Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
So we back to this? Im asking questions you dont answer any.

Who do you think is the more popular spiderman, Mcguire or Garfield?

that's been my entire point, idiot.

i could give a fukk less about who's popular of the two.

it's just amusing you're claiming people's theatrical experiences are lies because they don't match yours.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Even Macguire's 3rd Spidey trumps Garfield's 2, Holland's can't really stand on its own with all the other MCU arcs and characters tied into his films.

But regardless, this one is top 5....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly.

Feige wasn't the overlord of the story. I think he was mostly "involved" so they could add Dr. Strange in the end. People forget he was also involved in the 10 rings (meh), black widow (bleh), and the eternals (meh). We'll see how good he is running the MCU when he isn't using cliff notes from one of the greatest comic book sagas ever written (The Infinity Gauntlet and if I'm being really real he didn't nail that in the way it should've been either). The movies that were the best movies where the ones where the film makers were able to lend their sauce to the pot instead of the other way around. Cougler, Waititi, Favreau, and Gunn should get a lot more credit than Feige.
Yeah I can’t speak to all of these but the Spider-Man movies are full on collabs. It’s not just his vision. It’s the writers, the director, and Amy and Tom. A lot of unsung heroes need to start getting songs written about them

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I can’t speak to all of these but the Spider-Man movies are full on collabs. It’s not just his vision. It’s the writers, the director, and Amy and Tom. A lot of unsung heroes need to start getting songs written about them
We really need a documentary on the whole MCU process
I know they won't do it now because it's like sharing trade secrets but I need to know how they do it :sadcam:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The movies in whole weren't very good, but he absolutely nails Peter/Spiderman in every way. If you ask me, he has two of my favorite Spidey scenes from all of the movies.

always been my contention. I like the first one and don’t like the second as much even tho there are moments. But those moments are because of him. He’s the thing keeping both movies afloat and all of the good moments stem from him. He nails it. Just needed better pieces around him with a more assured vision

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We really need a documentary on the whole MCU process
I know they won't do it now because it's like sharing trade secrets but I need to know how they do it :sadcam:
The bond franchise is the same way tho. Yes the producers have a lot of say and they’re the ultimate keepers of the flame, but they collab with everyone. The writers, directors, and actors all bring their ideas to the table.

Tom even said they were doing rewrites on the fly with this movie and he put his foot down when he didn’t like the original ending. And they changed it lol.

On a Batman 89 doc, one of the producers, John peters I believe, said a script is a blueprint. It’s not sacred text. And it changes during production of every movie no matter how tight pre production is because all those creatives in one place get ideas in the moment.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Post-hype clarity has worn off for me, done a rewatch last night, and NWH is still one of the best Spider-Man movies ever. Between this, SM2, and Into the Spider-Verse, I honestly can’t rank them. Each of these could be #1 on any given day.

I put this up there because of how much of a game-changer it is to Tom’s story. Peter stepped up in Homecoming, woke up in FFH, and grew up in NWH. Tone and story wise it’s the perfect segueway into the college trilogy, and now the upper-echelon, street-level villains like Kingpin, Tombstone, and Mr. Negative don’t feel so crazy to include now.

Last edited:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I almost shed a tear when Tobey Bryant made his return :mjcry:

Andrew Garfield :wow:

Willam Dafoe was pure :demonic: and further proof that they killed him off too soon in the OG Spiderman movies

This movie was a dream come true and for that its top 3 MCU film for me

Last edited:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
One thing I don't understand, well like I'll say, is how
easily Spiderman got Dr. Strange together. I thought Strange was GOAT status but the way Spidey played him makes me :francis:. And how the hell was Ned able to open a portal so easily while it took Strange...you know what, nvm. Hopefully Wanda doesn't mop him up in his own movie

:mjlol:
acc8503cbf11f0362024efceffcae1c3.gif