Official "Sleepy Hollow" Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
This season is a lot better than last. Fox is moving it to Friday's starting in January which I think might actually be better for it. It can't compete with Shondaland on Thursdays

I actually think the move to Friday is the "Everybody come see grandma in the hospital this weekend; we're taking her off life support on Sunday" treatment, as it has been for many shows.

I hope not, but Friday is a generally dead night for TV unless you're a Tim Allen sitcom.

I think the dip in quality last season hurt it in the long-run.

:mjcry: What's gonna happen to my baby, Nikki

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:snoop:

What happened to this show?

If it wasn't for the living goddess that is Nicole Beharie, I woulda been tapped out.

Now I have to endure an episode of Bones to not be lost next season.

Or just do what I'm doing and not watch the episode of Bones

That is the most random fukking crossover ever.

And to further bolster my charge that the showrunners are on their :mjpls:

But continuity :damn:

Fukk it, someone will fill me in :whoknows: I'll be damned if i watch bones just because

Since it's network TV, most likely a line of exposition in the next episode will recap the entire Bones episode for us :lolbron:

COLD OPEN:

Ichabod: "Lieutenant I enjoy our time together but I'm never solving another murder in Bonesville, that was the worst "work vacation" ever!"

MartyMcFly: :whew:

:mjlol: exactly. And just like that, I'm caught up and I get to ogle the Lefttenant:killadamn:

:mjlol: Has "Bones" fallen off that much?

:scust:

What the fukk pedestal was Bones on to fall off of in the first place?

:yeshrug: It was a good show for like the first 6 seasons.

Yeah I'm with him on this one..was never my cup of tea. Never gave one fukk about it. I could try to find said fukk but I don't think that'll work out

Bones used to be a pretty good procedural and sometimes you need one of those simple ass shows as a palate cleanser.
Its the same reason I used to like Castle.
Both shows have fallen off terribly though.

And I don't say that to be that stereotypical "network TV/procedural shows are BS" guy, my younger sister watches it, and many a time I've been around her while she's watched it, and it's not good.

It's TV designed for the over 50 crowd, so they'll have episodes where someone who was "cyber bullied to death" and the guys will delve into that world and learn about it.

Then someone who was killed after "sexting gone wrong" then delve into that world.

They tend to get on social trends 2 years after they've already ended and they use a murder to explain it to older people.

Look forward to a "white privilege murder" or "transphobic homicide" in 2017 :russ:

Bones did their transgender episode back in Season 4...they are trendsetters, homie.:pachaha:

:lolbron: How was that "Bones"/"Sleepy Hollow" crossover? I forgot this was going to happen:popcorn:.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:lolbron: How was that "Bones"/"Sleepy Hollow" crossover? I forgot this was going to happen:popcorn:.

Pointless.

The only thing I learned is dude who plays Ichabod Crane and Nicole Beharie are really good actors.

Either that or the Bones cast is so bored that they sleepwalk through episodes because when the SH duo popped up (20 mins in :francis:), they were acting circles around the main Bones cast.

The crossover didn't need to happen though. The two episodes has the thinnest plot thread and felt like two separate episodes, not a 2 hour block of story.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Pointless.

The only thing I learned is dude who plays Ichabod Crane and Nicole Beharie are really good actors.

Either that or the Bones cast is so bored that they sleepwalk through episodes because when the SH duo popped up (20 mins in :francis:), they were acting circles around the main Bones cast.

The crossover didn't need to happen though. The two episodes has the thinnest plot thread and felt like two separate episodes, not a 2 hour block of story.

Which is why I didn't watch the bones episode. Did enjoy the sleepy hollow episode but watching bones seemed unnecessary

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
You could tell Michael Boreanaz wasn't feeling it from jump. He had the:stopitslime: :upsetfavre: :martin::beli: faces throughout both episodes, especially the SH episode. SH did get a jump in ratings for that night though. That Bones audience is loyal:manny:

I actually think the move to Friday is the "Everybody come see grandma in the hospital this weekend; we're taking her off life support on Sunday" treatment, as it has been for many shows.

I hope not, but Friday is a generally dead night for TV unless you're a Tim Allen sitcom.

I think the dip in quality last season hurt it in the long-run.

:mjcry: What's gonna happen to my baby, Nikki

Oh I know its a death night for shows and this is it for the series but at least FOX didn't cancel it all together so we get another 8 episodes of Nicole:ohlawd: . Also, there have been some success stories on Friday night like Blue Bloods (CBS) and Grimm (NBC). Blue Bloods in on its 6th season and Grimm is on its 5 season and they have always been on Friday and I don't know anyone who watches either show. CW also tried to kill Smallville by putting on Friday around its 7th or 8th season and it ratings increased and ended its run at season 10...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You could tell Michael Boreanaz wasn't feeling it from jump. He had the:stopitslime: :upsetfavre: :martin::beli: faces throughout both episodes, especially the SH episode. SH did get a jump in ratings for that night though. That Bones audience is loyal:manny:

Oh I know its a death night for shows and this is it for the series but at least FOX didn't cancel it all together so we get another 8 episodes of Nicole:ohlawd: . Also, there have been some success stories on Friday night like Blue Bloods (CBS) and Grimm (NBC). Blue Bloods in on its 6th season and Grimm is on its 4 season and they have always been on Friday and I don't know anyone who watches either show. CW also tried to kill Smallville by putting on Friday around its 7th or 8th season and it ratings increased and ended its run at season 10...

This is a much better season than last season too

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
This is a much better season than last season too
Agree, they cut the fat with Crane's wife and son at the end of last season and went back to what made it a hit during season 1 which was just focusing on Crane and Nicole and a little Jenny her and there. This is another show that should be on CW but CW has no space

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:heh: That sounds like the a$$hole, thinks-he's-a-bigger-star-than-he-is David Boreanez I know.

Oh I know its a death night for shows and this is it for the series but at least FOX didn't cancel it all together so we get another 8 episodes of Nicole:ohlawd: . Also, there have been some success stories on Friday night like Blue Bloods (CBS) and Grimm (NBC). Blue Bloods in on its 6th season and Grimm is on its 5 season and they have always been on Friday and I don't know anyone who watches either show. CW also tried to kill Smallville by putting on Friday around its 7th or 8th season and it ratings increased and ended its run at season 10...

You forgot about "Supernatural". The loyal following of The show ended up carrying the show to be moved back to the middle of the week.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Just started watching this 2 days ago. Already on season 2. Nicole Beharie is beautiful. Great show

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Lowkey, I was hoping this would be the final season because it was getting a little stale.

Now with Nicole gone I guess this is where I get off.

giphy.gif

Swear to God if she ends up on Empire or some shyt I'm gonna have some real internal struggles in the near future :francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Lowkey, I was hoping this would be the final season because it was getting a little stale.

Now with Nicole gone I guess this is where I get off.

giphy.gif

Swear to God if she ends up on Empire or some shyt I'm gonna have some real internal struggles in the near future :francis:

Didn't even get a chance to watch it yet but no more left tenant means no more me