Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
you'd think the green screen tech would be better, but now it's damn near too blatant and corny.

they need to go back to set building or get better CGI teams on these joints.

edit: ILM did Jungle Cruise.

They falling off like this now :scust:

had to be the C-Team

These movies generally have a few different cgi teams working on them now.. so that's why you'll see some scenes look bad and other scenes look good, it's not consistent..

They need to go back to more practical effects tho either way. There's no reason for Black Widow as a spy movie to have cgi'd car chases.. no reason at all. They should be crashing real cars.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
When I went to see Old I saw way too many people coming into the theater without masks and even the employees in the movie theater were majority maskless.
That's when I knew I needed to start staying my ass at home again.
I want to see Shang-Chi but if Disney won't offer it as a streaming option then I won't be seeing it.

spoiler your avatar :ufdup::picard:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
so does anyone else think Marvel is purposely sending this movie to die? :patrice:
unless they announce something differently in their earnings call later today

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
so does anyone else think Marvel is purposely sending this movie to die? :patrice:
unless they announce something differently in their earnings call later today
No, what do you mean by, 'purposely sending this movie to die'? They have promoted it a lot marketing wise and Marvel doesn't really ramp up ad campaigns until like the week of the movie. So if anything this seems to be getting more promo than anything. Especially compared to the movie after it The Eternals.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
No, what do you mean by, 'purposely sending this movie to die'? They have promoted it a lot marketing wise and Marvel doesn't really ramp up ad campaigns until like the week of the movie. So if anything this seems to be getting more promo than anything. Especially compared to the movie after it The Eternals.
I don't think this will do well in the box office

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think they're releasing it just to release it and sacrificing it
I don't understand, you don't think this movie was made with turining profit in mind?
I think they put their beat foot forward but not everything hits the same. It's a new character to the MCU who had little to no following in the comics. That puts it behind most Marvel releases as far as hype. But they are banking on things as far as turn out that don't apply to me/us (I assume). This is an attempt at having a "Black Panther moment" with the Asian community and I'm not familiar but the villain in this Mandarin, the actor playing him is like the biggest Chinese movie star in history. Now this being an Asian-centric movie with the biggest Chinese movie star ever doesn't do anything for me but I'm also not the target audience they are aiming at with those variables.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand, you don't think this movie was made with turining profit in mind?
I think they put their beat foot forward but not everything hits the same. It's a new character to the MCU who had little to no following in the comics. That puts it behind most Marvel releases as far as hype. But they are banking on things as far as turn out that don't apply to me/us (I assume). This is an attempt at having a "Black Panther moment" with the Asian community and I'm not familiar but the villain in this Mandarin, the actor playing him is like the biggest Chinese movie star in history. Now this being an Asian-centric movie with the biggest Chinese movie star ever doesn't do anything for me but I'm also not the target audience they are aiming at with those variables.
ok we'll see