Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Franklin trying to play Manboy & Skully against each other reminds me of when Stringer Bell tried to play Omar & Brother Mouzone against each other in The Wire.
I’m scared for cuz.

Some interesting parallels between Franklin & Stringer...

-both have a “business first, force only if necessary” mentality
-both have a partner who was a soldier/with the shyts (Leon, Avon)
-both tried to utilize snitching as a strategic business move to end a war
-both portrayed by British actors named Idris

so on and so forth

yeah Franklin on his Stringer Bell shyt fasho . He on his B&B Enterprises / Clay Davis shyt

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Owners of the book store refused to sell, that kept delaying the city councilman’s apartment complex project, costing him time and money. Franklin knew the couple so he saw it as an opportunity to sell them on a dream, and buy it so he could flip it to the councilman and get in good graces with him. It looks fukked up on the surface, and to an extent it is - but like Frank and his mom said, they were gonna lose that building one way or another. At least with this route they got paid a bunch of money and were offered a bigger property a mile away.

Franklin's gonna have a financial stake in the project, which is another legit stream of revenue, but beyond that doing business with the councilman gets him in a powerful inner circle that involves The Mayor. That's how he made one phone call and got officer Nix relocated.
this shyt be on too late for me (i usually rewatch), i missed all this. thanks

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
It was the principle. They were so angry, they told Franklin to keep his pieces of silver (biblical reference to Judas taking 30 pieces to betray Jesus).
Franklin should have responded with:

"You ain't Jesus. You're just owners of a run down bookstore"...to add more to his uncaring character

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Wanda bout to get clean
FIRST thing I thought, too, when she looked in that mirror.

Also, I feel like they're trying to prep us to DISLIKE Franklin now. He's starting to get more scumbaggish, maybe they're doing it so that when he finally goes down we'll feel like he deserved it and won't feel so bad for him. That was pretty blatant how he sold that couple out.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Was Franklin’s mom talking to?

giphy.gif

:ohhh:

Nah, that's Simon from "Martin"...(Steven Williams):

"Me, Simon and the SKYYYY BOOOOOX..."

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
You piece of shyt, Franklin :rudy:

Can yall imagine Avon or Ghost doing that couple like that? I mean, seriously.
Actually, they were going to lose it anyway. Not only did he double thier money he gave them a bigger place to operate down the street. The only reason it sounds as bad as it does is his delivery. He had that anger of needing to get it done because of the shyt that happened to his mother in that scene.

Last edited:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Yeah, Franklin did the right thing..... Them old folks gotta swallow their pride. You open a business to make money and provide a service. They getting more money and a new location and I'm supposed to feel like Franklin is Evil because they can't stay in the same place where they weren't getting any business?

Oso got his revenge.... Good for him I guess

Manboy planting that seed of doubt about Franklin

I expected a slower episode after the first two came out with a bang so I'm not disappointed. That reporter chick just gathering more and more intel though.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I swear the callous responses about the bookstore fukked up. I know it’s just a show but y’all don’t know how hard it is for elders to run something like that for their community. Kinda telling frfr :ld: just cuz you only seen Franklin in there don’t mean other people in the community don’t be there. Big Worm said it best it’s the principality of it. And any elder Black couple running a conscious bookstore in the community is all ethics and principle.

At least he got them a bigger spot not too far away so that’s cool but that was a vicious ass scene. Basically became a gentrifying white man on his own people because he was too dumb to take out Nix early after he had to drop on him and almost blew his brains out and now tryna touch his fam but he tryna get two Black men, albeit flawed, that are doing business with him, to kill each other? lol, fukk Franklin frfr :ehh:

I’m not gon let that one slide, his dumbass shoulda baked a cake for that cac cop in the first place. Bet any amount OG Councilman Simon still screws him in the end. :ehh:

Last edited: