Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
They are using manboy right though but his sister as a enemy comes across weak to me. I dont personally get the point of the angle. You got 2 polarizing figures as enemies as manboy and skully but instead of the show giving the feel that Franklin and Leon are under pressure from 2 great enemies they dodging kid sister and the baps crew?
Her daughter was killed in her arms. She saw her brother and her man not do anything to get the person who committed the murder. She angry, so I get it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Like usual, some of y’all getting way too ahead of yourselves with spinoffs, creating new plots and characters for next season, etc. and of course most the ideas are garbage. How about y’all sit back and just enjoy (or hate on, whatever floats your boat) the final two episodes and let the show runners and writers worry about next season. :mjlol:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Why is it every time something happens on a show and people don’t like it, or don’t understand why it happened the way they like, it must mean the show jumped the shark? Y’all ain’t tired of throwing shows in the bushes after the first scene you don’t like?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Why is it every time something happens on a show and people don’t like it, or don’t understand why it happened the way they like, it must mean the show jumped the shark? Y’all ain’t tired of throwing shows in the bushes after the first scene you don’t like?
It’s internet culture and streaming culture. A lot of us are know it all’s.

The show was always unrealistic to me but it doesn’t bother me enough to nitpick things that are not important.

Last edited:
Daps
It’s internet culture and streaming culture. A lot of us are know it all’s know.

The show was always unrealistic to me but it doesn’t bother me enough to nitpick things that are not important.
The idea that you Alton would give his name and think no one would be able to identify his son seems "stupid".

Wanda warned Leon and Leon being hush about knowing.

Token Moltisanti

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
A lot of people have their own version and way they believe the show should play out and when that doesn’t happen they think it means the writing is bad.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I mostly blame Corona for fukking up the original plans they had for this season but SOME of the writing to connect A to B in the storylines have been rushed and certain key plot points glossed over.

Its not “jump the shark” bad but its noticeable, especially after Season 3 was soooooo goddamn good.

Overall i’m enjoying the season

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I respectfully disagree...

For contrast lets look: Marlo Stansfield was an awful human being, Tony Soprano was a horrible human being as well..

Saint in my opinion is ignorant at best, case in point look at one of the scenes with him Andre when they were in the car. Andre showed Saint looking at black people walking around like zombies, and he asked him "how do you sleep at night?" Franklin said "like a baby". Saint had no idea the impact of what crack did to the black community nationwide. I'm from LA and was a baby(early 80s) in that era and by the 90s we really saw the effects of crack.

Saint was never groomed as a gangster like the aforementioned people I just named. He's learning to become that and he stumbled upon the cocaine game by accident when his homie had him meet Ali for the time. He never meant to kill Kevin and he only killed Andre because that was his last option after begging him to take melody and leave.

This season has not gone into depth with Saint, he's been in defense mode since episode 1 of this season, from skully, manboy, his father, leon, everyone. You can point to what happened with the elderly couple with the library but they still won.

We also forget that as its depicted in this show, Saint is supposed to 21-22. He's a young, savvy, very ignorant kid that's in over his head and learning as he goes. But I do not think he's a "monster". But he may have to really become one to survive as it relates to the show.

Last episode,might see something like in Goodfellas,showing us Saint has really become a monster. Frankling tying up all these "loose ends":mjcry:

One loose end nobody mentions is that bodyguard Franklin has earlier in the season. Franklin just allowed him to walk like it was nothing smh.Franklin definitely don't like murder,but sees its a cost of bidness. He's given alot of passes that the real monsters with his type of power wouldn't give. Plus notice how he wanted to stop war between Manboy and Skully thinking it would start spilling over into his neighborhood and Lees. Seems like he wants to keep the violence on that other side with the gangs and dumb Skully types:mjpls:. I think he's created a world that makes it easier for him to ignore the full effect he is having. But eventually like Leon told him he won't be able to escape it (timestamped)

Franklins character honestly doesn't fit in with how violence ramped up in LA with crack. I think we are still supposed to be in the early 80's right now though? This show is based in South Central,and everybody knows South Central was a warzone by the mid 80's. I don't know if thats going to make for as interesting a show though. Insane ammounts of violence and police raids lol. Think they will keep allowing Franklin to stay in his Felix Mitchell bag. Versus having to make him become OG Bobby Johnson and running a set thats based on violence.