Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Holland could literally do this for the next 20 yrs lmfao, and this film kinda solidifies him as "Spiderman 1" pun intended.
Honestly I could see Holland doing two more trilogies if he actually wants to. They casted him young for a reason.

There was talk of a middle trilogy with him in college and then a final trilogy with a more adult late 20s/30s Spidey.

Now I'm not saying he wants to, I don't know, but Holland is only 25 (and looks younger) so dude can play Spidey for another 15-20 years if he really wants to.
He could, sure - but let's be conservative and say the next trilogy takes about 7 years starting from now (with big event MCU cameos sprinkled in), he'll be 32 at that point with a ton of miles on his tires.

He's already spoken about not wanting to commit to the role beyond 30 because of the amount of time you devote and the toll it takes on your body. Some of that was for leverage in his new contract negotiations, but I don't think it was all fabricated. He'll show up for a major Spider-Verse scenario but I'd be shocked if he's doing a full blown 3rd trilogy between 32 and 40.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Honestly I could see Holland doing two more trilogies if he actually wants to. They casted him young for a reason.

There was talk of a middle trilogy with him in college and then a final trilogy with a more adult late 20s/30s Spidey.

Now I'm not saying he wants to, I don't know, but Holland is only 25 (and looks younger) so dude can play Spidey for another 15-20 years if he really wants to.

its all but confirmed that the next Spidey will

be a Venom crossover

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
You guys really want 6 more movies of this spider man?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He could, sure - but let's be conservative and say the next trilogy takes about 7 years starting from now (with big event MCU cameos sprinkled in), he'll be 32 at that point with a ton of miles on his tires.

He's already spoken about not wanting to commit to the role beyond 30 because of the amount of time you devote and the toll it takes on your body. Some of that was for leverage in his new contract negotiations, but I don't think it was all fabricated. He'll show up for a major Spider-Verse scenario but I'd be shocked if he's doing a full blown 3rd trilogy between 32 and 40.

breh we probably getting 2 more Spidey flicks before 2030 lmfaooo

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why wrap it up arbitrarily when Sony would just reboot to keep the license?

Exactly, they're going to put out a Spidey movie every 2-3 years anyway, so no point rebooting the franchise unnecessarily early.

IMO it's basically just a matter of when Holland wants to retire from the role and not much else.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Why wrap it up arbitrarily when Sony would just reboot to keep the license?
Unless they make a Spider-Man movie as bad as the last Fantastic 4 movie, and whoever made it is green lit for another, i’m giving every Spider-Man the day one treatment and always have :manny:

the franchise is $500mm lock as a rock bottom downside

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Exactly, they're going to put out a Spidey movie every 2-3 years anyway, so no point rebooting the franchise unnecessarily early.

IMO it's basically just a matter of when Holland wants to retire from the role and not much else.

And I dont see him wanting to retire since he is young and this role is really setting him up as a cultural icon (literally generations that are kids now and will be born later will see him as THE Spiderman).

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry:

Man even tho we all knew it was gonna happen from the trailers, Andrew saving MJ still gave me the feels.

Aunt May's didnt really hit like the original Uncle Ben or Qwen Stacey

There were early rumors that Kristen Durst was supposed to make a cameo appearance when Tobey went back to his Universe and we would all see then together with a child.