back to him learning that he's not Iron Man and that he should be his own hero again. They also took him out of New York for no reason when it would've made more sense for him to fight Mysterio and save the day in NEW YORK (which he has yet to do in these movies). Once again, his villain is somebody who Tony Stark pissed off in the past. Did we really have to go through that again?

It's obvious, he has no idea what "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" is. Peter was trying his hardest to avoid being Spider-Man, ghosting people who need his help, and giving up a gift that his mentor gave him to somebody he barely knows so he can ask a girl out? If you're going to do this then do "Spider-Man No More" again. Don't have Peter only want to be Spider-Man when he's in the mood for it.
This is my biggest problem with these movies I understand they want to skip Uncle Ben's death but there hasn't been one single mention of him at all through all of his appearances. Then they go and ruin one of the most iconic Spidey panels by having him think of Tony while lifting up the building rubble. That would've been the perfect time for him to think of his Uncle you know the whole reason he becomes Spider-man.

Last edited: