Veteran
Daps
Reppin
still bootleggin. :yeshrug:

200w.gif

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
It had to. Shang Chi whole thing is being a kung fu master. The fights were probably the most important thing to get right.

tho I agree that Black Panther had some of the weakest action in the MCU. I dunno if that is strictly on Coogler and him not having a knack for how to construct action.

Panther was savage as fukk in Civil War. I expected the film would have retained that type of energy, but nope.
Russo bros know how to direct action would be the difference. Action is difficult for a lot of directors to get right. It’s probably most directors weakest aspects.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did this movie shyt all over black Panther action and fight scenes??

Jacki Chan was helping stunt's design and fight choreography for Shang Chi played a big part

on every thing i wanted tony jaa to be the top guy handling fight choreography,designing stunts and action set pieces on black panther when it was first being mad

It had to. Shang Chi whole thing is being a kung fu master. The fights were probably the most important thing to get right.

tho I agree that Black Panther had some of the weakest action in the MCU. I dunno if that is strictly on Coogler and him not having a knack for how to construct action.

Panther was savage as fukk in Civil War. I expected the film would have retained that type of energy, but nope.

Yeah, the fight between him and killmonger was pathetic. They build the whole movie up to their super powered fight and it was them standing around waiting for a train to pass

The Dora milaje pretty much carried all the action in that movie

. Shang Chi without really having any superpower looked more superhuman/superpowerd than T'challa:snoop:

the last fight scene in blackpanther in the vibranium mine with train passing i thought we were going to get combination doc ock vs spiderman train scene with Captain America vs winter solder hand 2 hand combat:shaq2:the bus fight scene in shang-chi basically almost being that very thing :whoo:

Last edited:

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Wow, those are record breaking numbers for Labor Day?
I thought Labor Day record breaking numbers would at least be over $125 or something.

That's cool.
Labor Day weekend is historically terrible so breaking that record is not honestly that important. The box office is impressive b/c it did that much in a pandemic.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Jacki Chan was helping stunt's design and fight choreography for Shang Chi played a big part

on every thing i wanted tony jaa to be the top guy handling fight choreography,designing stunts and action set pieces on black panther when it was first being mad

. Shang Chi without really having any superpower looked more superhuman/superpowerd than T'challa:snoop:

the last fight scene in blackpanther in the vibranium mine with train passing i thought we were going to get combination doc ock vs spiderman train scene with Captain America vs winter solder hand 2 hand combat:shaq2:the bus fight scene in shang-chi basically almost being that very thing but better:whoo:

It's quite sad when you really look back at it.....

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
STFU about Black Panther and enjoy the moment now. Movie was 3 years ago weirdos how ya'll still in ya'll feelings about the CGI and fight scenes LOL

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really enjoyed the movie. I think the signal at the end was going to Fing Fang Foom since he is usually associated with the ten rings and they are partly used to control him.

It was a nice twist with his sister taking over at the end. It was foreshadowed that she wanted an empire so it made sense.

I don't think Shang Chi will be in Dr Strange 2. There are enough characters in that movie already. With Shang Chi and Antman both being based in San Francisco there is a better chance he shows up in Quantumaina.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting aspect I liked was how they addressed laying down the murder game. Shang Chi was about that life. He admitted he fulfilled his mission and avenged his Moms then ran, and if his Dad didn't stop him he was goong to lay the murder game down on the Death Dealer no problem.

Marvel heroes don't have an issue with killing when needed.