Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Technically it wasn't his fault. The spell didn't change anybody's location. They were in the city they were in. So that's the city he was in before and that's where he was once he got ported over.

I mean, I guess he could have caught a plane if you wanted him to show up that much.

I was mostly joking, I don’t think we really needed him to get involved. A cameo was just fine

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My complaint was always, and I’m not the only one so this isn’t news, is that he was fighting iron man’s battles for two movies. The villains were less of a reaction to him and more of a reaction to someone else that he was representing. They did a good job with that but the movies were less about Peter standing on his own and more about Peter being a proxy. They had beef with him because of someone else.

This movie really is about him and his fukk ups and trials and tribulations and finally paying the price for his previous reckless behavior.

You summed up my feelings precisely. I put the first two of this trilogy at 4/5 in the live action movies, after this (yep that fukkin fast :mjgrin:) OG 2, and OG1. But still all of the five are 8 and up.

The respect they gave Tobey and Willem real deal brought a twinkle to my eye :wow: kid me was watching it right with me

I’m something of a scientist myself :skip:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was really well done, a bit slow to start and uneven as Peter is first encountering the villans but it the whole movie flipped a switch

when Peter's spidey sense starts to kick in at Happy's condo and the Green Goblin takes over - they really nailed Peter's anxiety slowly building and Willem Dafoe is a great actor and changed the tone of the movie in a huge way. From then on out, it was great. They did well managing the efforts from Tobey/Andrew, it felt natural enough and they gave them enough meat on the bone to make their appearances mean something and not just be fan service

Tom, Tobey & Andrew were all great. Ned & MJ were strong characters considering how out of their depth they are

I thought Dafoe was just fantastic though

Strange really wasnt able to escape Peter's webbing for 12 hours though :dahell: :skip:
Most intense part of the movie IMO.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But that’s Peter lol. Calling the plot bullshyt because he was in character making the normal mistakes he would make doesn’t make sense to me. He’s often his worst enemy because he can’t leave well enough alone. He makes it worse when trying to make it better. And pays the price.
What I mean to say is the plot was weak. I'm not disputing anything you said in regards to Peter making mistakes, and I like the payoff for his actions in the end.

But the "Let's save all the villains and turn them into their true selves by creating a special antidote in a day for all of them" seemed super silly and convenient.

I'm sure I come off like I didn't enjoy this movie and wasn't smiling ear to ear the entire time (I was), but I can't pretend like I wasn't underwhelmed with the plot. Like I said, it's the most I enjoyed a MCU film since Infinity War so ultimately it didn't affect much because everything else landed.

Daps
Think he’s basing that off Sonys leaked emails in 2014. Apparently Garfield may have indeed ended up in the MCU eventually. He got fired for no showing an event that was supposed to announce TASM 3. Allegedly Andrew was sick which is why he missed it.

There’s a timeline where Andrew is still playing Spider-Man in the MCU and the Sonyverse
:wow:

So that's what happened :ohhh:

Link me please.

I never did know what went down. When they announced spiderman joining the MCU, at the time I was really excited cause I assumed they were talking about Andy as his movies were coming out at the same time as the MCU was active. When they recasted him, I was mad.

I really like Andy.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was really well done, a bit slow to start and uneven as Peter is first encountering the villans but it the whole movie flipped a switch

when Peter's spidey sense starts to kick in at Happy's condo and the Green Goblin takes over - they really nailed Peter's anxiety slowly building and Willem Dafoe is a great actor and changed the tone of the movie in a huge way. From then on out, it was great. They did well managing the efforts from Tobey/Andrew, it felt natural enough and they gave them enough meat on the bone to make their appearances mean something and not just be fan service

Tom, Tobey & Andrew were all great. Ned & MJ were strong characters considering how out of their depth they are

I thought Dafoe was just fantastic though

Strange really wasnt able to escape Peter's webbing for 12 hours though :dahell: :skip:
I LOVE how much more they utilized the spider sense in this one.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I'm I reaching with this thought?

I feel like they were throwing subs at DC with Flash's book being named Flashpoint. Everyone that was reading it had a :hhh: face.
You know with them bringing back an old actor with the new ones in that movie.

Either way this movie was fire and sent me back to the Saturdays I spent eating ceral in my pajamas watching

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know they’ve only did it like once or twice… but this was a movie that needed 3 after credit scenes.

Like I wish they would’ve had something else. I don’t what…. But just something. Like if they really bout to bring in F4 and Tom is gonna stay in the universe.

Maybe a teaser to that (since we still too far out for Mutants) or maybe something with Fury since his name dropped already and Secret Wars is coming

There’s leakers claiming that they’ve already cast the F4 and it will be announced soon but I’m taking that with an extreme grain of salt :skip:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm I reaching with this thought?

I feel like they were throwing subs at DC with Flash's book being named Flashpoint. Everyone that was reading it had a :hhh: face.
You know with them bringing back an old actor with the new ones in that movie.

Either way this movie was fire and sent me back to the Saturdays I spent eating ceral in my pajamas watching

I didn’t check out the rxn’s but I definitely took it at least as an acknowledgement, one would almost have to :pachaha:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
There’s leakers claiming that they’ve already cast the F4 and it will be announced soon but I’m taking that with an extreme grain of salt :skip:

Oh that’s news to me. I don’t know whether to search for that or just wait :mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know they’ve only did it like once or twice… but this was a movie that needed 3 after credit scenes.

Like I wish they would’ve had something else. I don’t what…. But just something. Like if they really bout to bring in F4 and Tom is gonna stay in the universe.

Maybe a teaser to that (since we still too far out for Mutants) or maybe something with Fury since his name dropped already and Secret Wars is coming

Imma be honest I real deal think I hit my piff limit with what they had. Any more my brain mighta exploded in my seat