Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it will be a decent movie in general, but yeah, they didn’t build this up at all.

If Asians don’t come out in theaters to show their purchasing power, this is going to flop.

I think some people are actively wanting this film to flop for whatever reason. It's kinda making me want to root for it.

Mendelson enjoyed it and he generally despises superhero films

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
they keep releasing little tv spots that continue to have zero "wow" setpiece shots or anything. the most exciting thing they've shown is that dude cutting a bus in half and that was in trailer 1.

they also seem to think the public craves weak Awkwafina one-liners. she has had more dialogue than the main character over the course of the trailers, and she's not famous enough for that spotlight, imo. every now and then trailers have a line of dialogue that is so awful i remember it for life, and her "what happened to your shirt" delivery is probably gonna be one of those.
I just think Akwafina doesn't appeal to the coli crowd. She's popular for a reason. I actually have maybe seen her in one thing so I don't even know enough about her to hate her.

Last edited:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think some people are actively wanting this film to flop for whatever reason. It's kinda making me want to root for it.

Mendelson enjoyed it and he generally despises superhero films

Marvel movies are always reviewed well because the reviewers don't want to lose Disney access. See Black Widow which many of the ones on the take were calling the best Marvel movie. The studio has incredible influence because of what's under their umbrella.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Marvel movies are always reviewed well because the reviewers don't want to lose Disney access. See Black Widow which many of the ones on the take were calling the best Marvel movie. The studio has incredible influence because of what's under their umbrella.
Except the that specific critic you quoted is usually very lukewarm on Marvel movies and have gave a few a bad review.