Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Daps
Was it Spider-Man 2 or another early 2000 comic book movie that had the Dr Strange name drop? I was confused why Tobey didn't know him before but I must have things mixed up.

I do want another Osborne and his savagery in this movie just makes me want to see Dr Doom in the MCU more. He better not be cracking jokes though:birdman:

It was Spiderman 2 when Jameson was trying to come up with a name for Doc Ock. His assistant is like "what about Dr Strange?":gladbron:

And Jameson goes ":what:thats already taken"

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
No. Branching timelines. Endgame and Loki explain this.

you can’t change the past and keep the same
Timeline.

as far as the spell, I think it’s safe to assum the correct spell only works for MCU earth. The first spells problems was that it caused rifts between the multiverses and attracted everyone that knew of Peter Parker/spidey within those rifts.

oh man, that makes it even more complicated. Are you saying there is infinite timelines being created from all different possibilities? Example being what if Aunt May didn't die, or what if Garfield Spidey never saved MJ. Shyt sounds dark as hell. There can be a timeline where spidey that gave into his rage and killed GG I'm assuming? :ohhh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Fukk around and choose someone worse all in the name of growth? I liked all 3 and they leveled up each movie as far maturity.
Burnout and being stale are real Spider-Man will be in college soon. A new part of his life is beginning a new vision is never a bad thing. Spider-Man is Marvels baby that's one franchise Marvel and Sony will take serious especially with the collaboration. I have faith they can find a capable director.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Great movie

1 question though....

All the videos, social media, articles etc about Pete being Spidey didn't disappear even tho everyone forgets he's Spidey again at the end:skip:

So how that work???

@MartyMcFly

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
oh man, that makes it even more complicated. Are you saying there is infinite timelines being created from all different possibilities? Example being what if Aunt May didn't die, or what if Garfield Spidey never saved MJ. Shyt sounds dark as hell. There can be a timeline where spidey that gave into his rage and killed GG I'm assuming? :ohhh:
Have you ever watched What if? The multi-verse is filled with all kinds of scenarios and stories. There's virtually limitless possibilities.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
:ehh: I can rock with that. More trouble doc strange causes.

Also similar to back to the future.
Basically we have Toby's main timeline where the three movies and beyond happen. Then a timeline where Norman lives. Then a timeline where Norman's dead but Ock potentially lives. Then a timeline where Norman and Ock are dead but Sandman is back to normal. So 4 Tobyverse timeline. And then three Garfieldverse timelines.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
One thing I thought about - I haven't seen ASM2 in quite a while, but was everyone pulled in necessarily when they were about to die, or just when they learned Spider Mans identity? Because in Norms case, he figured it out after Thanksgiving dinner, which means he might not get zapped back to the tower fight.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
One thing I thought about - I haven't seen ASM2 in quite a while, but was everyone pulled in necessarily when they were about to die, or just when they learned Spider Mans identity? Because in Norms case, he figured it out after Thanksgiving dinner, which means he might not get zapped back to the tower fight.
Plot holes breh

Them warping to the MCUverse right before dying is a better plot device