Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Why did this movie shyt all over black Panther action and fight scenes??
I know I'm going to catch flack for this... But I thought it was better than Black Panther in my opinion. Tony Leung might fall after Thanos as one of the better marvel villains and the action and locales was definitely better :ehh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I know I'm going to catch flack for this... But I thought it was better than Black Panther in my opinion. Tony Leung might fall after Thanos as one of the better marvel villains and the action and locales was definitely better :ehh:

nikka sit down somewhere

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Movie was hilarious!
Fight scenes were greatly choreographed
His outfit was hideous!
Not sure what the point of the end scene was about, but I guess the second post credits scene was that his sister is going to have her own series or movie about the 10 rings.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
thinking about this and realizing i have no clue what the rings are actually capable of. do they each have an individual power like the stones?
what was the beacon in the credit scene?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
thinking about this and realizing i have no clue what the rings are actually capable of. do they each have an individual power like the stones?
what was the beacon in the credit scene?

It's unclear, the rings vary in power in the comics. They are moderately powerful, but they work a lot differently in the comics. In the comics each ring does a different magic power, usually elemental magic. They are strong but not as strong as the stones for sure.

in the comics the rings belong to alien dragons, so it's likely an alien beacon. The villain most associated with them is Fin Fang Foom, so he might be in the sequel. Who knows tho, MCU doesnt faithfully adapt.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I agree. It’s not like riding a bike. Skills like that wane without practice. Should’ve at least been rusty. Also Katie’s arrow scene was unearned imo.
They trained for like one day before the battle. Should’ve been soul eater food. Also didn’t buy Shang Chi “remembering” his moms trainings as well. I really need some background on these rings too cause he took them from his pops with ease

Yeah I didn't like her arrow scene either. It reminded me of Yajirobe cutting Vegeta's tail in DBZ. :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I had this kind of joy leaving the theater with Black Panther and Shang Chi.

Shang Chi didn’t feel at all like a Marvel movie

100% agree but this time I can't tell if that was good or bad.

In a lot of ways this movie just does the typical hollywood predictable stuff especially at the end, and Marvel has mostly moved away from that. BP didn't feel like a Marvel movie but it also didn't feel like a typical hollywood movie either so in that case it was refreshing.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100% agree but this time I can't tell if that was good or bad.

In a lot of ways this movie just does the typical hollywood predictable stuff especially at the end, and Marvel has mostly moved away from that. BP didn't feel like a Marvel movie but it also didn't feel like a typical hollywood movie either so in that case it was refreshing.

u can tell BP was the blueprint for this movie
and thats not a bad thing. BP had the better story while this one had the bigger budget knowing what was at stake with That movie securing the billy. It was a good intro to
A character i know nothing about. My
Only gripe was the 50+ zoom ins on awkwafina’s goofy a$$ face

:stopitslime:
i forgot bruce was human again so him and hulk squashed their beef??:ohhh:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did this movie shyt all over black Panther action and fight scenes??

It had to. Shang Chi whole thing is being a kung fu master. The fights were probably the most important thing to get right.

tho I agree that Black Panther had some of the weakest action in the MCU. I dunno if that is strictly on Coogler and him not having a knack for how to construct action.

Panther was savage as fukk in Civil War. I expected the film would have retained that type of energy, but nope.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It had to. Shang Chi whole thing is being a kung fu master. The fights were probably the most important thing to get right.

tho I agree that Black Panther had some of the weakest action in the MCU. I dunno if that is strictly on Coogler and him not having a knack for how to construct action.

Panther was savage as fukk in Civil War. I expected the film would have retained that type of energy, but nope.

Yeah, the fight between him and killmonger was pathetic. They build the whole movie up to their super powered fight and it was them standing around waiting for a train to pass

The Dora milaje pretty much carried all the action in that movie