Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Why put aside the nostalgia factor? Thats a real feeling and it contributes to genuine enjoyment. People acting like it's cheating or something.
I enjoyed this movie but that doesn't count because i already liked the characters. :camby:
Fanservice?:dame: no thank you.

When you stop to think about it, doesn't it sound silly? People always cater films for a specific audience.
I absolutely loved the movie but playing devils advocate, cant those things be looked at as a crutch?

Is it possible to say as a movie this was overall better than Black Panther?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Next year, Andrew is going to be out trying to promote some new movie he worked hard on and every interviewee is going to hit him up with the same thing again. "So, you were on the show last year saying you weren't in the new Spider-Man movie... yet there you were in it... front and center. :leostare:"

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I absolutely loved the movie but playing devils advocate, cant those things be looked at as a crutch?

I don't think it's anymore of a crutch then using well known popular actors in a movie is one. In fact it's the exact same thing.
Casting Will Smith in hopes that people will like your film better because of who he is, = Bringing og spiderman in the hopes that people will like your film better because of who he is.
Yet, nobody complains about recognizing a popular actor in a movie.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I do love this movie slightly more than BP, but that could be recency bias kicking in. What do they have in common anyway, aside from being in the MCU?

I think movies should be judged on what they set out to do. These movies are crowd-pleasers, and if they do, in fact, please crowds, then they're successful. It doesn't matter what "tricks" they use to achieve their goal.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So let's look at this movie objectively and without all the "hype" and nostalgia of Tobey and Andrew showing up was it really that good of a movie??

:jbhmm:

I truly think so myself but wanted to get y'alls true opinion while putting aside the nostalgia factor
I don't really have nostalgic feelings for Toby and definitely none for Andrew. I liked the OG San Raimi movies but I also wasn't pining to see that version again. I did like Gatfield as Spidey just not so much as Parker and his movies were not good I also had no feeling for him. So nostalgic was not a big draw for me but I still enjoyed this movie.
It's what I like most about blockbuaters and comic book movies. It was an undeniable good time at the movies with other people. It made sense for the most part had stakes and the ending was cool. Far from perfect or a masterpiece but it made you laugh, feel sad/cry and had some very exciting moments. It's a great blockbuster movie.

Last edited:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I already said this a couple days ago, but here's a warning to anyone that hasn't seen the movie:

Open spoilers are now allowed in the thread. I edited the thread title to reflect that.

Normally the wait would be a week, but this is shaping up to be one of the biggest movies of all time and a decent chunk of TLR has already seen it.

If you all want to continue to use spoiler tags, go ahead but you don't have to.

Fred.

You forgot to add that Mass Effect 1 was better than Mass effect 2.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I read that initially they were going to show what happened to the other Spidermen in their universes in the end. I think they should have done that because it would have given you happy endings for them to balance out the sad ending for the current Spider-Man. As it stands now its a sad ass ending and people always feel better coming out of a movie on a good note.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I read that initially they were going to show what happened to the other Spidermen in their universes in the end. I think they should have done that because it would have given you happy endings for them to balance out the sad ending for the current Spider-Man. As it stands now its a sad ass ending and people always feel better coming out of a movie on a good note.
I would've liked to hear more about what both Tobey and Andrew had been up to post Spider-Man 3 and TAS 2. Did they fight any new villains? Where are they currently in life? It wouldn't have helped or hampered the movie, but a 20 second convo wouldn't have hurt and would've been intriguing.

Tobey: "Dr. Connors turned into a Lizard in my universe too. :dwillhuh:"
Andrew: "I also fought six bad guys at once. :ehh:"

It seems like in the bit of dialogue that we got - Tobey's Peter and MJ didn't get back together for a while and even now, it's complicated.

Last edited:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Technically they did with Tobeys Spiderman considering he was the main Spiderman that was training Miles in Into The Spiderverse

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just got back my girl gave it a 8 and I gave it a 7.5 late showing but sold out…

I thought it was good to see the old Spider-Man’s but man this movie really ain’t hit like that.

Dafoe a monster… this to me doesn’t progress the spidey story at all…

He is just literally starting all over :dwillhuh:

the first after credit scene took me by surprise because I never seen any of those

the second one was dope tho
He’s not starting over as much as he’s moving forward. He’s an adult now and finally fulfilling his promise from Homecoming when he said he wanted to be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. It’s a long form origin story getting him to what he always is and was.

So let's look at this movie objectively and without all the "hype" and nostalgia of Tobey and Andrew showing up was it really that good of a movie??

:jbhmm:

I truly think so myself but wanted to get y'alls true opinion while putting aside the nostalgia factor
Fools errand, my man. You’re now trying to look at movies as math and that’s never going to work.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dope film

My screen clapped and cheered when Garfield and Maguire turned up

Jamie Foxx was having fun :russ:

I loved the interaction between the Spideys

Ned being able to open portals :stopitslime:

When did Goblin get that strong :whoa:

My lil Peter is all grown now :mjcry:, I'm looking forward to what they do with an adult Peter

RIP May :sadbron:
I loved seeing the classic suit :wow: