Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Only the studios know what they want out of a release or hybrid release. Everything else is guessing. Unless executives leak some info or outright say they aren't happy then there's not much to go on. Hollywood Reporter and Variety have some decent sources. internet blogs don't.

If that’s the logic you want to go by, then we will revisit this thread once the film is released. If deadline (who has A+ sources) calls it a underperformance and flop, then no caping or excuse making for the film.

If we’re keeping it 100%, the China market is going to determine whether this film succeeds or fails more than the American market. There’s no timeline when that will even happen or if the film will still have the same traction or interest when it does.

How the film does here won’t make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things as we aren’t the target audience.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If that’s the logic you want to go by, then we will revisit this thread once the film is released. If deadline (who has A+ sources) calls it a underperformance and flop, then no caping or excuse making for the film.

Depends because Deadline could be using studio sources or info from rival studios.. but generally speaking they are up there with THR and Variety.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Depends because Deadline could be using studio sources or info from rival studios.. but generally speaking they are up there with THR and Variety.

The same could be said with THR and Variety………

Deadline comes with numbers and deep dive statistics to back up their claims, so I’d trust what they say about the film more than others.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I have nothing bad to say other than if they got a Bruce Lee look-alike they would’ve made more at the Box Office. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The same could be said with THR and Variety………

Deadline comes with numbers and deep dive statistics to back up their claims, so I’d trust what they say about the film more than others.

Disney may show their hand anyway.. They did when it came to Black Widow. The 1st week they were announcing numbers themselves and then when overseas didn't hit and the premier access and domestic totals dropped like a hot potato the second week... Disney went silent. And also Scarlett came out pissed because she knew her money was fukked.

So we know they all consider Black Widow a flop or underperformance. They may tip their hand here. Not sure what the production costs were..

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Disney may show their hand anyway.. They did when it came to Black Widow. The 1st week they were announcing numbers themselves and then when overseas didn't hit and the premier access and domestic totals dropped like a hot potato the second week... Disney went silent. And also Scarlett came out pissed because she knew her money was fukked.

So we know they all consider Black Widow a flop or underperformance. They may tip their hand here. Not sure what the production costs were..

They need the Chinese market for this film to be a success, but they have no clue when it will actually release in theaters there. It could be months down the road for all they know. Them putting it out now and not along with premier access tells me that they know it’s going to underperform, but are going to try to recoup as much money from it as possible especially considering they’ve already taken a financial loss from the toys not moving.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They probably felt they could do this and The Eternals next because they hit a home run with Guardians of the Galaxy, a lesser known property..

I remember people questioning GOTG but I knew they'd do well after the first trailer, I just knew at the very least Rocket Rac00n was gonna be popular.

Not sure I feel that way here.. maybe they got arrogant, only time will tell.
I think there’s also the fact phase one was building up to something. The Avengers and after that we were building up to Thanos and the Infinity Stones.

Im not sure Kang has established himself as a threat yet( a nuance) and there’s no clear idea of who’s is stepping up to fight him. The multiverse for now is just a multiverse of what ifs.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think there’s also the fact phase one was building up to something. The Avengers and after that we were building up to Thanos and the Infinity Stones.

Im not sure Kang has established himself as a threat yet( a nuance) and there’s no clear idea of who’s is stepping up to fight him. The multiverse for now is just a multiverse of what ifs.

If we’re also keeping it 100% honest, a lot of casuals investment and interest in the actual storylines ended with Endgame and RDJ dying. Therefore, you might be hard pressed to get or keep them all onboard again to see this new storyline through the end.

It’s why I think they’re asking for trouble asking fans to keep track of what’s going on with the TV shows so they won’t be lost in theaters. Multiverse storylines tend to get confusing as hell at certain points.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They need the Chinese market for this film to be a success, but they have no clue when it will actually release in theaters there. It could be months down the road for all they know. Them putting it out now and not along with premier access tells me that they know it’s going to underperform, but are going to try to recoup as much money from it as possible especially considering they’ve already taken a financial loss from the toys not moving.

i've seen lesser sites report a budget of $150M on this. i'd rather see one of the top sites report that but if it's true.... China won't be able to save it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
shyt, regardless if this flops dont flop.
These muthafukkas got bank and material forever.
They have a "What If..." cartoon.
Do rhey still even make those books??

:deadmanny:

The fact there even IS Shang Chi movie is mind blowing.
All these numbers and shyt dont mean jack to hardcore comic brothers like me.

These shyts is probably gonna be dropping forever.
Get over it.

:mjlit:

Need that Cable/Deadpool buddy comedy!

:banderas:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If this doesn't do well one reason might be because people are tired of seeing Asians do kung fu all the time