Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This was definitely a great movie, but I don’t think it needs to be used as a “hit piece” for everything leading up to it.

Yea I get everyone wanted to see this movie badly and didn’t necessarily ask for the other films (and really not familiar with a lot of their history) but everything has its lane.

I’ve enjoyed everything about Phase 4 and it’s not over my head that we coming off a 2020 when absolutely NOTHING was dropping

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I’m with him tho. He never needed “redemption” for what he did with the character.

Even here he’s the one guy who truly played Peter Parker as Peter is today. Tom will get there because he’s now suffered loss and will deal with peters self doubt and existential crisis shyt but Andrew’s Peter is there now. That scene where he said he’s lame and got a pep talk is basically older Peter telling younger Peter it’ll be okay. You got this. Words Peter still needs to hear today.
I agree with both of y’all points too. I hope @NinoBrown can expound more on what he originally said, because right now I feel like I misunderstood what he was getting at.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That goes back to our discussion though about “actually” a while back.

Tobey and Andrew and Peter are different interpretations. They are cinematic interpretations. Y’all have to let them breathe. They are not 1960s comic versions. Let the director make their own story.
I let them breathe. I like two/three lol. I can like or love Tom while also loving Andrew more. Tom plays Peter and Marty Mcfly. His words. So obviously I love that. Clearly I love that.

Andrew plays Peter tho. So I’m always going to lean more to him because Peter is my favorite character in anything. Ever. It’s just like Bond. My favorite two bonds are the ones who play him closer to the version of Bond I prefer. While not being mad at anyone who thinks Roger Moore or pierce is the shyt. That’s their right. I get it.

I love what I love for my reasons :manny:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
since no top level hero knows who he is anymore and Marvel has to loan Sony a character every Spidey film, who should be the supporting hero/villain for the next film?

i say follow up on the Murdock scene and have him and Daredevil go against Kingpin and Tombstone who are having a turf war.. he gets the symbiote in this film. Meets Miles Morales

2nd movie guest character with Blade vs Morbius

3rd movie with miles becoming the new Spider-Man with Peter vs Venom

slow build to Spidey vs Venom :yeshrug:

whenever x men debut, I wanna see Spidey on screen with Wolverine or Deadpool in something… Deadpool should break the 4th wall and bring up the spell pretending he forgot

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My boy said “well this just makes me say Tom ia the best Spider-Man. I said “actually it just made me miss Andrew more” lol like you said he’s the most comic accurate Peter and Spider-Man. This isn’t saying Tom is bad at all and I think he’ll get there with the next set of movies because they’ll have a different emotional context. But Andrew nails everything Peter is, for better or worse.
Exactly

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I understand they had to do it to sell the movie (I guess), but how dope would it have been if none of the trailers had Doc Ock, Goblin, Electro, Sandman or Lizard.......god damn that would have been a whole set of moments each time one of them showed up if nobody knew.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again. Tobey and Tom match peoples idea of who Peter is. Andrew matches who peter actually is. Which is a big difference.
I think all 3 are valid versions. Tobey is the spiderman from his amazing fantasy origin. Andrew is the spiderman we grew up with. Tom is a bit of both, and more like the spectacular spiderman animated series, and ultimate spiderman.

this is tobey
1.jpg

this is andrew...natural with the wisecracks and confident in battle
3770552-3434.png

image-asset.jpeg

Tom is most like spectacular in terms of confidence but charm combined

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Tom: "I don't mean to brag, but I was in a group called The Avengers. :youngsabo:"
Tobey: "The Avengers? :gladbron: That's great! :krs:"
Tom: "Yeah. :jawalrus:"
Tobey: "What is that? :unimpressed:"
Andrew: "Is that a band or something? :childplease:"

Tobey and Andrew were like "We don't need no group called The Avengers. We handle our own problems."

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Tom: "I don't mean to brag, but I was in a group called The Avengers. :youngsabo:"
Tobey: "The Avengers? :gladbron: That's great! :krs:"
Tom: "Yeah. :jawalrus:"
Tobey: "What is that? :unimpressed:"
Andrew: "Is that a band or something? :childplease:"

Tobey and Andrew were like "We don't need no group called The Avengers. We handle our own problems."
Legit LOL at that

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I understand they had to do it to sell the movie (I guess), but how dope would it have been if none of the trailers had Doc Ock, Goblin, Electro, Sandman or Lizard.......god damn that would have been a whole set of moments each time one of them showed up if nobody knew.
Man you know Sony love spoiling shyt. Marvel has the balls to do it lol.

basically why I didn’t watch past trailer 1

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think all 3 are valid versions. Tobey is the spiderman from his amazing fantasy origin. Andrew is the spiderman we grew up with. Tom is a bit of both, and more like the spectacular spiderman animated series, and ultimate spiderman.

this is tobey
1.jpg

this is andrew...natural with the wisecracks and confident in battle
3770552-3434.png

image-asset.jpeg

Tom is most like spectacular in terms of confidence but charm combined
I can get with Tom being more like spec spidey. honestly Greg Weismann’s interpretation spidey is my favorite of all of them. It’s like bruce Timm’s Batman.

the thing about Tobey tho, and I was fine with it for one flick but less part one and two, is there’s no growth. Even in those initial issues, Peter is growing and showing he’s an a$$hole too lol. He clowns people, says snide shyt under his breath, and is a lot like doc ock. Talking about his intellect and how the world will bow to the power of the Spider-Man etc etc. because he’s really lashing out as a kid always picked on.

There are merits to what he does definitely. And I get why cats love him. He’s not my cup of tea tho but I’m not mad at it. I like fukking with people to make them think I am lol but shyt is cool. People loving Spider-Man, whatever incarnation, is a good thing.