Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
It humanizes the character. It's not needed, no, but it's the hallmark of what separates average movies from great movies.

It's implied he didn't do anything. His father said he let them have 10 years to do whatever. He himself felt like a loser. That's the arc of his whole story...he was not fighting no damn assassins still in those 10 years.

Batman Begins, Bruce was getting his ass whooped
Ironman, Tony had the little janky-ass armors first
And so on and so forth...

This amongst other issues is why I'm saying the movie was mid...it's watchable, but this ain't a great movie. It has the potential but in the pantheon of MCU movies this is above Captain Marvel and below The First Avenger. If that's good-great to you, than we have different expectations for films, especially with what Marvel has brought to us in these last few years.

clearly, he’s special

you idiot. Take your Debbie downer ass outta here

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Clear something up for me:
Why was that monster behind the wall talking to Xu Wen? It's because he word the 10 Rings all the time? Knowledge me.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clear something up for me:
Why was that monster behind the wall talking to Xu Wen? It's because he word the 10 Rings all the time? Knowledge me.

The ten rings were powerful enough to destroyed the dragon scale barrier. Can’t remember, or just implied, but was also that since he was close enough to Ta Lo the dweller in darkness was able to influence him.