Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goblin is one for me.

For starters, since Spider-Man 02 is canon now, the dude willingly lied to and corrupted his son. That’s sadistic shyt on any level.

Then there’s always the fact that you never know when he’s truly Norman or when he’s hustling you. And he made it personal. Thanos killed people yeah but the majority of those people came back. Whether it was all the people he blipped or someone like Loki who is back in another form. Goblin made it personal. Always has. And like joker, he’s willing to die to prove a point to corrupt the hero.

Thanos truly believes he’s doing something for the good of society or the world. Goblin has no such ideals. He’s doing it for power and to cause people heartache. The things he did to Peter in this movie, emotionally and physically, are beyond what Thanos did.

Wiping out half of existence sucks yeah but killing someone’s mother (which may is) to prove a point while telling the hero he’ll “thank you later” is next level sociopathic shyt.
Goblin is definitely a sick b*stard, but Thanos was just such a universal threat that I can't put him below GG.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's not even necessarily how much work he does do vs how much credit he gets. I can use recent examples. Shang Chi was lukewarm to me, BUT it got fairly positive reviews and Feige got credit. Eternals was panned by everyone and THAT was only on Chloe Zhao. All of a sudden it's HER vision when it's being roasted. He somehow always gets credit for wins, but the losses are assigned to everyone else when reported in the media. We ALWAYS know the directors name or the writer's name when it's a bad film or TV show, but if it's a W then Feige was there being Feige. Captain Marvel was on Brie Larson/fan interest not Feige. Black Widow being bad was on the pandemic/fan interest/ScarJo meanwhile no one knew anything about Peter Quill before GOTG and when that blew up it was "Feige is masterful at picking little known characters". No think pieces about fan interest in that case? What about the Thor movies? I've only ever see Feige and Taika get all of the credit for Ragnorak, but who did we roast for The Dark World and the original?

Coogler got a TON of credit for Black Panther’s success.

Although that may be the exception to the rule. Feige basically got second hand credit for not fukking with Coogler’s vision

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Goblin is definitely a sick b*stard, but Thanos was just such a universal threat that I can't put him below GG.
That’s real. I get it. I like nikkas who make it personal tho. That’s the shyt that always hits me the hardest. Goblin, joker, Ock to a degree, even Ego. There are unwritten rules of the road with bad guys and good guys. The bad guys who throw those rules away are the ones who affect me

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
After seeing this shyt for a third time (don’t judge me) I really don’t get the venom love when goblin is right there and was always there. There is nothing about eddie, not in the comics not in any adaptation, that comes close to goblin on screen or on paper. At the most he’s an annoyance to Peter

I saw Black Panther ten times in theaters breh. Go nuts:pachaha:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
“Normans on sabbatical, honey”
“These aren’t curses. They’re gifts. Gods don’t have to choose. They take!”
“Powerful enough to have whatever you want. Too weak to take it!”
“Your weakness is your morality, Peter. It’s choking you. Can you feel it?”
“You tried to fix me. Well now I’m going to fix you.”
“You’ll thank me for it later”
“Poor, Peter. Too weak to send me back?”

Norman was spitting sermons. Not Bane level sermons but sermons nonetheless

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
another nice detail I noticed…all traces of Peter got wiped out and both of his suits were created by Tony specifically for Peter. They probably don’t recognize him as the owner anymore. So he had to sew a new suit. I imagine the Edith glasses don’t work anymore either

My guy a tier 1 seamstress now :wow: