Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mad i seen a comment with somebody reducing the movie to, all this just to get his friends into MIT

:heh:

I like that the movie was at least self aware enough to acknowledge how dumb it all was, when Strange was like :mindblown: "you didn't even call the school to dispute it?!"

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think they actually cut Barker in on the HBO series, which is cool.

But yeah. Once you sell the rights it's a wrap. There's very few good outcomes to it, for the creators.

Yeah I dunno man.

I never seen "Avatar", never gave a fukk about it. Movie still made $2.8 billion.

A lot of people, especially on the internet, have a hard time separating their reality, from objective reality.

Fred.
It’s funny you say that because I read an article on AV club the other day pontificating on why critics aren’t doing weekly recaps of Yellowstone. The idea being that it’s one of the most watched shows on television, and easily laps other internet beloved shows in terms of viewership, has a stacked cast, and doesn’t get the attention or awards that lesser watched shows get.

The writer hinted at,but mostly ignored the fact writers on the internet are in one big echo chamber and always want to impress their peers. So if critic A is talking about succession all the time then critic B better also talk about succession or else. The perception on the internet is that shows like Billions or Succession are monster hits but the reality is they’re nowhere close to the numbers of a show like Yellowstone. And not talking quality here, just numbers.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It’s funny you say that because I read an article on AV club the other day pontificating on why critics aren’t doing weekly recaps of Yellowstone. The idea being that it’s one of the most watched shows on television, and easily laps other internet beloved shows in terms of viewership, has a stacked cast, and doesn’t get the attention or awards that lesser watched shows get.

The writer hinted at,but mostly ignored the fact writers on the internet are in one big echo chamber and always want to impress their peers. So if critic A is talking about succession all the time then critic B better also talk about succession or else. The perception on the internet is that shows like Billions or Succession are monster hits but the reality is they’re nowhere close to the numbers of a show like Yellowstone. And not talking quality here, just numbers.
I always see advertisements for this :ohhh:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
And the main reason there’s no Friday the 13th movie since 09.

think we getting closer...part of that lawsuit was settled this year i think

i'm more mad that fukknig lawsuit fukked up the game

hope we get at least one more, just to make it 13 films

Daps
His movies made close to $800 mill each. :dwillhuh:

I wasn't personally a fan but why do you cats act like his movie were direct to DVD status?

They were massive hits, of course they have a ton of fans.

Fred.
Sony spent more money on those movies and they made less the Tobey ones. They were expecting TASM2 to do over a Billion Dollars and it became the lowest grossing Spider-Man movie. The movie struggled to reach $200 Million in the Domestic Box Office which is something the Raimi films did in a matter of a few days (NWH outgrossed both of Andrews films Domestically in it's Opening Weekend). When an X-Men movie (DOFP) does better than a Spider-Man movie (TASM2), something is wrong.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It's gonna be tough to follow up with another Spider-Man movie from here. I feel like a lot of casual cats are not gonna dig a Spider-man that's back to smaller stakes.
Really? I’m honestly looking more forward to Spider-Man taking on street-level villains than ever before.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His movies made close to $800 mill each. :dwillhuh:

I wasn't personally a fan but why do you cats act like his movie were direct to DVD status?

They were massive hits, of course they have a ton of fans.

Fred.

Literally nobody did this :dwillhuh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony spent more money on those movies and they made less the Tobey ones. They were expecting TASM2 to do over a Billion Dollars and it became the lowest grossing Spider-Man movie. The movie struggled to reach $200 Million in the Domestic Box Office which is something the Raimi films did in a matter of a few days (NWH outgrossed both of Andrews films Domestically in it's Opening Weekend). When an X-Men movie (DOFP) does better than a Spider-Man movie (TASM2), something is wrong.

None of that has anything to do with what we're talking about though. :what:

Dude asked why people were amped for Andrew Garfield. His movies did $700+ million, meaning a fukk ton of people seen them. Those two movies have an entire fan base dedicated to them.

Whether or not they did as well as Sony predicted, or less than the Raimi movies....has zero bearing on people being fans of them.

Fred.