Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I know Awkwafina hate was at an all-time high when the movie first came out, and I just wanted to say that I totally get it because god damn was she annoying in this movie. :snoop:

I don't buy her as any sort of love interest to Shang-Chi, and her whole brand of comedy was too cringe even by MCU 'quip' standards.

Like one of those lame ass female comedians who just go, "Ugh, my vagina :unimpressed:" in monotone like that's supposed to be funny.

And she does exactly that in the fukking movie. :scust:

This. fukk that wide back, rectangle built, non-funny heffer :pacspit:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Marvel made a martial arts movie, and a Wuxia one to be precise. Didn’t think this movie was anything special or unique. China puts out much more enthralling martial arts movies with a smaller budget.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I saw nothing in the movie at all that gave any sort of romantic vibe between them. She was just his female road dawg. Didn't think she was that bad honestly.
You got a film that you want to give Asians a chance to get big exposure while having comedic elements...She's a popular Asian representative and pretty much the best fit for the role that I could think of....
Are there actually any young funny Asian actors in Hollywood?:mjlol::yeshrug:
Jimmy O Yang, I think he is funny.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This movie came and went.

MCU used to be good at building hype for movie by first introducing the character in a cameo and building up to their solo film.
At least put them in an end credits scene or something. But lately they just drop a new character out of nowhere and as consequence they feel disconnected from the MCU

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

MCU used to be good at building hype for movie by first introducing the character in a cameo and building up to their solo film.
At least put them in an end credits scene or something. But lately they just drop a new character out of nowhere and as consequence they feel disconnected from the MCU

black knight
blade
photon
seinfeld-fury

recently

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade

Nobody gives a fukk about no end credits :heh:

that hype in the past was because it was already established characters, not because of some silly end credit shyt.

Thor, Iron Man, Cap, etc. now they are using characters that have never been relevant, Shang Chi, Eternals, etc. it's a different game

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nobody gives a fukk about no end credits :heh:

that hype in the past was because it was already established characters, not because of some silly end credit shyt.

Thor, Iron Man, Cap, etc. now they are using characters that have never been relevant, Shang Chi, Eternals, etc. it's a different game
i agree about the eternals and even guardians, but if you think Shang Chi was never relevant you just didn't read comics. He was much more popular a character than Hawkeye and black widow at the minimum.
he appears in all sorts of comics and has his own runnig series since the 70s. he's probably sold more comics than any of the avengers charactes outside of the big 4 (thor, cap, ironman, hulk)

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
i agree about the eternals and even guardians, but if you think Shang Chi was never relevant you just didn't read comics. He was much more popular a character than Hawkeye and black widow at the minimum.
he appears in all sorts of comics and has his own runnig series since the 70s. he's probably sold more comics than any of the avengers charactes outside of the big 4 (thor, cap, ironman, hulk)
Lol his main title lasted 10 years(1973 - 1983) he didn't get another main title until like 34 years later :mjlol:

appearing in other people like Iron Fists shyt doesn't = relevancy and comparing him to jobbers like Hawkeye is meaningless as well.