Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
None of those side characters were involved in the big Avenger stuff
Why is Katy getting called up to the big leagues? She’s not a super genius, has no powers, etc
TI, Darcy, Betty Ross, even Jane Foster were never called up
At least Darcy and Jane were super geniuses

I won’t deny that’s a fair question to ask.

But 23 years 25 movies and 12 series in….why do we always keep doing that and asking these types of questions with Marvel when every time one way or another it gets answered?:russ:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See that's where I thought they were going with her. When the old dude told her to breathe right before launching the arrow, I thought maybe they were gonna reveal she had a hidden talent and was about to get mentored. I was hoping for like a Ayra Stark situation where shed find her calling and get taken in for training. But none of that happened so her invite at the end doesn't seem earned.

Her superpower is being an asian fan favorite at the box office :russ:

marvel really cleaned up that racist Mandarin shyt nicely. Action was on point and it was beautifully wish i went to see it in Imax. I like the reimagining of the rings and hopefully he gradually unlocks all the powers. Was that dragon supposed to be fin fang foom? Was he a racist character too??

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Saw it this afternoon. I like it especially the beginning and middle.
When they got into the dragon vs monster kaiju type stuff it was too much, a bit overwhelming. I was feeling more when it was a martial arts type action movie.
I give it 7.5/10. I think that's what I gave Black Widow but I think this was a better time at the movies/vetter movie despite the same score.
All the actors did their thing. I think Simu is gonna blow up off of this especially. Akwafina was whatever to me but my theater was feeling her. The humor was OK but I don't see what the big deal is about her either way.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I won’t deny that’s a fair question to ask.

But 23 years 25 movies and 12 series in….why do we always keep doing that and asking these types of questions with Marvel when every time one way or another it gets answered?:russ:
Why can’t we ask legitimate questions?
Marvel hasn’t always been right because they are still trying to clean up a mistake from 10 years ago in this very movie unless you believe it was all according to plan:comeon:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Why can’t we ask legitimate questions?
Marvel hasn’t always been right because they are still trying to clean up a mistake from 10 years ago in this very movie unless you believe it was all according to plan:comeon:

Like I said….. “one way or another they always answer the questions or pay things off”

This and what you’re referring to are 2 separate things

Also not for nothing…. It’s on record that in the Marvels headquarters….. they literally got a scroll or something laid out that has all their plan well far into the futures. Yea things deviate from time to time like with anything. But overall they always know what direction they are planning to go.

So to an extent yes, this is part of their plans and we’ll get there

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Not if they didn’t realize that sending Katy to the big leagues is a mistake

Also not for nothing…. It’s on record that in the Marvels headquarters….. they literally got a scroll or something laid out that has all their plans well far into the future. Yea things deviate from time to time like with anything. But overall they always know what direction they are planning to go.

So to an extent yes, this is part of their plans and we’ll get there.

And she not in the big leagues yet no one is. No determination can be made off if 2 mins

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked it; it was a decent watch.

The Good:
- Simu Liu playing a stunted slacker was an odd angle to take at the beginning but over the course of the movie his performance and the character of Shang-Chi grew on me.
- Tony Leung was amazing and gave us a complex, nuanced villain that I just wanted to see more of.
- Michelle Yeoh was perfect as always and Awkwafina was not nearly as annoying as I usually find her.
- The fight scenes were very well done especially the bus fight.
- And I nerded out hard for the appearances from The Abomination and Wong. I'm still anxiously waiting for a Wong solo movie, Marvel.

The Bad:
- The plot of Shang-Chi started out interesting as Shang-Chi's family dynamics were the driving force of things but that all changed with the third act that became focused on some janky CGI alien monster and his cadre of winged scrotums. It was all just a mess that took away from what I wanted to continue seeing which was the family drama.
- Death Dealer was such a cool looking villain and in the few fight scenes we got to see of him he came across as deadly cool so of course the character was underused and barely given any screen time.

The Ugly:
- I really would like to bury Iron Man 3 and salt the earth afterwards so I wasn't a fan of seeing Trevor the fake Mandarin pop up in this movie. Ben Kingsley is a great actor but I could've lived without seeing him here.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Just watched it. Thought Tony Leung was excellent. Simu was pretty good as well. Loved the action and music. Loved the family angle. I understand why they made a call back to IM3, but I didn't think it was necessary for the film at all besides comedic relief. I doubt this was their plan all along regarding that. The ending did drag slightly. I thought Shang vs. his father would have been the end and that was that, but I think we had to see Shang become a hero of sorts. He's gotta be able to fight big ass monsters if he wants to step up to the big leagues :russ:I'm curious to see where Shang's going to fit in the universe, but it should be dope to see.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Why did this movie shyt all over black Panther action and fight scenes??
cgi constraints from being shot with IW and endgame. coogler wanted to focus more on the story than action in the first film, if chad hadn't died i garuntee the sequel would have had way better action pieces and less cgi fighting.