Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

:why:
I remember the asm2 did good on the box office but Sony had crazy expectations :jbhmm:
Plus the whole thing with Andrew not going to the party

From what I recall, the movie did well at the box office but Sony was expecting Avengers, Iron Man 3, The Dark Knight Rises, etc numbers.

I don't think it's had anything to do with box office. Andrew's movies were doing fine. I have no definitive proof, but I honestly believe Stan Lee made a call and had Andrew Garfield dropped after he said Spider-Man was probably bisexual. Because right after that press tour where he made those remarks, he was done.:francis:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Can’t wait to go back and read y’all reactions. What a perfect fukking movie. Broke me down like 3-4 times off pure memory alone. We grew up with these characters. Salute to Marvel for actually doing this. They all looked amazing. Happy for Andrew for getting that save redemption.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think it's had anything to do with box office. Andrew's movies were doing fine. I have no definitive proof, but I honestly believe Stan Lee made a call and had Andrew Garfield dropped after he said Spider-Man was probably bisexual. Because right after that press tour where he made those remarks, he was done.:francis:
:russ: I don’t do conspiracy theories but this one is funny

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean, neither Stan Lee or the studio were not happy about being asked to respond to his suggestions for a queer Spider-Man. He was literally released a few months afterwards.

Stan Lee reacts to the idea of a bisexual Spider-Man

Andrew Garfield 'pressured' to apologise for bisexual Spider-Man comments

Andrew Garfield on Sony Ignoring His Idea to Make Spider-Man Bisexual
I’m not disagreeing with the idea of them not being happy. Just don’t think that was it lol. But it’s 7 years ago now.

Is what it is

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the end of venom 2,

venom tells Brock that symbiotes share a hive mind knowledge that spans across universes.

As he is about to give Brock a glimpse, they get transported by what we now know to be the first spell strange casts in NWH, to the MCU.

Almost immediately, the tv is showing Peter Parker as spider man and venom says “I hate that guy!” (I actually missed this at first)

Signaling that Venom recognizes Spider-Man

Venom knows about Peter Parker because Venom in Spider-Man 3 knew about Peter Parker.

this is that explanation I was looking for. Appreciate that!

Edit: he ain’t say i hate that guy. He said “that guy” then licked the screen :dame:

Last edited:

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
I mean, neither Stan Lee or the studio were not happy about being asked to respond to his suggestions for a queer Spider-Man. He was literally released a few months afterwards.

i'm almost certain that marvel has a clause in all mediums that spiderman has a template that cannot be changed

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I’m not disagreeing with the idea of them not being happy. Just don’t think that was it lol. But it’s 7 years ago now.

Is what it is

You're probably right. It may be an assortment of things, but I think his comments were the nail in the coffin. Also his ideas about who Spider-Man should be hint at some creative tensions. A lot of studios don't like it when actors go off the company script. Maybe they wanted someone less mouthy and unorthodox. He was just supposed to be doing promo, not stirring up drama lol

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:mjlol:STAN LEE & SONY WOULD GET
CANCELLED FOR THIS IN 2021.

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED IN 8 YRS.
:devil:
:evil:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
this is that explanation I was looking for. Appreciate that!

Edit: he ain’t say i hate that guy. He said “that guy” then licked the screen :dame:
Lol ok my bad. Was going off memory. Either way, seemed like he vaguely recognized him, or was familiar.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!

“I was then put under a lot of pressure to retract that and apologise for saying something that is a legitimate thing to think and feel.

“So I said: ‘OK, so you want me to make sure that we get the bigots and the homophobes to buy their tickets?’”

Direct quotes from Andrew
:mjlol: