Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:whoa:
ShortSplendidFeline-max-1mb.gif

Terrible idea bro
Dude is a horrible actor. My point is have it be a character who’s start up just blew up which is why he wasn't known

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t care for Venom all that much. The Sony standalones have always came off as extremely corny. Don’t see the symbiote showing up until later in the college trilogy anyways, and they could go other different routes than Eddie Brock. Mac Gargan’s Venom is one.

If the post-credit scene was any indication though, I’m just glad MCU will get its own stab at utilizing the character now.

Running this back in Dolby tonight.

I was literally sitting in IMAX like fukk I forgot I coulda seen this in Dolby. These sorry ass games today that might be part of my afternoon :pachaha:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Dude is a horrible actor. My point is have it be a character who’s start up just blew up which is why he wasn't known
So, first of all your idea makes no sense because in Sonyverse, norman osborne is dead, very dead, and that was a conversation for 2 movies. “Building him up” would mean resurrecting him which doesnt work until this movie. Second, we havent seen mobius so maybe oscorp is a conversation now. Third, the idea of making norman osborne a peer of peter parker breaks everything about the entire character, and also makes harry osborne unable to exist or irrelevant.

they need to integrate oscorp into the next run of sony movies, but there was no ball dropped to me...he was dead

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I think they dropped the ball with Osborn. They could have been building him up in the Venom movies qnd Morbius flicks as building his empire post Tonys death and then intro him in the next batch of Spidey flicks. Or They could make Norman a Zuckerberg type vs being older which can excuse him not being around and known prior. Like he could he at MIT with MJ and them
Now I’m just picturing Oscorp trying to find a way to move all of their shyt into Tom’s universe. :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So, first of all your idea makes no sense because in Sonyverse, norman osborne is dead, very dead, and that was a conversation for 2 movies. “Building him up” would mean resurrecting him which doesnt work until this movie. Second, we havent seen mobius so maybe oscorp is a conversation now. Third, the idea of making norman osborne a peer of peter parker breaks everything about the entire character, and also makes harry osborne unable to exist or irrelevant.

they need to integrate oscorp into the next run of sony movies, but there was no ball dropped to me...he was dead

i presented two options for presenting a younger Norman osborn since it wouldnt make sense to present an older established one as “that ball has been dropped”. What are you talking about?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Now I’m just picturing Oscorp trying to find a way to move all of their shyt into Tom’s universe. :mjlol:

yeah thats why im like they gotta find away to place a younger dude in vs a i always been rich type dude because its not like Osborn operates in some obscure country where he can just show up and it doesnt really conflict with any logic

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i presented two options for presenting a younger Norman osborn since it wouldnt make sense to present an older established one as “that ball has been dropped”. What are you talking about?
He’s saying a younger Osborn defeats the purpose of the character.

Norman is a father figure to Peter, looks to him as more of a son than his own son. And that’s part of the dynamic Harry and Peter have once they become friends in college. It’s the underlying tension in their relationship. Making Norman Peter’s peer eradicates all of that, not only altering their relationship but altering Norman’s personality. It’s not about the actor and how good or bad they are; it’s about changing the character so much to the point it’s no longer the character and you may as well invent someone new.

You can mix and match stuff. For example, putting Harry in peters high school and make them friends. Along with the rest of Peters supporting cast that he doesn’t meet until later in life etc. or introducing certain aspects of his crime fighting career at earlier or later junctions. But you always keep the characters intact by not putting them in really weird positions. For me, Norman as a contemporary is a really weird position

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He’s saying a younger Osborn defeats the purpose of the character.

Norman is a father figure to Peter, looks to him as more of a son than his own son. And that’s part of the dynamic Harry and Peter have once they become friends in college. It’s the underlying tension in their relationship. Making Norman Peter’s peer eradicates all of that, not only altering their relationship but altering Norman’s personality. It’s not about the actor and how good or bad they are; it’s about changing the character so much to the point it’s no longer the character and you may as well invent someone new.

You can mix and match stuff. For example, putting Harry in peters high school and make them friends. Along with the rest of Peters supporting cast that he doesn’t meet until later in life etc. or introducing certain aspects of his crime fighting career at earlier or later junctions. But you always keep the characters intact by not putting them in really weird positions. For me, Norman as a contemporary is a really weird position
Younger as in not a 70 yr old (hence my start up blowing up angle). Tom Spidey can be 19-20 next flick. Which means you can do a 40-50 yr old Osborn and still maintain that relationship.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Younger as in not a 70 yr old (hence my start up blowing up angle). Tom Spidey can be 19-20 next flick. Which means you can do a 40-50 yr old Osborn and still maintain that relationship.
That would work. But I also don’t see them doing that right now after what they just did. If it were me, I’m staying away from Norman or a goblin right now. Use this moment to truly break away and do something different and not get compared to the last movie so directly. You’re setting yourself up for failure.

Now they can use some Spider-Man villains they haven’t used yet.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
I'll probably going to have to see it again, but after sitting on it for a few days now, my Spidey movie ranking go

Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man 2
No Way Home
Spider-Man
Far From Home
Spider-Man 3 :lolbron:
ASM
Homecoming
ASM 2