Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Owners of the book store refused to sell, that kept delaying the city councilman’s apartment complex project, costing him time and money. Franklin knew the couple so he saw it as an opportunity to sell them on a dream, and buy it so he could flip it to the councilman and get in good graces with him. It looks fukked up on the surface, and to an extent it is - but like Frank and his mom said, they were gonna lose that building one way or another. At least with this route they got paid a bunch of money and were offered a bigger property a mile away.

Franklin's gonna have a financial stake in the project, which is another legit stream of revenue, but beyond that doing business with the councilman gets him in a powerful inner circle that involves The Mayor. That's how he made one phone call and got officer Nix relocated.

Thanks. I figured there was some kind of "The Shield"-like real estate scam with that politician, but I couldn't figure out how it worked.
FIRST thing I thought, too, when she looked in that mirror.

Also, I feel like they're trying to prep us to DISLIKE Franklin now. He's starting to get more scumbaggish, maybe they're doing it so that when he finally goes down we'll feel like he deserved it and won't feel so bad for him. That was pretty blatant how he sold that couple out.

You think they just want us to dislike him NOW?
I think they've wanted us to hate him since season 2.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thanks. I figured there was some kind of "The Shield"-like real estate scam with that politician, but I couldn't figure out how it worked.

Right. Franklin isn't even an antihero. He's the villain of the story. He had no motivation to get into drug dealing. Jerome didn't even want him to do it. He took it upon himself to get in the game.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Right. Franklin isn't even an antihero. He's the villain of the story. He had no motivation to get into drug dealing. Jerome didn't even want him to do it. He took it upon himself to get in the game.
He wasn't even poor. In season 1 his neighborhood was considered an "upscale" neighborhood. He's not pulling himself out of the slums, he's putting everyone around him into the slums.

If you look at the opening credits scene from Season 3, it's obvious.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

Killing Kevin + that scene where Andre showed him the destruction he was causing and he didn't gvie a shyt. And I know Andre was a cop but I found the way Franklin killed him to be bytch made.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Mel was justified though.

Of course, which is prolly what had Saint even more fukked up. It feel like the last bit of love he had for others left him after Mel shot him. I think that gave him an added coldness to him.

Frfr, the cane/limp might just be a metaphor of this emotional mutation.

Killing Kevin + that scene where Andre showed him the destruction he was causing and he didn't gvie a shyt. And I know Andre was a cop but I found the way Franklin killed him to be bytch made.

Outside of being a cop and gettin Saint’s spots raided, Andre in a vacuum was a good person. With that said, Saint kinda had to do it. Had Andre just left with Mel and never looked back he’d still be alive. Ngl, I was really hoping that he would do that and then come back later in S4 to expose the CIA angle.