Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Sidenote

The overall responses I’ve been seeing has said otherwise.

But let’s just entertain the logic that these are bad.

Ok so what, that’s where I think from a creative standpoint one should just go back to the drawing board, review what’s “soooooooo bad,” make the necessary adjustments and improve with the sequels or next seasons.

At best Marvel on several occasions have show they are capable of doing that.

That’s one of my biggest gripes with DCs handling of Green Lantern.

Instead of just scrapping the whole thing cuz they thought it was a failure. They should’ve just stayed the course and corrected whatever missteps and made the sequel.

I bet money if given another chance a second GL would’ve done better and been received better

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Though that’s a combination of perspective and opinions.

Me personally, I’ve seen some bad movies and shows and I can’t quite put them in the same category.

My only question to you is what are you comparing and contrasting Phase 4 against?
I knew to edit "good" Ok they are good.. Comparing them to all the previous phases.. Nah they don't have the same feeling. Comparing them to Netflix shows (which I admit had a R rating cheat code).... They don't have the same feeling

Let me put it like this... If Phase 4 was Phase 1... We'd have never seen Phase 2. Nothing in 4, except this, has been on the level of anything Phase 1.. To include Iron Man 2. Phase 2 started them off with shaky phases, but still had Ant man, GOTG, and Winter Soldier... Phase 3 had Civil War, Strange, BP, and Spidey, plus of course the IW.....

What has Phase 4 had on that type of level of movie or feeling it gives you. And I purposely picked out origin stories.. Some of minor or lessor known characters too. They could have done better

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I knew to edit "good" Ok they are good.. Comparing them to all the previous phases.. Nah they don't have the same feeling. Comparing them to Netflix shows (which I admit had a R rating cheat code).... They don't have the same feeling

Let me put it like this... If Phase 4 was Phase 1... We'd have never seen Phase 2. Nothing in 4, except this, has been on the level of anything Phase 1.. To include Iron Man 2. Phase 2 started them off with shaky phases, but still had Ant man, GOTG, and Winter Soldier... Phase 3 had Civil War, Strange, BP, and Spidey, plus of course the IW.....

What has Phase 4 had on that type of level of movie or feeling it gives you. And I purposely picked out origin stories.. Some of minor or lessor known characters too. They could have done better

Eternals and Shang Chi were easily better than Hulk. You can even possibly throw in Thor and some people claimed they didn’t love Cap 1 so there’s that too.

Agents of Shield was part of Phase 1, though that show definitely got better as it progressed. Some folks claimed Season 1 was there weakest (it was still trynna find their stride and identity)

All the Disney+ shows are better than AOS S1.

I think it’s clear that this Phase is to a degree is a new Phase 1. As Phase 1-3 was about the Thanos arc.

This next new Phase which will probably 4-6 will be about the next major villain, whether that’s Kang or someone they have yet to announce but will be strategically revealed in future films.

Also, S:NWH was the 3rd of its series and typically none of the 3rds been on the level of Phase 1. Most of them been huge event level movies so you cant really put them in the same category.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Also more thing I think we keep on forgetting and it’s not an excuse but it is what it is but this Phase not even going in the order it was supposed to go in due to Covid.

Like Dr. Strange and Thor was legit supposed to have dropped this year.

I think once they get some of the stuff out that was planned 5-7 years ago. Everything will make sense.

It’s a reason they only showing their timeline to 2023

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Sidenote

The overall responses I’ve been seeing has said otherwise.

But let’s just entertain the logic that these are bad.

Ok so what, that’s where I think from a creative standpoint one should just go back to the drawing board, review what’s “soooooooo bad,” make the necessary adjustments and improve with the sequels or next seasons.

At best Marvel on several occasions have show they are capable of doing that.

That’s one of my biggest gripes with DCs handling of Green Lantern.

Instead of just scrapping the whole thing cuz they thought it was a failure. They should’ve just stayed the course and corrected whatever missteps and made the sequel.

I bet money if given another chance a second GL would’ve done better and been received better

It took them 3 tries to get a dope Thor movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Marvels ends up being crack and a much needed improvement over Captain Marvel.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:gucci:

Phase 4 isn't even half way over yet. We're talking about 6-7 more movies and who knows how many TV series.

Ignoring that, we've still gotten:

1.The introduction of Kang.
2. The proper introduction of The Scarlett Witch, not that bullshyt from "Age Of Ultron".
3. The first real look at the multiverse.

If any one of those things....let alone all three....were introduced in an earlier phase, let alone phase 1....fans would've lost their fukking minds.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Said it in here before, but where the fukk did all of these Andrew Garfield stans come from? :gucci:

Like I’m happy people like him in this but most of these “Iv always loved him and his Spider-Man movies” ass people are full of shyt

His movies made close to $800 mill each. :dwillhuh:

I wasn't personally a fan but why do you cats act like his movie were direct to DVD status?

They were massive hits, of course they have a ton of fans.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What an L of a contract for Marvel.

so curious how those talks went. Marvel was down bad, but wonder how they were convinced to sell w/ those stipulations

I imagine Fox had similar terms, since we did get x-men flicks every few years, before being bought back.

The universal one for hulk is interesting too, there doesn't seem to be an actual time limit on that

Unfortunately this isn't even a "bad" contract. It's extremely common for rights to revert either after a certain period of time, or if a set amount of time passes where they're "inactive".

Which is why Sony has incentive to continue making Spider-Man movies.

One of the most notorious examples of this is Clive Barker. He sold the cinematic rights for his novella "The Hellbound Heart" to Dimension Films in the mid 80's, which they turned into the "Hellraiser" film franchise.

The problem is they continued to make low budget, direct to DVD sequels solely to keep the rights from him. They even released one to a single theater in Utah or some shyt, just to say :umad: "we're still using the rights."

It's a dirty game, yall.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
His movies made close to $800 mill each. :dwillhuh:

I wasn't personally a fan but why do you cats act like his movie were direct to DVD status?

They were massive hits, of course they have a ton of fans.

Fred.
Because on the internet, and much in real life apparently, if you weren’t personally digging it, then no one dug it. The individual perspective and opinion is the only one that matters and it’s impossible for some people to understand how anyone could like something they don’t.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Unfortunately this isn't even a "bad" contract. It's extremely common for rights to revert either after a certain period of time, or if a set amount of time passes where they're "inactive".

Which is why Sony has incentive to continue making Spider-Man movies.

One of the most notorious examples of this is Clive Barker. He sold the cinematic rights for his novella "The Hellbound Heart" to Dimension Films in the mid 80's, which they turned into the "Hellraiser" film franchise.

The problem is they continued to make low budget, direct to DVD sequels solely to keep the rights from him. They even released one to a single theater in Utah or some shyt, just to say :umad: "we're still using the rights."

It's a dirty game, yall.

Fred.
It’s also why we’re getting TWO Hellraiser related things next year. Hbo show and a Hulu movie. And the main reason there’s no Friday the 13th movie since 09.

This is business and it’s a lot more normal than some people realize.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:gucci:

Phase 4 isn't even half way over yet. We're talking about 6-7 more movies and who knows how many TV series.

Ignoring that, we've still gotten:

1.The introduction of Kang.
2. The proper introduction of The Scarlett Witch, not that bullshyt from "Age Of Ultron".
3. The first real look at the multiverse.

If any one of those things....let alone all three....were introduced in an earlier phase, let alone phase 1....fans would've lost their fukking minds.

Fred.
Yeah it’s weird to have that narrative that phase 4 isn’t working when most of it is on Disney + and according to them, wildly successful. Same with the eternals. Once again, critical opinion or my own feelings on it notwithstanding, that movie is a huge hit. And at the end of the day, that’s all that matters :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s also why we’re getting TWO Hellraiser related things next year. Hbo show and a Hulu movie. And the main reason there’s no Friday the 13th movie since 09.

This is business and it’s a lot more normal than some people realize.

I think they actually cut Barker in on the HBO series, which is cool.

But yeah. Once you sell the rights it's a wrap. There's very few good outcomes to it, for the creators.

Yeah it’s weird to have that narrative that phase 4 isn’t working when most of it is on Disney + and according to them, wildly successful. Same with the eternals. Once again, critical opinion or my own feelings on it notwithstanding, that movie is a huge hit. And at the end of the day, that’s all that matters :manny:

Yeah I dunno man.

I never seen "Avatar", never gave a fukk about it. Movie still made $2.8 billion.

A lot of people, especially on the internet, have a hard time separating their reality, from objective reality.

Fred.