full

shang chi fit look like red star trek uniform :russ:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
looked at that list was like, “wtf is chinatown detective and hi mom?!”

Didnt know that china be watching movies like that. Im ignent, i know they got a billion people but figured most were in rural areas. Boy im wrong; i dont know shiit aboot chinas.

regardless, from seeing those figures, marvel loses out on tons of money not releasing movies to that market. I always heard it, now i see why.

China had John Cena juelzing over non offensive Taiwan comments during the F9 rollout.

Daps
I enjoyed it brehs. It was like a Black Panther movie but for Asians and I got no problem with that. It was very enjoyable and it's good to see that marvel isn't missing a step.

I didn't watch any trailers for this across the summer and fall so I went into it not knowing who was in it (well thanks to some jerk on the coli, I knew that Abomination and Wong are in it but that's it).

So I truly didn't know what to expect, had never read any Shang Chi source material and didn't understand the functionality of the rings. I thought the concept was stupid actually when I first heard of it.

After seeing them in action, I was very impressed by their power and functionality plus the fact that they give the wearer immortality. Shang Chi is on the level of other heroes we've seen so far (or above their level) and I like that.

I said it was like the Asian version of Black Panther (a big centerpiece movie that focused on their community) but as far as the theatrical set building pieces, it felt even larger than Black Panther in the last 3rd of the movie due to the interdimensional monsters and the dragon fight.

10/10

I even liked ole goofy Akwafina and it cracked me up when she was doing all of those exaggerated movements that I grew up seeing in Asian films when they be all over the top with their body language :russ:

I wasn't expecting that in a marvel movie, made me feel like a lil boy watching godzilla or the fight scenes in power rangers where they were using the Japanese footage that had all the exaggerated movements :mjlol:

I enjoyed this, brehs. Can't wait to see Eternals in January :mjcry: