Official "Sleepy Hollow" Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I was in there off and on last year but normally when I'm writing something I kinda put myself in a bubble or just watch certain things for inspiration. I gotta remember to come through though

and I'd love for her to be in a stare down with 15 year old me:killadamn:

:salute:

Good luck. I'm in the bubble right now myself.

Speaking of high school based comedies, you ever seen/heard of the Canadian show Mr. D? Pretty good, as is Schitt's Creek, another Canadian half-hour.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

gBpR0UE.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They should have cancelled this show. It fell off so hard in Season 2 and it was obvious that the folks in charge got scared that there were too many black people in lead roles so they tried to whiten it up.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
They should have cancelled this show. It fell off so hard in Season 2 and it was obvious that the folks in charge got scared that there were too many black people in lead roles so they tried to whiten it up.

I don't think this is true at all.

In fact, it's one of the first times that I've seen a show this racially diverse that didn't make a point of being racially diverse.

At no point in the 2 seasons have I felt like I've been watching a predominantly black show, even though most of the time that's what it was.

I think they just made the cast too bloated and had to trim the fat.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think this is true at all.

In fact, it's one of the first times that I've seen a show this racially diverse that didn't make a point of being racially diverse.

At no point in the 2 seasons have I felt like I've been watching a predominantly black show, even though most of the time that's what it was.

I think they just made the cast too bloated and had to trim the fat.
They bumped up Katrina and diminished the Ichabod/Abby dynamic for the majority of Season 2.
Tossed Capt. Irving and Jenny in the bushes for Generic Blond White Guy for most of Season 2.
:mjpls:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
They bumped up Katrina and diminished the Ichabod/Abby dynamic for the majority of Season 2.
Tossed Capt. Irving and Jenny in the bushes for Generic Blond White Guy for most of Season 2.
:mjpls:

Then realized their mistake and got rid of blonde white guy, Katrina, old guy, and Captain Irving.

:yeshrug:

Feels to me like they tried to expand the universe, figured they took on too much/had too much dead weight, so kept it moving.

Now if they replaced Irving with blonde white guy permanently, then I think you'd be on to something.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Then realized their mistake and got rid of blonde white guy, Katrina, old guy, and Captain Irving.

:yeshrug:

Feels to me like they tried to expand the universe, figured they took on too much/had too much dead weight, so kept it moving.

Now if they replaced Irving with blonde white guy permanently, then I think you'd be on to something.
Its not like they came to the conclusion on their own...rating tanked like crazy and Fox stepped in and hit them with the :ufdup: and made them go back to what was working in Season 1.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I try not to take rumors all that seriously but you're right fam. Apparently there were rumors that the show runners and executive producers didn't expect the show to develop the diverse fanbase that it initially got in season one. They didn't want it to be seen as "too diverse":mjpls:. That's why with the second you saw fake ass Nathan drake step in instead of having Jenny do what she normally does.

Also, there were rumors that one of the executive producers was messing around with Katrina's actress and that's why all of a sudden she was pushed to the forefront.

Plus we had Orlando Jones absent for most of the season.

Then, I don't know if you saw but Niclole Beharie tweeted how she wasn't invited to do commentary for the second season DVD even though she did the 1st season:patrice:

Like you said, the heads up at Fox saw the decline and stepped in.