Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I would've expected some Raiders gear at some point too considering they just won the title in 84. Maybe they took winning for granted and didn't realize that bum ass franchise wouldn't win again for the next 35 years.

Were LA brehs wearing Raiders gear prominently like that back then? I had to look it up, but that Gang City documentary with Turtle aired 6/5/1984, months after the Raiders won the SB. I didn't see not one dude in that documentary wearing any black and silver. And those were Santana Blocc dudes, they wear black nowadays I thought.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Were LA brehs wearing Raiders gear prominently like that back then? I had to look it up, but that Gang City documentary with Turtle aired 6/5/1984, months after the Raiders won the SB. I didn't see not one dude in that documentary wearing any black and silver. And those were Santana Blocc dudes, they wear black nowadays I thought.
I have no clue. I just wanted an excuse to shyt on the bum ass Raiders lol.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think part of the story is how the people who started this off lose control and become irrelevant once the South American and Mexican cartels and the LA gangs become more prominent.
So you’re thinking Franklin gets killed or locked up and manboy takes over as the center of show?

That would be a helluva plot twist..:patrice:

Also when Franklin told manboy he has the plug, manboy didn’t seem bothered by it, I think they may have something in the work bigger for his character. This show was supposed to be “loosely” based on the life of Rick Ross but this is Hollywood and they are already so far removed from his story per say..

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
So you’re thinking Franklin gets killed or locked up and manboy takes over as the center of show?

That would be a helluva plot twist..:patrice:

Also when Franklin told manboy he has the plug, manboy didn’t seem bothered by it, I think they may have something in the work bigger for his character. This show was supposed to be “loosely” based on the life of Rick Ross but this is Hollywood and they are already so far removed from his story per say..

I wonder if the writers have the balls to do that. Would the show still be as popular withour Franklin? I would certainly watch it but I'm not sure how attached the average viewer is to his character.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I wonder if the writers have the balls to do that. Would the show still be as popular withour Franklin? I would certainly watch it but I'm not sure how attached the average viewer is to his character.
I mean the wire successfully did that going from the barksdales to marlo but there was still so much of Marlo and Chris origins that were never talked about. But the show ended with the moniker that the game never changes only the players so it made sense to switch the main character story. With this show being sorta the spearhead of the hardcore drug game, I cant see them going with a total different main story character.

But in my opinion, I do not think people are that vested in franklin this season as opposed previous ones, Like others have said I think the show is dragging things along because of the growing popularity of the show. And again to compare it to the wire for a sec, the wires ratings were not that good when it was airing on HBO, the show didn't become super popular until it was really off air, and this was before the social boom which also played a role.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also when Franklin told manboy he has the plug, manboy didn’t seem bothered by it, I think they may have something in the work bigger for his character.

idk...manboy kind of addressed why he wasn’t phased by that on the spot by letting saint know what good is having the plug when you have no territory to sell it...that being said he’s underestimating saint who’s already expanding into other cities/states...and if he’s inclined to go to war with manboy and succeeds in taking him out, there’ll definitely be someone new in his territory ready to step up and work with franklin

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

if it was HBO, I’d be less confident but on a network like FX franklin probably won’t face any real consequences until the series is about to be over