Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Sooooo, JOHN SINGLETON who grew up there and recapturing how he envisioned it was all CAP?
Where you think I’m from?
A quick google search will tell you south Central has always been economically deprived
That’s why ready rock took off
Cause it’s looks nice doesn’t mean a thing

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Thanks. I figured there was some kind of "The Shield"-like real estate scam with that politician, but I couldn't figure out how it worked.

You think they just want us to dislike him NOW?
I think they've wanted us to hate him since season 2.
I think the subtleties of people disliking Franklin have been building for awhile, but not everybody truly dislikes him fully, as evidenced by the responses in this thread with cats Juelzing for him with this bookstore situation.

Seems like they're gonna get more blatant with it going forward....and that makes sense, when this all started people were sympathetic towards him and his family. I think the intent is to see all that slowly changing.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Of course, which is prolly what had Saint even more fukked up. It feel like the last bit of love he had for others left him after Mel shot him. I think that gave him an added coldness to him.

Frfr, the cane/limp might just be a metaphor of this emotional mutation.

Outside of being a cop and gettin Saint’s spots raided, Andre in a vacuum was a good person. With that said, Saint kinda had to do it. Had Andre just left with Mel and never looked back he’d still be alive. Ngl, I was really hoping that he would do that and then come back later in S4 to expose the CIA angle.

Yeah, Andre's death was a disappointment considering what he had cooking.

On the flip side, Saint had enough money by that point that he could have stopped pushing drugs through his own neighborhood and moved on to other things. I don't blame Andre for not wanting his neighborhood ruined by Franklin, but he should have kept it to himself.

Side note: both of Franklin's bodies were on some cowardly shyt (shooting his friend in the back and his neighbor while he was leaning over a table). I don't think he has ever busted a gun at an opp.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Right. Franklin isn't even an antihero. He's the villain of the story. He had no motivation to get into drug dealing. Jerome didn't even want him to do it. He took it upon himself to get in the game.
Again, I think most people are gradually arriving to that point. Most were rooting for him to GET more "gangsta" during seasons 1 or 2....so I think the intent has been to reverse that thinking,

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The recipe was gonna break out sooner or later. And that's just proof Franklin cares more about money than people
Kevin was about to have all of them dead, about to start a war with the Mexicans/Cartel.

That was Franklin's biggest issue with the situation.

Two workers were explicitly told not to do something. They did it, got killed.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I got all kinds of played on this episode. I forgot this was only episode 3, but they had episode 4 trailers up since last week. I was expecting to see what happened to Louie, and those Inglewood girls bussin on a funeral. Interesting episode none the less. We already knew Reed was dangerous, but :lupe:

Token Moltisanti

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
I got all kinds of played on this episode. I forgot this was only episode 3, but they had episode 4 trailers up since last week. I was expecting to see what happened to Louie, and those Inglewood girls bussin on a funeral. Interesting episode none the less. We already knew Reed was dangerous, but :lupe:
A lot were confused because that trailer was for the entire season

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Kevin was about to have all of them dead, about to start a war with the Mexicans/Cartel.

That was Franklin's biggest issue with the situation.

Two workers were explicitly told not to do something. They did it, got killed.

So he respects rules that some random Mexicans made up over the lives of his crew?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So he respects rules that some random Mexicans made up over the lives of his crew?

You can't sell drugs in someone else's territory/neighborhood without expecting backlash. Those aren't Mexican rules, those are drug dealing rules.

If you've got the power/muscle to take over, then:manny:

But Franklin didn't, his crew was small as hell, most of them didn't even know how to use guns. You sell in someone else's territory without the muscle to withstand what comes next, then shyt might go bad, which is what happened.

Which is why Franklin and Jerome told everyone not to sell on Pico. Mexicans sent them a warning, Kevin was about to respond recklessly, putting everyone's lives in danger.