Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I never understood this hot take at all. Outside of looking like a 30 year old in high school, he doesnt act like Peter at all. He acts like Spiderman in front of flash, an asocial nerd in front of Gwen and a rebellious teenager skater punk to every other adult and a tech geek when alone. And this is pre bite. The sequel sucked by Peter's character was more consistent. Garfield would've been a better adult Peter. He looks the part more than any other live action version.

This is actually why I thought Garfield was the best also..

He doesn't act like the clueless, goofy kid like the current Spiderman does.

Also, Garfield had the best story line

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I never understood this hot take at all. Outside of looking like a 30 year old in high school, he doesnt act like Peter at all. He acts like Spiderman in front of flash, an asocial nerd in front of Gwen and a rebellious teenager skater punk to every other adult and a tech geek when alone. And this is pre bite. The sequel sucked by Peter's character was more consistent. Garfield would've been a better adult Peter. He looks the part more than any other live action version.
IMO it’s no different than how people go crazy over Michael Keaton Batman for no reason
Nostalgia

Daps

cosign this

i thought Garfield nailed the humor and personality of Peter down, but as a more grown up version of him where he is comfortable in his skin

him stunting on Flash by dunking on him, being a cool skater kid etc all seem like antithesis to who Peter is growing up

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But he's a kid,his Aunt could have just told him he had to go so he did:pachaha:

If Hulks mama gave him an order I'm sure he would still listen too.

gqM31lf.gif

Fred.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People love Andrew. its like Dalton and Bond. Even if some people dont like living daylights (charlatans) or license to kill, they love his bond. Andrew's spider-man and Peter are well liked within the spider-man fanbase because he, ya know, nailed it.

Trailer is dope. pumpkin bomb got me hype and im dying to see what alterations they make to the Goblin.

that's really it tho lol. it was just a combination of shots out of context and first act set up.

This is called carrying a movie folks:wow:

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
My brain sees them as Peter at different points of his life. It goes:

Holland = High School Peter who is Rookie Spider-Man
Maguire = Early Adult/College/Daily Bugle Peter who is an experienced Spider-Man
Garfield = Adult/High School Teacher Peter who is Cocky, Trash talking, Avenger Spider-Man

:yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I also hope they dont dumb down Strange but my point was that Peter has the weight of the world on his shoulders ... he didnt go there because his girlfriend dumped him, to minimize it to 'teenage angst' seemed funny to me
I understand your point but the movie's trailer shows us that instead of asking for a magical fix for his being wrongly accused (which is his biggest problem), Pete just wants to have his secret identity back.
Even if having the secret identity back means he would still be an accused murderer as Spider-Man.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I need people to stop saying it's time travel though, not even sure why people assume that out the gate.

:mjlol: Who's saying that?!!?:bryan: Do people not understand the concept of the multiverse???

:stopitslime:No one said anything about time travel, but time is an essential element of any multiverse, which is why Dr. Strange says the following in the trailer: "We tampered with the stability of space-time, the multiverse is a concept about which we know little."

Scientists who actually study the concept of multiverses describe the concept as "an ensemble of innumerable regions of disconnected space-time".

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:No one said anything about time travel, but time is an essential element of any multiverse, which is why Dr. Strange says the following in the trailer: "We tampered with the stability of space-time, the multiverse is a concept about which we know little."

Scientists who actually study the concept of multiverses describe the concept as "an ensemble of innumerable regions of disconnected space-time".
A ton of people have mentioned time manipulation, read through the thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A ton of people have mentioned time manipulation, read through the thread
Well if what Alfred Molina said about Doctor Octopus being plucked from his universe at the point right before he died in Spider-Man 2 that means there is a time travel element mixed into the alternate universe stuff.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is there any chance Miles Morales is in this movie? It seems ridiculous that they haven't done a live action version of Miles Morales yet, with his huge popularity.

THeres still money to be made with Into The Spiderverse,wouldn't make sense yet.

It was always stupid for Spiderman to be some emo bullied nerd,or a nerd to the extremes of Urkel. then put a suit on and all of a sudden become some witty shyt talker anyway. It fits with the story line that Garfield was how he was. He appeared mostly like a loner in the movie,but he stood up for others. When he got the powers it just made him more of what he was. Somebody used to only worrying about themselves,not worried what others thought,and a "rebellious skater punk" attitude. Except he was doing all of this with criminals instead of other highschoolers. Garfields version was so much more realistic than shy,nerdy Tobey all of a sudden becoming some bad ass tough guy after Uncle Ben dies:mjlol:. Garfileds Spiderman was basically who his Peter would be, if he had no consequences due to having new power. How Peter acts is harmless as Peter,but dangerous as Spiderman. The whole idea is to remain Peter,be a little better Peter because he has to due to having power. It ties in the whole "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility":mindblown:.

It went over yalls heads,so here's your Leave it to Beaver,debate nerd,who occasionally talks shyt with Bodega owners,attracts the most popular girls,lives a very nice social life.Holland is too damn consistent.

Tobys jump from Peter to Spiderman in terms of personality was too extreme and unrealistic. Holland I see no difference in his Peter and Spiderman. Garfields Spiderman is just right,being only a slight enhancement of who he was.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well if what Alfred Molina said about Doctor Octopus being plucked from his universe at the point right before he died in Spider-Man 2 that means there is a time travel element mixed into the alternate universe stuff.

Nah, that's not time travel.

Time travel would be Doc Ock being pulled from right before he dies and placed at some point in the future in his own time line.

Him being pulled from his time line into another one where he never existed is the multi-verse.

Fred.