Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
yeah that's what i'm saying. i'm thinking this film won't get a high box office even with covid into account.
my guess is 60 mill
A Rush Hour movie with marvel studios budget is probably going to do just fine.
also the numbers mortal kombat did kill any argument that, dual releases, r ratings, or covid can be the difference between a success and a flop. They might affect it a little but not enough to sway it one way of another. If your movie flops now, it was probably only going to do antman number under the best circumstances anyway.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Incoming flop

If thats what you want then so be it.... I understand the hate.:hubie:

But just know if this flops its gonna be OVER for so many other movies and niccas gonna start rethinking they strategies:usure:

So how bad do you want you Spiderman and other shyt thats in a holding pattern?:sas2:

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
If thats what you want then so be it.... I understand the hate.:hubie:

But just know if this flops its gonna be OVER for so many other movies and niccas gonna start rethinking they strategies:usure:

So how bad do you want you Spiderman and other shyt thats in a holding pattern?:sas2:

This isnt Spiderman.

Regardless, it just looks like a bad and chessy movie that we all have seen before.

The property isnt good and the hype isnt there, even in a normal climate...This movie would put up Ant-Man numbers

Conz

Superstar
Daps
there's no buzz for this movie right now. really tough spot - no big name stars, no MCU tie-in shots in the trailers save for a blink and you'll miss it shot of the villain from the worst and most forgotton MCU movie(imo), and delta. i mean, never write off Marvel, and i'll be braving it myself in the theater, but this will probably "flop." if they drop a final trailer, i feel like they're gonna have to give a major dragon moneyshot to stir up more interest.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:dead: Disney really thought this was gonna be as hyped-up & successful as "Black Panther"

Some excerpts from the article:

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is looking to open very soft with a meager $35-55M opening weekend, according to current box office projections.

That’s bad for a Marvel movie. Pandemic or not.

And it’s in stark contrast to the media claiming Shang-Chi would make box office history, and could be the next Black Panther just a few short months ago.

There’s been a palpable lack of interest in both Shang-Chi and The Eternals. Both are based on relatively obscure Marvel comic books that the general public has little knowledge of. And both seem relatively disconnected from the previous Avengers movies, despite Shang-Chi featuring the (proper) Mandarin and Abomination.

Shang-Chi merchandise has been on clearance for weeks, as kids won’t be clamoring for toys of characters they’re not familiar with… like “Marvel’s Katy.”

MArvels-Katy-on-CLearance.png

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

:dead: Disney really thought this was gonna be as hyped-up & successful as "Black Panther"

Some excerpts from the article:

This cac said “pandemic or not” like it should have no impact. :mjlol:.

this is unprecedented. Nobody knows what is considered a success and what isn’t.

Damn near every entertainment industry is taking L’s right now. You got millions of Americans who won’t get vaccinated or wear masks. But some how you expect everyone to pack theaters?

I’ve never seen so many delusional people in my life :dahell: