Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
no one sat next to me.

mid-tier. good fun. suffered same thing as Black Panther where i left not even thinking about the character of T'Challa, although i liked the side characters in that movie more. why is Awkwafina an Avenger now? she's a comic relief who inexplicably turned into Hawkeye for a few minutes.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The movie was good when it was a martial artist film. When they switched it dragged and I was bored with the dialogue. Overall the acting was good.

I heard about the controversy with the Asian best friend and talking black. She can act but her brand of humor is not for me. She was like an annoying white girl. But people on my theatre were cracking up when she was on screen. So I recognize its a preference. She kinda thikk though.

Shang doesn't scream star when he's in the movie. But I guess he's like a quiet star. He's cool.

I def gotta research how this connects to the magic in Dr. Strange movie. Overall it was decent but would have been great if it was a martial art film like it started. Once he went to see a certain older female, I was checked out. Movie fell off imo.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I give more thoughts later but I felt alot of Black Panther elements. Hard to explain why though.
b/c it wasn't really all that linked to the MCU proper and established a new land. it was very Black Panther, but not nearly as serious or impactful. i don't really have a preference between the 2 though tbh. both are mid-tier MCU movies to me. /blasphemy.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was good, not great. First half definitely was better. Everything from the fights to the humor and pacing. I actually like Awkwafina but I get why she gets on people's nerves. The dad's first fight with the mom was beautiful and I enjoyed the bus fight. Something went wonky in the middle and it never got back to the sharpness of the first half. I also hate fake Mandarin, so when he reappeared, it drudged up unexpected Iron Man 3 resentment:skip:
Him and his headless talking turkey were giving strong Jar-Jar Bunks vibes.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind watching a sequel but I hope they'll be more like the first half. 6.5/10

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
no one sat next to me.

mid-tier. good fun. suffered same thing as Black Panther where i left not even thinking about the character of T'Challa, although i liked the side characters in that movie more. why is Awkwafina an Avenger now? she's a comic relief who inexplicably turned into Hawkeye for a few minutes.
:snoop: She really puts me off.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

wOoDJs.gif