Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So

even the avengers don’t know who Spider-Man is anymore?

if that’s the case I’m glad. And I hope this

ends the mcu/Sony collaboration. This was a dope movie. But making old Sony movies cannon in the MCU is :scusthov: I don’t think that was ever the plan. I’d rather Spider-Man be contained. Sony can keep Holland.
Man you’re out the loop. Amy and Kevin doing interviews on tv and in the New York Times saying they’re working on the next installment and won’t put fans through that again.

Damn you mad right now

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
did you guys actually like Electro? as far as i'm concerned he's 0-2, but i can actually justify Max from garbage ass ASM2 more. Cool, slick Jamie Foxx as Electro fukkin sucked. At least you're supposed to be manipulated into feeling bad for the nerdy version. He looked cool when he was at max power for that 43 seconds in the 3rd act, but i pretty much disliked him more than anyone else in the movie

Bruh Jamie Foxx was excellent :hhh:

You might be a cac/c00n:troll:

Daps
thanos-thanos-arrives.gif

The official rule is no open spoilers in the official thread until a week later.

The Film Room actually voted on this, before people start complaining. It was lop sided in favor of that, by around 80%.

If people wonder
0nPX60l.png
"why come into a thread if you haven't seen the movie?!"....keep in mind most of this site (the entire Coli) comes here for trusted opinions from "regular" people about movies and TV shows. They look at the official thread as reviews from people they know, so to speak.

Having said all that, people seem to be using the spoiler tags anyway out of respect. Which is cool. And given how popular this movie is, open spoilers should be fine Monday the 20tth.

Fred.

Breh took a hiatus and came back to the Film Room on fire like Donald glover:mjgrin:

Amazing Spiderman 3 has to happen after that performance by Garfield.

Another addition to the GOATFIELDgang :mjgrin:

Now I want that Andrew to come back again and do TASM3

And another one :lolbron:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
After seeing this shyt for a third time (don’t judge me) I really don’t get the venom love when goblin is right there and was always there. There is nothing about eddie, not in the comics not in any adaptation, that comes close to goblin on screen or on paper. At the most he’s an annoyance to Peter
This is where you and I are in concert. I dont care about the whole venom universe, the necrosword or whatever, the offspring of venom, the hivemind, etc....

I would have, had they kept venom and spidey like sabretooth and wolverine...a lifetime stalker and threat but no real danger other than annoyance and some bloodloss....venom was somewhat intruiging as Agent Venom, since there was some good writing there...but spiderman’s best opps have always been doc oc, goblin, kraven, and what ill call his street level rogues (kingpin, hammerhead, mr negative, tombstone, etc)

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is where you and I are in concert. I dont care about the whole venom universe, the necroswoed or whatever, the offspring of venom, the hivemind, etc....

I would have, had they kept venom and spidey like sabretooth and wolverine...a lifetime stalker and threat but no real danger other than annoyance and some bloodloss....venom was somewhat intruiging as Agent Venom, since there was some good writing there...but spiderman’s best opps have always been doc oc, goblin, kraven, and what ill call his street level rogues (kingpin, hammerhead, mr negative, tombstone, etc)
Word for word :salute:

The best thing about venom is his look. That’s it. And at present moment, I don’t see how anything involving venom moves peter’s story forward based on how this movie ended.

if he’s truly establishing himself as a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man then he needs to fight neighborhood threats. Venom is bigger than that.

Daps
He could, sure - but let's be conservative and say the next trilogy takes about 7 years starting from now (with big event MCU cameos sprinkled in), he'll be 32 at that point with a ton of miles on his tires.

He's already spoken about not wanting to commit to the role beyond 30 because of the amount of time you devote and the toll it takes on your body. Some of that was for leverage in his new contract negotiations, but I don't think it was all fabricated. He'll show up for a major Spider-Verse scenario but I'd be shocked if he's doing a full blown 3rd trilogy between 32 and 40.

If that boy is smart, he'll take them checks as long as marvel is cutting them. He got the juice right now and could even be the new RDJ of the universe, the role that Chadwick (rip) was supposed to have as the face of the MCU.

Another thing about this movie is it made me like Andrew Garfield Spidey more.

In his own movies I was kind of meh on him, but dude really shined here, to the extent I might go back and rewatch the ASM movies to see if I like them more.

:yeshrug: I thought he was fine in both this movie and ASM2, although I slightly preferred him in ASM2

Granted, he was much less sympathetic in this one but that was intentional. He didn't steal the show or anything but I thought he was fine.

GOATfieldset:salute:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
another nice detail I noticed…all traces of Peter got wiped out and both of his suits were created by Tony specifically for Peter. They probably don’t recognize him as the owner anymore. So he had to sew a new suit. I imagine the Edith glasses don’t work anymore either

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How y'all rate the MCU villains now? My list goes

1. Thanos
2. Green Goblin
3. Killmonger
4. Loki
Goblin is one for me.

For starters, since Spider-Man 02 is canon now, the dude willingly lied to and corrupted his son. That’s sadistic shyt on any level.

Then there’s always the fact that you never know when he’s truly Norman or when he’s hustling you. And he made it personal. Thanos killed people yeah but the majority of those people came back. Whether it was all the people he blipped or someone like Loki who is back in another form. Goblin made it personal. Always has. And like joker, he’s willing to die to prove a point to corrupt the hero.

Thanos truly believes he’s doing something for the good of society or the world. Goblin has no such ideals. He’s doing it for power and to cause people heartache. The things he did to Peter in this movie, emotionally and physically, are beyond what Thanos did.

Wiping out half of existence sucks yeah but killing someone’s mother (which may is) to prove a point while telling the hero he’ll “thank you later” is next level sociopathic shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
And I dont see him wanting to retire since he is young and this role is really setting him up as a cultural icon (literally generations that are kids now and will be born later will see him as THE Spiderman).
Holland had said he doesn’t see himself playing the character passed the age of 30. He’s 25 now so i’m guessing he’a got 1 more trilogy in him before he hangs it up

yourgod

Pro
Daps
Fire ass movie! Tom wasn’t ready for dat goblin, he ain’t level up enough for him yet. If anything this movie made me more hype for the next strange movie. I’m hoping they take the kid gloves off and really show how OP he is. We got bits and pieces of it in this movie but of course they had to reel him in a bit and show Spider-Man son my guy a little bit.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Holland gas said he doesn’t see himself playing the character passed the age of 30z. He’s 25 now so i’m guessing he’a got 1 more trilogy in him before he hangs it up
He also walked that back last week and went with the dreaded “misquoted.”

He amended it to it being less about whether he wants to keep playing it and more about is he stopping someone else from playing the role if someone is better for it at that time. Is he blocking an opportunity? And he doesn’t want to do that