Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:snoop: She really puts me off.
she wasn't that bad in the movie, but she's a non-powered person being strung along now as an Avenger? i couldn't even really tell if they wanted me to think she was his love interest by the end either.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
We did it again :banderas:

Yep.

I remember some time ago….. some people said “they like more grounded comic book movies” so if that’s their taste, then Cap 2 is something more fitting for them over comic books movies that’s more sci fi and fantasy.

I think the grounded shyt is cool, but I think the latter is the lane and sandbox Comic Books movies should for the most part stay in.

I can watch fukking Bad Boys, James Bond, and John Wick for ground shyt and we already got hundreds of them.

So seeing some people’s bad reaction to this is curious…. But I guess understood:ld:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. It’s not like riding a bike. Skills like that wane without practice. Should’ve at least been rusty. Also Katie’s arrow scene was unearned imo.
They trained for like one day before the battle. Should’ve been soul eater food. Also didn’t buy Shang Chi “remembering” his moms trainings as well. I really need some background on these rings too cause he took them from his pops with ease

I agree with all of these points and I think that’s what hurts the film. I could only give it a 7.5 by my standards for these reasons. It’s a cool movie but far from the MCUs best story wise.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think calling her an Avenger is a stretch :skip:

Yea niccas getting too crazy in here:russ:

Like no one calls Darcy or TI Avengers, hell not even Pepper Potts and she actually was in the final battle against Thanos to save the world:mjlol:

Lets relax:lolbron:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree. It’s not like riding a bike. Skills like that wane without practice. Should’ve at least been rusty. Also Katie’s arrow scene was unearned imo.
They trained for like one day before the battle. Should’ve been soul eater food. Also didn’t buy Shang Chi “remembering” his moms trainings as well. I really need some background on these rings too cause he took them from his pops with ease
Yup

Also don't like the friend being brought around because she was at a battle....

Movie was cool a solid 7, it didn't feel "authentic" to me but I'm not Chinese so maybe that's why...

But it definitely felt like a American attempt at hidden tiger crouching dragon or monkey king.

Conz

Superstar
Daps

Like no one calls Darcy or TI Avengers, hell not even Pepper Potts and she actually was in the final battle against Thanos to save the world:mjlol:

TI was never asked to come through a Wong portal and welcomed to the group by Bruce Banner. she definitely had the biggest "non-powered" sidekick role. she was like his Rhodey except she was just some chick who parked cars and not a military genius.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TI was never asked to come through a Wong portal and welcomed to the group by Bruce Banner. she definitely had the biggest "non-powered" sidekick role. she was like his Rhodey except she was just some chick who parked cars and not a military genius.
Yeah conveniently she was good at driving and shooting arrows I guess.

Wong telling her to walk through the portal def made me go :gucci:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

None of those side characters were involved in the big Avenger stuff
Why is Katy getting called up to the big leagues? She’s not a super genius, has no powers, etc
TI, Darcy, Betty Ross, even Jane Foster were never called up
At least Darcy and Jane were super geniuses

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
None of those side characters were involved in the big Avenger stuff
Why is Katy getting called up to the big leagues? She’s not a super genius, has no powers, etc
TI, Darcy, Betty Ross, even Jane Foster were never called up
At least Darcy and Jane were super geniuses

See that's where I thought they were going with her. When the old dude told her to breathe right before launching the arrow, I thought maybe they were gonna reveal she had a hidden talent and was about to get mentored. I was hoping for like a Ayra Stark situation where shed find her calling and get taken in for training. But none of that happened so her invite at the end doesn't seem earned.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I just didn’t take that as her Peter Parker Infinity War “You’re an Avenger now kid” moment. Just that she’s gonna be a key part of Shang Chi’s story going forward :manny: