Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly is an idiot.

There’s a reason why the venom character has 2 solo movies and Green Goblin is relegated to simple spiderman villian.

Ill say this tho.. The Venom character has been done terrible on screen tho. The Venom character is suppose to be a hulking and menacing anti-version of spiderman. An enemy with the same powers who he cant detect with spidersense. Venom hasnt been done right once on screen whereas they have nailed GG every time.

The role GG played in this movie is the same role venom/eddie brock couldve played had they done that character right. Brock/Venom is supoose to have a deeper hatred for Parker so he couldve did the backstabbing part incredibly well.

“We are poison to you, Spider-man. We are VENOM” :banderas:
Aw. Such a kind word for me. I’m touched.

I said what I said and I know why I said it. Venom isn’t goblin. Not even close.

But like I said if you guys love him, cool. Not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's the dualities of the characters I suppose. I've always seen Venom as the definitive Spider-Man villain but I think that comes from watching the 90s Spider-Man cartoon more than anything.

Goblin's got a better cinematic track record and a better comic track record but I think the shows and games favor Venom
The shows don’t. Well let me rephrase that. The most recent shows don’t. The 90s Spider-Man one is the only one that features him because it was the 90s. But spectacular Spider-Man and every other Spider-Man feature goblin and go to great lengths to show how ill he is. Especially spectacular Spider-Man, which uses its two seasons to build to a finale featuring goblin that is executed to perfection.

The dualities thing is fine. But they rarely do anything with that in either medium. Because it turns into venom being a goofball. The games you mentioned? He’s a goofball.

I said before but I need my villain to make the hero’s life miserable and push them to a breaking point and come out better on the other side. Venom doesn’t do that for Peter. He looks cool sure and it’s a great idea, but he never pushes Peter to the brink. He never does things that make Peter question his own morals or how far he’s willing to go for justice. And a part of that is because eddie is a good dude deep down. Misguided yeah but still a good dude.

Norman, as goblin or as Norman, isn’t a good dude. He has no issues going the extra mile to kill whoever to prove a point. Venom would never. Norman has no problem killing a girlfriend or an aunt or his own flesh and blood. Eddie wouldn’t think of doing those things.

Norman and the goblin want to run a criminal empire. Venom just wants to issue his brand of justice and be a hero.

That’s why I’m not on the venom train and never was. I don’t mind him at all but I don’t think he’s this dope villain for Spider-Man because he just annoys Peter and doesn’t cost him anything.

Last edited:

yourgod

Pro
Daps
The shows don’t. Well let me rephrase that. The most recent shows don’t. The 90s Spider-Man one is the only one that features him because it was the 90s. But spectacular Spider-Man and every other Spider-Man feature goblin and go to great lengths to show how ill he is. Especially spectacular Spider-Man, which uses its two seasons to build to a finale featuring goblin that is executed to perfection.

The dualities thing is fine. But they rarely do anything with that in either medium. Because it turns into venom being a goofball. The games you mentioned? He’s a goofball.

I said before but I need my villain to make the hero’s life miserable and push them to a breaking point and come out better on the other side. Venom doesn’t do that for Peter. He looks cool sure and it’s a great idea, but he never pushes Peter to the brink. He never does things that make Peter question his own morals or how far he’s willing to go for justice. And a part of that is because eddie is a good dude deep down. Misguided yeah but still a good dude.

Norman, as goblin or as Norman, isn’t a good dude. He has no issues going the extra mile to kill whoever to prove a point. Venom would never. Norman has no problem killing a girlfriend or an aunt or his own flesh and blood. Eddie wouldn’t think of doing those things.

Norman and the goblin want to run a criminal empire. Venom just wants to issue his brand of justice and be a hero.

That’s why I’m not on the venom train and never was. I don’t mind him at all but I don’t think he’s this dope villain for Spider-Man because he just annoys Peter and doesn’t cost him anything.

I agree with you word for word and venom is one of my fav characters. I was hooked when I saw his character reveal back in the 90s with Todd’s crazy ass illustration style. But you right, venom has always been more so an annoyance and not really a big bad.

Venom needs a much better on screen presence, his movies need to damn near veer off into the horror category. Also this movie really shows the audience how much of an op osbourne is to Spider-Man. They should build up to him being the big bad like how they did thanos in the avengers

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree with you word for word and venom is one of my fav characters. I was hooked when I saw his character reveal back in the 90s with Todd’s crazy ass illustration style. But you right, venom has always been more so an annoyance and not really a big bad.

Venom needs a much better on screen presence, his movies need to damn near veer off into the horror category. Also this movie really shows the audience how much of an op osbourne is to Spider-Man. They should build up to him being the big bad like how they did thanos in the avengers
I always felt like carnage was a product of what someone wanted venom to be. Ruthless murderer with no conscience. Cletus isn’t a good dude.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

Its like comparing Taskmaster and RED SKULL for Cap, or bane and JOKER for batman...I think these guys must not know his track record. Venom is cool, but its like comparing apples and Cherries...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its like comparing Taskmaster and RED SKULL for Cap, or bane and JOKER for batman...I think these guys must not know his track record. Venom is cool, but its like comparing apples and Cherries...
To quote the brothers Thornton, it’s a different degree of homicide.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think they dropped the ball with Osborn. They could have been building him up in the Venom movies qnd Morbius flicks as building his empire post Tonys death and then intro him in the next batch of Spidey flicks. Or They could make Norman a Zuckerberg type vs being older which can excuse him not being around and known prior. Like he could he at MIT with MJ and them

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Saw it twice already in Imax and i wanna see it again. I just cant spend $70 in 3 days on spiderman...can i? :ohhh::lolbron:

I cant say more than a lot of you already said. its classic top 2 in the Marvel universe so far. Its so much shyt its gonna take weeks to digest. The Doc Ock/Spidey hand to hand combat on the bridge i dunno if yall realize mannnn...Spiderman briefly wearing the cape when it chased him that was a ode to what if spidey became sorcerer supreme...MJ still wearing the broken necklace peter bought her in Far From home ..even tho her memory of him was gone at the end. The distinctive personalities of all 3 spideys..when all 3 jumped off lady liberty like Whoooooooooo!!! I almost died :krs:
:deadrose:

OG Toby spidey is war weary but focused like og uncle or big bro...garfield spidey is heartbroken and emotional but lowkey a savage...Tom spidey was just a kid but now he a man in different typa world...of course the oscar winning performance of william dafoe he was made for this role...thats just small shyt its so many easter eggs gatdamn brehs

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Don’t care for Venom all that much. The Sony standalones have always came off as extremely corny. Don’t see the symbiote showing up until later in the college trilogy anyways, and they could go other different routes than Eddie Brock. Mac Gargan’s Venom is one.

If the post-credit scene was any indication though, I’m just glad MCU will get its own stab at utilizing the character now.

Running this back in Dolby tonight.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I think they dropped the ball with Osborn. They could have been building him up in the Venom movies qnd Morbius flicks as building his empire post Tonys death and then intro him in the next batch of Spidey flicks. Or They could make Norman a Zuckerberg type vs being older which can excuse him not being around and known prior. Like he could he at MIT with MJ and them
:whoa:
ShortSplendidFeline-max-1mb.gif

Terrible idea bro