Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Scully went from a reputation so scary Manboy was telling Fatback and Leon to check themselves before goin in there to do business, pistol whipping dudes tied up in the bathroom, shermed out, wiping another dude's blood off his face like oil, dancing to Egyptian Lover like he didn't just almost kill a guy, crucifying nikkaz, fantasizing about stoning nikkaz, performing self surgery on himself, had Saint scared to death, late night hunting in the projects he's not from, etc. All of that, and all of a sudden he's not a factor? It makes zilch sense. That's just bad writing, poor plot development, and a failure to utilize a character properly.

This season has been off.

When you put it like this...:lupe:

I think the challenge with Skully is he's not a main character so his arc can seem rushed/forced. The trauma of losing a child like that can really f*k with you, but since it's such a departure from what little we knew of him it can seem a bit off.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I saw that on Twitter. I like Snowfall, but it’s not in the same league as The Wire. Very few shows are.

Can’t speak for Breaking Bad, since I haven’t seen it.

Feel the same. Snowfall is dope, but the Wire just had the raw and gritty no-filter feel that can't be replicated. Feel the same about the first three seasons of New York Undercover as well.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Feel the same. Snowfall is dope, but the Wire just had the raw and gritty no-filter feel that can't be replicated. Feel the same about the first three seasons of New Yard Undercover as well.
those shows captured the actual grit of the cities as they were at that time tho, of course that can't be replicated in a show that has to cinematically create a world, it'll always feel like fiction.

snowfall has entered into my top 5 or right outside it, louie, jerome, frank, avi and reed are dope characters...leon too although i feel his role has diminished some

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
When you put it like this...:lupe:

I think the challenge with Skully is he's not a main character so his arc can seem rushed/forced. The trauma of losing a child like that can really f*k with you, but since it's such a departure from what little we knew of him it can seem a bit off.

Combine that with the fact that he's actually clean for the first time probably since he's a kid (Manboy said he was on sherm since he was 14), and i don't think it's too surprising. We aint seen an ear drop since his daughter died.

binged this show over the last 3 weeks, only thing that's throwing me off right now is Teddy and Franklin in that flashback when Franklin was in school. Franklin's forgotten about that encounter, but Teddy probably remembers, right?

Episode last night ended TOO well for there to be one ep left in the season. Something's gotta break and i think more than Alton has to die

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Combine that with the fact that he's actually clean for the first time probably since he's a kid (Manboy said he was on sherm since he was 14), and i don't think it's too surprising. We aint seen an ear drop since his daughter died.

binged this show over the last 3 weeks, only thing that's throwing me off right now is Teddy and Franklin in that flashback when Franklin was in school. Franklin's forgotten about that encounter, but Teddy probably remembers, right?

Episode last night ended TOO well for there to be one ep left in the season. Something's gotta break and i think more than Alton has to die

That was a dream, it didn't really happen.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This episode was F I R E!

I knew we were in for a classic when Jerome threw on the NWA cap. nikka wasn’t playing at ALL this episode:demonic:

Let me start with what I DIDN’T like. And that was Tonosse not getting capped. You can’t leave loose ends. Now I KNOW the series has shown that Franklin has a soft spot for women. He didn’t snitch nor take revenge on Melody for permanently maiming him. He let Wanda in on the business originally even though he always knew she weak. But Tanosse was on some other shyt. She literally was setting Franklin up to get murked. And that old sorry ass “I remembered why I loved you” shyt was played. Either Franklin or Jerome should have clipped her after they set up Manboy. And unless their going to bring her back as part of Franklin’s “downfall” next season there’s no good reason for her to live.

Now onto the good stuff

I TOLD ya’ll Manboy was going to die this season. There was no more story for him as they’ve already set up the drug storyline for next season to be Franklin’s expansion. Therefore Franklin didn’t need a loudmouth rival bucking at him his every move. But they did a good job giving him a great send off. Manboy talking shyt until the end was perfect :russ:

Khadijah also needed to die. This wasn’t hard to tell. The way they went about it with Leon trying to get her to let the shyt go was realistic for a traumatized Leon, but no way was she going to let the death of her ONLY child slide. Plus Jerome obviously gave no fukks.

Skully is going to kill at least ONE of the crew next episode mark my words. Maybe its somebody like Peaches (who hasn’t had a line of dialogue in the past two episodes) or it could even be Jerome. But after all the W’s Franklin got this episode he’s GOT to take a big L in the finale.

Reed drugging Irene’s drink was predictable as all fukk. I didn’t for a SECOND think he was going to turn on the CIA. Reed is a soldier and he’s in it for the long haul. He will NEVER abandon his mission until the day he dies.

People thinking Irene was stupid for trusting Reed. Thats the POINT. Everyone in the series has an addiction problem and are coping with it in different ways. Franklin is addicted to control. Reed is addicted to his job. Gustavo is addicted to Lucia. Manboy was addicted to his own sense of importance. Khadijah was addicted to revenge. Leon is addicted to the hustle. And so on and so on. The only character who has realized their addiction and is trying to overcome it is Cissy, which is why she’s trying to get out. Irene was addicted to exposing the truth. She had blinders on for anything that got in the way of her putting out that story. She didn’t give a shyt about the safety of her ex husband, her daughter, or even HERSELF. She wanted that story. And Reed GAVE HER WHAT SHE WANTED. She just paid for it with her life.

It was a true pleasure seeing Franklin boss up in this episode. The series is best when he’s in strategy mode and his ability to outthink and out-reason everyone is what makes him such a great character. When he was talking to Black Diamond and Dallas and straight REASONING with them, that was an excellent scene.

Alton is the dumbest character on the series. I almost WANT to see him get murked in the finale. I don’t know if Franklin will be the one to kill him but I don’t think it CAN be Reed who does it because that would forever fracture his relationship with Franklin and despite the “everyone is replaceable” threat I think Reed is smart enough to recognize that Franklin is one in a million. Manboy couldn’t accomplish what Franklin has over the past three seasons plug or no plug. Skully DAMN sure can’t.

Next episode predictions

-Skully kills Peaches. (MAYBE Jerome as well)

-Cissy & Louie blame Franklin for Jerome’s death. Cissy leaves for good.

-Gustavo leaves to find Lucia.

OR

Throw out everything I said and Skully kills CISSY AND Alton.

If Skully kills Franklin’s parents then Franklin’s heart will 100% turn cold. I’m expecting Season 5 to be the final season so this season 4 finale has to spell a BIG change in Franklin’s character for his eventual downfall in season 5

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
This episode was F I R E!

I knew we were in for a classic when Jerome threw on the NWA cap. nikka wasn’t playing at ALL this episode:demonic:

Let me start with what I DIDN’T like. And that was Tonosse not getting capped. You can’t leave loose ends. Now I KNOW the series has shown that Franklin has a soft spot for women. He didn’t snitch nor take revenge on Melody for permanently maiming him. He let Wanda in on the business originally even though he always knew she weak. But Tanosse was on some other shyt. She literally was setting Franklin up to get murked. And that old sorry ass “I remembered why I loved you” shyt was played. Either Franklin or Jerome should have clipped her after they set up Manboy. And unless their going to bring her back as part of Franklin’s “downfall” next season there’s no good reason for her to live.

Now onto the good stuff

I TOLD ya’ll Manboy was going to die this season. There was no more story for him as they’ve already set up the drug storyline for next season to be Franklin’s expansion. Therefore Franklin didn’t need a loudmouth rival bucking at him his every move. But they did a good job giving him a great send off. Manboy talking shyt until the end was perfect :russ:

Khadijah also needed to die. This wasn’t hard to tell. The way they went about it with Leon trying to get her to let the shyt go was realistic for a traumatized Leon, but no way was she going to let the death of her ONLY child slide. Plus Jerome obviously gave no fukks.

Skully is going to kill at least ONE of the crew next episode mark my words. Maybe its somebody like Peaches (who hasn’t had a line of dialogue in the past two episodes) or it could even be Jerome. But after all the W’s Franklin got this episode he’s GOT to take a big L in the finale.

Reed drugging Irene’s drink was predictable as all fukk. I didn’t for a SECOND think he was going to turn on the CIA. Reed is a soldier and he’s in it for the long haul. He will NEVER abandon his mission until the day he dies.

People thinking Irene was stupid for trusting Reed. Thats the POINT. Everyone in the series has an addiction problem and are coping with it in different ways. Franklin is addicted to control. Reed is addicted to his job. Gustavo is addicted to Lucia. Manboy was addicted to his own sense of importance. Khadijah was addicted to revenge. Leon is addicted to the hustle. And so on and so on. The only character who has realized their addiction and is trying to overcome it is Cissy, which is why she’s trying to get out. Irene was addicted to exposing the truth. She had blinders on for anything that got in the way of her putting out that story. She didn’t give a shyt about the safety of her ex husband, her daughter, or even HERSELF. She wanted that story. And Reed GAVE HER WHAT SHE WANTED. She just paid for it with her life.

It was a true pleasure seeing Franklin boss up in this episode. The series is best when he’s in strategy mode and his ability to outthink and out-reason everyone is what makes him such a great character. When he was talking to Black Diamond and Dallas and straight REASONING with them, that was an excellent scene.

Alton is the dumbest character on the series. I almost WANT to see him get murked in the finale. I don’t know if Franklin will be the one to kill him but I don’t think it CAN be Reed who does it because that would forever fracture his relationship with Franklin and despite the “everyone is replaceable” threat I think Reed is smart enough to recognize that Franklin is one in a million. Manboy couldn’t accomplish what Franklin has over the past three seasons plug or no plug. Skully DAMN sure can’t.

Next episode predictions

-Skully kills Peaches. (MAYBE Jerome as well)

-Cissy & Louie blame Franklin for Jerome’s death. Cissy leaves for good.

-Gustavo leaves to find Lucia.

OR

Throw out everything I said and Skully kills CISSY AND Alton.

If Skully kills Franklin’s parents then Franklin’s heart will 100% turn cold. I’m expecting Season 5 to be the final season so this season 4 finale has to spell a BIG change in Franklin’s character for his eventual downfall in season 5
I'm thinking the same about Cissy but I think she would get got solo. That shyt would be shocking and completely unexpected and would hit really hard.