Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the fight between him and killmonger was pathetic. They build the whole movie up to their super powered fight and it was them standing around waiting for a train to pass

The Dora milaje pretty much carried all the action in that movie

Should have give Killmonger his own suit tbh. Should have kept the fight above ground. There was no reason to CGI both actors up to the brim where they look completely fake.

It was just so lazy and uninspired. Hell, the whole 3rd act battle was.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Why did this movie shyt all over black Panther action and fight scenes??

:comeon:Stop it. It was better than some non POC centered Marvel movies, including IM3, Dr. Strange, Thor 2, Black Widow, to name a few. It's unfair to pick out the first and only POC led movie to compare.

Also I disagree. The writing and story arc for Black Panther were superior. Yes the last fight with Killmonger was dissapointing, and the CGI was supbar in places but overall BP had better pacing, sharper writing, and much more of an emotional impact. It also used less gimmicks like the loud mouth best friend, a quippy fake Mandarin, and headless turkey. Jesus that was annoying.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u can tell BP was the blueprint for this movie
and thats not a bad thing. BP had the better story while this one had the bigger budget knowing what was at stake with That movie securing the billy. It was a good intro to
A character i know nothing about. My
Only gripe was the 50+ zoom ins on awkwafina’s goofy a$$ face

:stopitslime:
i forgot bruce was human again so him and hulk squashed their beef??:ohhh:

:dahell:

black panther budget was 200 million

shang-chi budget was 150 million

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was good. IMO, not as great as how cats like John Campea were busting nuts over, but good.

The 3rd act slowed down to me with the typical boss fight.
Best hand to hand combat and "practical" fight scenes in Marvel cinema

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

black panther budget was 200 million

shang-chi budget was 150 million

Really? Didnt know that. They said this movie was shot with imax cameras. Whoever the team is for this movie did more with less then

:yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The movie was good when it was a martial artist film. When they switched it dragged and I was bored with the dialogue. Overall the acting was good.

I heard about the controversy with the Asian best friend and talking black. She can act but her brand of humor is not for me. She was like an annoying white girl. But people on my theatre were cracking up when she was on screen. So I recognize its a preference. She kinda thikk though.

Shang doesn't scream star when he's in the movie. But I guess he's like a quiet star. He's cool.

I def gotta research how this connects to the magic in Dr. Strange movie. Overall it was decent but would have been great if it was a martial art film like it started. Once he went to see a certain older female, I was checked out. Movie fell off imo.
That is pretty much the best description of Shang-Chi as a film.

When it stuck to the Saturday Afternoon King-Fu Theater aspect it worked. When it strayed from that aspect it got very meh.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
small stupid thing but was i the only one who thought
Shang was gonna tell Awkwafina that he killed her grandfather? when he admitted that he carried out his mission as a teenager, i thought for sure that was gonna be some out of leftfield "remember the old man's seat we established earlier, well..."

also, his sister has never acted before? is she a famous Chinese celebrity or something? her imdb is bare and she got the 4th lead in a Marvel movie. that's wild

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I just watched it last night. It was dope, I give it a 8.5/10.

Shang-Chi had the dopest fight scenes out of any MCU movie I've seen so far (and I seen almost all of them). The movie was a little bit slow at parts but nothing that significantly dragged the movie. The humor was decent but nothing special. However, like I said, everything else was dope - the action, cinematography, CGI & special effects, costumes/outfits.

They making a sequel right? :whoo:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I just watched it last night. It was dope, I give it a 8.5/10.

Shang-Chi had the dopest fight scenes out of any MCU movie I've seen so far (and I seen almost all of them). The movie was a little bit slow at parts but nothing that significantly dragged the movie. The humor was decent but nothing special. However, like I said, everything else was dope - the action, cinematography, CGI & special effects, costumes/outfits.

They making a sequel right? :whoo:

The post credits practically scream sequel IMO. But they'll definitely be in other stuff before that. He's clearly gonna be in Dr. Strange 2, that movie is gonna have hella nikkas in it, it seems.